RMC's el hefe build.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
There adapter shackles so to speak, they go from a 3.5" hanger to a 2.5 spring.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Tonight's home made goody. Dash corner brace.
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (190.26 KiB) Viewed 922 times
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Reinforcing before the dash is falling of... You're doing it backwards!
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Naw it's pretty close to that now lol, I had to do something while the paint on my shackles dries. I'm going to start on the door switch next, then another coat. I have to wait till tomarrow morning to install the shackles cause I'm out of 5/8-3/4 bushing tubing. With any luck the shocks n bumps will be mounted by the end of the morning. Disassembling the leaf packs as well tonight.
- 93Broncobuff
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
- Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Nice brew!
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
mmmm - light machine grey - good color choice! haha. I used to use that a lot but am on a "machine grey" kick right now for some reason.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
So I took my tail gate cover off.... Ya that's going back on till I'm ready to paint this thing or I have nothing to do. I really don't feel like messing with body work. So anyway long story short I fixed the rear window motor, disassembled it, blew out the carbon dust reseated the brushes and bingo, resistance value came back to where its supposed to be. Now finally on to the rear suspension work. I know those of you who have had to mess with the rear window motor share my love for awkward angle crappy access panels. Pics to come as progress happens.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
The problem with the motors is usually in the bushings under the gear and not the motor itself. It's easy and cheap to fix.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Good to know thanks Steve, so it wears out and allows the worm shaft to cock and jam up I'm guessing? Ill look at the other side better if it acts up agian. Ya it's kinda hard to build a bedcage with no tailgate access. I'm bummed about not being done in time but I guess that's how it goes when you try to put f150 packs on a bronco, I should have known better but I'd rather have stayed home than rock the stock leafs n blown ranchos.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
The bushings inside disintegrate. See the third post on this page: http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... 4&start=20 You can see the part number for the replacement bushings in that post, too. I would replace the bushings in the front doors, too.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
You rock Steve thanks for the intel.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Made the dash solid, pop rivets pulled out so I had to through bolt it. I like to call it the hybrid effect both pop rivets and bolts.
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (192.35 KiB) Viewed 828 times
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Worked on shackle fitment, and leaf pack removal and disassembly. I have a few sets of lift blocks sitting around so I measured up the stack and cut a set of blocks down to simulate the removed leafs. I also through drilled them so i can ensure no axel spring pad locating pin issues. Tomarrow on to full tuck, carpet removal and bedcage time!
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (215.02 KiB) Viewed 818 times
- cypher
- Posts: 218
- Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm
- Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Thanks for showing pics of the dash bracket placement:) Nice work!
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Np & thx man.cypher wrote:Thanks for showing pics of the dash bracket placement:) Nice work!
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Leaf packs ready for cycleing.
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (216.97 KiB) Viewed 768 times
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Tuck is not as high as I'd hoped but ill make due.
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (208.57 KiB) Viewed 768 times
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Looks like the new shackles could have been 3/8 of an inch longer also. I may make another set. I don't think the tuck position will change by enough to mess with it though but I may get more motivated later. It's been a long day walking wise, went to the fair and watched demolition derby with the fam. It was cool as always. I'm sure the desert run would have been fun too, I also heard the bee hive was at Elsinore also today. So demo derby will have to fill the racing bug for today.
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (152.17 KiB) Viewed 766 times
