RMC's el hefe build.

Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

There adapter shackles so to speak, they go from a 3.5" hanger to a 2.5 spring.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Tonight's home made goody. Dash corner brace.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (190.26 KiB) Viewed 920 times
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by SteveG »

Reinforcing before the dash is falling of... You're doing it backwards!
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Naw it's pretty close to that now lol, I had to do something while the paint on my shackles dries. I'm going to start on the door switch next, then another coat. I have to wait till tomarrow morning to install the shackles cause I'm out of 5/8-3/4 bushing tubing. With any luck the shocks n bumps will be mounted by the end of the morning. Disassembling the leaf packs as well tonight.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (238.79 KiB) Viewed 900 times
User avatar
93Broncobuff
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
Location: Huntington Beach, California

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by 93Broncobuff »

Nice brew!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

mmmm - light machine grey - good color choice! haha. I used to use that a lot but am on a "machine grey" kick right now for some reason.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

So I took my tail gate cover off.... Ya that's going back on till I'm ready to paint this thing or I have nothing to do. I really don't feel like messing with body work. So anyway long story short I fixed the rear window motor, disassembled it, blew out the carbon dust reseated the brushes and bingo, resistance value came back to where its supposed to be. Now finally on to the rear suspension work. I know those of you who have had to mess with the rear window motor share my love for awkward angle crappy access panels. Pics to come as progress happens.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by SteveG »

The problem with the motors is usually in the bushings under the gear and not the motor itself. It's easy and cheap to fix.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Good to know thanks Steve, so it wears out and allows the worm shaft to cock and jam up I'm guessing? Ill look at the other side better if it acts up agian. Ya it's kinda hard to build a bedcage with no tailgate access. I'm bummed about not being done in time but I guess that's how it goes when you try to put f150 packs on a bronco, I should have known better but I'd rather have stayed home than rock the stock leafs n blown ranchos.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by SteveG »

The bushings inside disintegrate. See the third post on this page: http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... 4&start=20 You can see the part number for the replacement bushings in that post, too. I would replace the bushings in the front doors, too.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

You rock Steve thanks for the intel.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Made the dash solid, pop rivets pulled out so I had to through bolt it. I like to call it the hybrid effect both pop rivets and bolts.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (192.35 KiB) Viewed 826 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Worked on shackle fitment, and leaf pack removal and disassembly. I have a few sets of lift blocks sitting around so I measured up the stack and cut a set of blocks down to simulate the removed leafs. I also through drilled them so i can ensure no axel spring pad locating pin issues. Tomarrow on to full tuck, carpet removal and bedcage time!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (215.02 KiB) Viewed 816 times
User avatar
cypher
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by cypher »

Thanks for showing pics of the dash bracket placement:) Nice work!
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

cypher wrote:Thanks for showing pics of the dash bracket placement:) Nice work!
Np & thx man.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Spacers installed.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (184.97 KiB) Viewed 767 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Leaf packs ready for cycleing.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (216.97 KiB) Viewed 766 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Tuck is not as high as I'd hoped but ill make due.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (208.57 KiB) Viewed 766 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Looks like the new shackles could have been 3/8 of an inch longer also. I may make another set. I don't think the tuck position will change by enough to mess with it though but I may get more motivated later. It's been a long day walking wise, went to the fair and watched demolition derby with the fam. It was cool as always. I'm sure the desert run would have been fun too, I also heard the bee hive was at Elsinore also today. So demo derby will have to fill the racing bug for today.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (152.17 KiB) Viewed 764 times
Post Reply