2013 Baja HID run

Races, meets, etc
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by philofab »

What is required for the trail? Green sticker or plate?
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by Rmc »

Last I knew green stickers were ok in season on all blm land, plates are always ok.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by Rmc »

If green sticker or offroad plates a spark arrestor is a must( bikes), the fine is very steep so I've heard from the rangers.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by philofab »

Yea, I am aware of the spark arrestor thing... They always tried to bust us outside of Laughlin where the US Hare Scrambles are.

I'm old so I have legit exhaust anymore.
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by BajaF250 »

AussieRod wrote:
tcm glx wrote:Hahaha. Heyyyy, that message was private. Lol. Anyways, say the word and we can make a seat available and find a way to fly you out.


Rod, where the hell are you??? Can't do this with out you! Logistics are easy too. Rental at the airport and your good to go!
I'm only a tentative maybe for this at the moment. Mick will come IF I can afford the trip. I wont know for sure until after June, but put me down for a maybe +1 :D
It won't be the same without you... hope you guys can make it... start saving those shekels!
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by AussieRod »

BajaF250 wrote:
AussieRod wrote:
tcm glx wrote:Hahaha. Heyyyy, that message was private. Lol. Anyways, say the word and we can make a seat available and find a way to fly you out.


Rod, where the hell are you??? Can't do this with out you! Logistics are easy too. Rental at the airport and your good to go!
I'm only a tentative maybe for this at the moment. Mick will come IF I can afford the trip. I wont know for sure until after June, but put me down for a maybe +1 :D
It won't be the same without you... hope you guys can make it... start saving those shekels!
I'll do my best, Tom, thats all I can promise right now.
User avatar
Rwies
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:19 pm
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco
Location: West Covina, CA

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by Rwies »

This sounds like it will be a great trip...Tony can you put me on the maybe list? Will be a good first GFB outing for me!
Autofabtimmy
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:17 am
Bronco Info: 87 4x4 4.9

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by Autofabtimmy »

Im pretty sure i can actually make it on this one. Ol blue is ready forthe trip now, maybe the baja bug will be done in time, is it all fast road or will there be some fun use of 4x4
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by otter »

I really want to do this, but I have a few questions.

Is it Barstow to Laughlin then back as a group or just to Laughlin?

I will be towing the Bronco down, does anyone know of a safe place to store my truck and trailer for the weekend?
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by Rmc »

I have a friend in hesperia, you could park it at his house. Beats a parking lot along the fwy I think. Or at his dads house in apple valley. His dad has acreage.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by otter »

Rmc wrote:I have a friend in hesperia, you could park it at his house. Beats a parking lot along the fwy I think. Or at his dads house in apple valley. His dad has acreage.

That would be perfect. Do you think his dad in Apple Valley would be cool with that? I have places to keep it in Temecula just don't want to drive down that far and come back up.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by tcm glx »

Would be great if you joined us Otter!
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by otter »

I would love to. I just need to figure out the logistics. Is the plan just dirt one way? Oh yeah, I go by Patrick in real life. haha
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by tcm glx »

otter wrote:I would love to. I just need to figure out the logistics. Is the plan just dirt one way? Oh yeah, I go by Patrick in real life. haha

Hey Patrick, yes dirt one way and the pavement back on Sunday.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by Rmc »

otter wrote:
Rmc wrote:I have a friend in hesperia, you could park it at his house. Beats a parking lot along the fwy I think. Or at his dads house in apple valley. His dad has acreage.

That would be perfect. Do you think his dad in Apple Valley would be cool with that? I have places to keep it in Temecula just don't want to drive down that far and come back up.
U could park it by my house, I'm just north of temecula... I was just trying to get u as close as possible. I may tow mine to that dudes dads house also due to if it breaks down on the trip it turns into less of an ordeal to get my tow rig. The guy I'm talking about wants to go on this run also but he has an f150. It's the one posted up for trade for a bronco in the ads.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by Rmc »

That brings up a question. U guys aren't gonna throw rocks at the non broncos are you? He feels bronco in his heart I promise hahaha.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by tcm glx »

We don't grow rocks at anyone man.......
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by Rmc »

Grow? Hehe
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by Rmc »

Jk. It will be fun I'm looking foreword to the run.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I've got a foreign vehicle and no rocks have pelted it yet. Well, at least ones thrown by this group! Accidental roosts have been about it.

So yeah, any/all are welcome
Post Reply