Josh aka greaslifes 86

Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by Rmc »

Oh cool gotcha. Ya I bent up 2 different bows similar to yours n I was having a hell of a time for head room due to height of the factory rear seat, so after I wAisted 40ft I said I gotta rethink this.. Just didn't want u throwing money away like me.
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by greaslife »

Little up date got the front end all back together and filled the diff. Would you know I got a leak at the driver side seal. So I get too pull it all down agin an
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by greaslife »

Here's a teaser pic.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367623931.780522.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367623931.780522.jpg (154.51 KiB) Viewed 1156 times
User avatar
Kel Fab Creations
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:01 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco
Location: San Jacinto, Ca
Contact:

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

That SUCKS! I bought all new seals for the front end on mine while I had it apart for that very reason.
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by greaslife »

Thing is Kel my lazy ass just didn't put them in they are sitting on the bench
User avatar
Kel Fab Creations
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:01 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco
Location: San Jacinto, Ca
Contact:

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

Oh man! That's makes it hurt even more. Lol.
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by greaslife »

Since I couldn't find a seal locally this weakened my A.D.D took over and got me here
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367792375.517759.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367792375.517759.jpg (74.5 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367792400.644815.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367792400.644815.jpg (68.08 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367792436.204788.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367792436.204788.jpg (79.25 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
Plan on doing cross bars between the b&c pillars along with a l from the b pillar too the b pillar brace behind the seats. I m thinking of a bar from the b&c pillar cross intersection for the rear seat shoulder harnesses then a seat frame too the b pillar. As soon as I get a chance I will show what Im Talking about.

Any suggestions ?
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by Rmc »

Nice progress!
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by greaslife »

Thanks. Here's what I was thing for the rear seats.

Any feed back would be grate I don't want too do this agin
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367799749.725564.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367799749.725564.jpg (80.66 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by greaslife »

The yellow circle ? I don't know if I should bend this pice or use straight tube too another floor plate and attach it to my rear shock mount
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by tcm glx »

Cage is looking great Josh..... Not sure what you mean about the yellow circle
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by Rmc »

Use a floor plate, and do another down bar to intersect the kicker tube from the back rear corner at the same intersection as the rear seat crossbar, just my .02 cents though.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Looking good Josh.

I agree with Robert on the floor plate for the yellow circle. If you can take it through the floor to the frame there too. There's a body mount close by under that silver plate in the floor. Could be a good place to tie in.

And one more thought/idea is for the B pillar tubes - ones you have drawn in blue behind the pass seat. I'd go from the curve/bend in that one up at an angle to the upper bend where it hits both the horizontal and diagonal down bars to the C pillar area.
I can draw this for you if what I wrote above doesn't make sense.

This won't add a ton of weight or a tube that will really be in the way any more than what you have drawn, but it will add some support for that B pillar corner in a hard roll.
User avatar
93Broncobuff
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
Location: Huntington Beach, California

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by 93Broncobuff »

Excellent work man!!!
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by Polarcub »

You have been busy josh! Glad to see your making progress.
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by greaslife »

Here she is on all four.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368449438.226603.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368449438.226603.jpg (63.73 KiB) Viewed 952 times
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Quite beastly
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by tcm glx »

I'd move outta the way!!!! Looks manly!
User avatar
93Broncobuff
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
Location: Huntington Beach, California

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by 93Broncobuff »

:o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: EEEPPPPIIICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by greaslife »

Here's the back all tacked up. I'm stoping here for now. That way I can come through the floor I will decide on that after my trip in two weeks
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368493564.635736.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368493564.635736.jpg (70.96 KiB) Viewed 901 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368493574.779089.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368493574.779089.jpg (83.38 KiB) Viewed 901 times
.
Post Reply