Do skinny jeans even have flys? Or are they like the old school jean strech pants?SteveG wrote:Do they still make those? Do kids these days even know how they work?ESHALLBETTER wrote:You know when I'm talkin' Levi's I'm talkin' full button fly!
Tina Turner
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
I still havent figured out wth guys are wearing skinny jeans for.
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
It's stage one in the planned downfall of the alpha male. Skinny jeans, journals and being sensitive is where we our society wants us to be. Being a man is starting to be something of the past.hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I still havent figured out wth guys are wearing skinny jeans for.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
Aerodynamic advantage.hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I still havent figured out wth guys are wearing skinny jeans for.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
To me it seems my junk would be in my throat. Rhat in itself is an issue.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
Rhat it is!hobbyturnedobsession wrote:To me it seems my junk would be in my throat. Rhat in itself is an issue.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
Stupid small phone and fat fingers!
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
So it's been awhile but I have done a ton of stuff. Plan was to run the C6 for a little while before I spent the cash on the rest of the trans swap. I also needed to replace the rear main seal. So off I went to pull the trans and get to it. Well that snowballed into pulling the entire motor, resealing the whole thing and doing the trans swap. I am pretty sure ever gasket and seal was leaking. But she is back up and running and I finally got to drive it for the first time.
Had the motor almost out and realized the hoist didn't have the height to get over the core support. Had to kneel her down to the bumps.


Motor with all sealed up and some new parts

Motor ready to go back in.

New Trans mount



Here is the nasty trans the motor was worse.

Had the motor almost out and realized the hoist didn't have the height to get over the core support. Had to kneel her down to the bumps.


Motor with all sealed up and some new parts

Motor ready to go back in.

New Trans mount



Here is the nasty trans the motor was worse.

-
drewbee88
- Posts: 502
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:18 pm
- Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.
- Location: Modesto, CA
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
Lookin good senor! Your gonna love having a 5spd. I'm ordering tubing for roll cage and beams this week plan to start around the 15th
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
What trans did u go with? Tremec 5 speed? How hard was the swap? Where did u get the clutch petal assy? Is there a knock out for both the shifter hole and the clutch petal? Is it a hydraulic clutch cable? I'm impressed, I've been thinking of this swap for a while due to no upgrades for the e40d. Do tell brother 
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
I saw previous on clutch petal assy sry.
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
It's just a M50D-R2. It's all a bolt in swap, stupid easy. Pedals I pulled full the Junk yard. The floor plate just unbolts and replaced with a manual plate.Rmc wrote:What trans did u go with? Tremec 5 speed? How hard was the swap? Where did u get the clutch petal assy? Is there a knock out for both the shifter hole and the clutch petal? Is it a hydraulic clutch cable? I'm impressed, I've been thinking of this swap for a while due to no upgrades for the e40d. Do tell brother
Right on man. I will have to cruise up and check it out or give you a hand. I am off for 2 weeks around that time.drewbee88 wrote:Lookin good senor! Your gonna love having a 5spd. I'm ordering tubing for roll cage and beams this week plan to start around the 15th
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
Will the computer get pissed off or does it care? Are the plugs the same?
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
It had a C6 in it, so I didn't have computer issues. For the E4OD I am pretty sure you need the Manual trans computer.
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
thought I would post some updates. I have been driving it for awhile now. She is doing good. Still need a few things but all in all it's good. It got a little wider up front (2 inches per side). Just got done polishing the wheels and skid plate. I was bored and the wheels have been driving me crazy.










-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
As always looks great!
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
Love the plus two. Perfect track with those wheels. Looks awesome!
-
drewbee88
- Posts: 502
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:18 pm
- Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.
- Location: Modesto, CA
Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan
Lookin good man! Glad to see you using it!

