Tina Turner

User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

SteveG wrote:
ESHALLBETTER wrote:You know when I'm talkin' Levi's I'm talkin' full button fly!
Do they still make those? Do kids these days even know how they work?
Do skinny jeans even have flys? Or are they like the old school jean strech pants?
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I still havent figured out wth guys are wearing skinny jeans for.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I still havent figured out wth guys are wearing skinny jeans for.
It's stage one in the planned downfall of the alpha male. Skinny jeans, journals and being sensitive is where we our society wants us to be. Being a man is starting to be something of the past.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by SteveG »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I still havent figured out wth guys are wearing skinny jeans for.
Aerodynamic advantage.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

To me it seems my junk would be in my throat. Rhat in itself is an issue.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by SteveG »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:To me it seems my junk would be in my throat. Rhat in itself is an issue.
Rhat it is!
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Stupid small phone and fat fingers!
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

So it's been awhile but I have done a ton of stuff. Plan was to run the C6 for a little while before I spent the cash on the rest of the trans swap. I also needed to replace the rear main seal. So off I went to pull the trans and get to it. Well that snowballed into pulling the entire motor, resealing the whole thing and doing the trans swap. I am pretty sure ever gasket and seal was leaking. But she is back up and running and I finally got to drive it for the first time.


Had the motor almost out and realized the hoist didn't have the height to get over the core support. Had to kneel her down to the bumps.
Image

Image

Motor with all sealed up and some new parts
Image

Motor ready to go back in.
Image

New Trans mount
Image

Image

Image

Here is the nasty trans the motor was worse.

Image
drewbee88
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:18 pm
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by drewbee88 »

Lookin good senor! Your gonna love having a 5spd. I'm ordering tubing for roll cage and beams this week plan to start around the 15th
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by Rmc »

What trans did u go with? Tremec 5 speed? How hard was the swap? Where did u get the clutch petal assy? Is there a knock out for both the shifter hole and the clutch petal? Is it a hydraulic clutch cable? I'm impressed, I've been thinking of this swap for a while due to no upgrades for the e40d. Do tell brother :)
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by Rmc »

I saw previous on clutch petal assy sry.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

Rmc wrote:What trans did u go with? Tremec 5 speed? How hard was the swap? Where did u get the clutch petal assy? Is there a knock out for both the shifter hole and the clutch petal? Is it a hydraulic clutch cable? I'm impressed, I've been thinking of this swap for a while due to no upgrades for the e40d. Do tell brother :)
It's just a M50D-R2. It's all a bolt in swap, stupid easy. Pedals I pulled full the Junk yard. The floor plate just unbolts and replaced with a manual plate.
drewbee88 wrote:Lookin good senor! Your gonna love having a 5spd. I'm ordering tubing for roll cage and beams this week plan to start around the 15th
Right on man. I will have to cruise up and check it out or give you a hand. I am off for 2 weeks around that time.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by Rmc »

Will the computer get pissed off or does it care? Are the plugs the same?
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

It had a C6 in it, so I didn't have computer issues. For the E4OD I am pretty sure you need the Manual trans computer.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

thought I would post some updates. I have been driving it for awhile now. She is doing good. Still need a few things but all in all it's good. It got a little wider up front (2 inches per side). Just got done polishing the wheels and skid plate. I was bored and the wheels have been driving me crazy.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

Image
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by Rmc »

As always looks great!
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Nice!
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by yikes »

Love the plus two. Perfect track with those wheels. Looks awesome!
drewbee88
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:18 pm
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by drewbee88 »

Lookin good man! Glad to see you using it!
Post Reply