the other one was perfect, this one I may have to reem out the the lower BJ just a pinch, but I think it will work as is.






I THINK that is a year difference thing - not F-150 to Bronco difference thing.CPT. SPRINGINGTON wrote:Whats the deal with calipers? Ford decided to use a different way to attach them on the bronco than on the F150???
1 set requires a bolt to hold the caliper in place, and the other uses the rubber squeeze pins



What would the dropped pitman arm do? It won't change the fore and aft location of the inner pivot for the driver side tie rod. Are the tie rods bent?CPT. SPRINGINGTON wrote:so here's my problem with the steering,
basically this driver side tie rod can't swing back far enough to bolt up, it binds at the joint in the center. So do I just buy a drop pitman arm or is there another trick?
SteveG wrote:What would the dropped pitman arm do? It won't change the fore and aft location of the inner pivot for the driver side tie rod. Are the tie rods bent?CPT. SPRINGINGTON wrote:so here's my problem with the steering,
basically this driver side tie rod can't swing back far enough to bolt up, it binds at the joint in the center. So do I just buy a drop pitman arm or is there another trick?
Ha! This isn't a geometry issue, though. if the tie rods fit before, they should still fit now. Unless the front end was WAY too much lift.Rmc wrote:SteveG wrote:What would the dropped pitman arm do? It won't change the fore and aft location of the inner pivot for the driver side tie rod. Are the tie rods bent?CPT. SPRINGINGTON wrote:so here's my problem with the steering,
basically this driver side tie rod can't swing back far enough to bolt up, it binds at the joint in the center. So do I just buy a drop pitman arm or is there another trick?
Here we go agian lol I love geometry discussions
Yup any ranger or bronco 2, 1984-92 maybe some of the older exploders idk.CPT. SPRINGINGTON wrote:thank you Jbfab! What year rangers? just anything with a Dana 35 TTB ??
Steve, the tie rods aren't bent, I'll have to try disconnecting the link from the pitman arm and see if a drop arm will work.


Figured it was something like that. Good to know the year though.CPT. SPRINGINGTON wrote:...so It looks like they changed brake caliper styles in '86+


