prerunner bumpers
-
wayfastwhitie
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:36 am
- Bronco Info: 1989 4in lift billie 5100
prerunner bumpers
I searched high and low for a bumper pic thread because I'm gathering ideas for mine but I couldn't find anything. If you guys could post pics of yours here and list the main tubing size and if its bolt on or welded on that would be awesome, thanks gfb!
- FUFIMI
- Posts: 611
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:24 pm
- Bronco Info: 1965 Ford F100 (Señor Mostaza)
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: prerunner bumpers
Check out the build threads. Otter has the same body style bronco like yours and his bumper came out super clean.
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: prerunner bumpers
and my home made one, starting here:
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... 8&start=60
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... 8&start=60
-
wayfastwhitie
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:36 am
- Bronco Info: 1989 4in lift billie 5100
Re: prerunner bumpers
I have been Ruben but I'm sick if looking through hundreds of pages lol, gunit I really like how yours came out.
- FUFIMI
- Posts: 611
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:24 pm
- Bronco Info: 1965 Ford F100 (Señor Mostaza)
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: prerunner bumpers
Haha yea there tons of pages and maybe like 5% of those pages have to do with bumpers.
-
Jbfab
- Posts: 251
- Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:30 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 centurion bronco 5.8/zf many mods more all the time.
Re: prerunner bumpers
Heres my homemade, 2" main 1.25" rest.


-
wayfastwhitie
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:36 am
- Bronco Info: 1989 4in lift billie 5100
Re: prerunner bumpers
Nice I like it!
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: prerunner bumpers


1 3/4 tubing. Welded on because it's cheaper than buying bolts
- denhabr
- Posts: 136
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:56 pm
- Bronco Info: '96 XL 5.0L/E4OD "Autofab" Preunnner/Chase Truck by Utah's Ojive Industries & dp custom fab
- Location: Sandy, Utah, USA
- Contact:
Re: prerunner bumpers
Check out my Utah Broncospeed build from December 2009+...here: http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=239
Bottom of Page 2 and most of Page 3 of the thread shows a lot of pics of my prerunner bumper builds.
Here is what it looks like today...
Bottom of Page 2 and most of Page 3 of the thread shows a lot of pics of my prerunner bumper builds.
Here is what it looks like today...
- Attachments
-
- Rear bumper and tire carrier, powder coated in Silver Vein.
- Bumper Powdercoating Results July 2010 (10).JPG (194.7 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
-
- Front bumper with 4 Hellas (2x500s, 2x4000s), powder coated in Silver Vein,
- Bumper Powdercoating Results July 2010 (7).JPG (216.16 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
__________________
Brad
Sandy (SLC), Utah
'96 XL 5.0L/E4OD Preunnner/Chase Truck by Ojive Industries (HoleShotOffroad) & dp custom fab
Autofab Mastercraft RaceRunner Bassani Magnaflow Hella Generals Yukon EatonTT AACS PATC FRPP Accel
Brad
Sandy (SLC), Utah
'96 XL 5.0L/E4OD Preunnner/Chase Truck by Ojive Industries (HoleShotOffroad) & dp custom fab
Autofab Mastercraft RaceRunner Bassani Magnaflow Hella Generals Yukon EatonTT AACS PATC FRPP Accel
- denhabr
- Posts: 136
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:56 pm
- Bronco Info: '96 XL 5.0L/E4OD "Autofab" Preunnner/Chase Truck by Utah's Ojive Industries & dp custom fab
- Location: Sandy, Utah, USA
- Contact:
Re: prerunner bumpers
Hey Steve! Yes, true....it has been a long time. Lurking and reading other folks' postings...planning my next mod.SteveG wrote:Hey Brad, Long time no see!
I have the Bronco all packed away for the winter up here. I don't need any further rust kicking off. That, and I've been real busy with work. Commuting to Illinois every week. Bleh. But it pays the bills for sure.
Take care and Happy New Year to all here at GFB!
__________________
Brad
Sandy (SLC), Utah
'96 XL 5.0L/E4OD Preunnner/Chase Truck by Ojive Industries (HoleShotOffroad) & dp custom fab
Autofab Mastercraft RaceRunner Bassani Magnaflow Hella Generals Yukon EatonTT AACS PATC FRPP Accel
Brad
Sandy (SLC), Utah
'96 XL 5.0L/E4OD Preunnner/Chase Truck by Ojive Industries (HoleShotOffroad) & dp custom fab
Autofab Mastercraft RaceRunner Bassani Magnaflow Hella Generals Yukon EatonTT AACS PATC FRPP Accel
-
kylesgorter
- Posts: 217
- Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:50 am
- Bronco Info: 92 Fullsize EB. 357w, midtravel front, custome rear packs, bilstein shocks, fox air bumps
Re: prerunner bumpers
I like bolt-on bumpers a lot. It's more work and more money to do it right but it can pay off. I've personally seen several fully boxed hardcore bumpers fail at pismo as a result of "lawn darting" and usually it ends up being a mangled main tube, crushed skid and tweaked framehorns that are now all boxed and welded to a bunch of trash material. Bend up a bolt-on and you can replace much easier. A smart fabricator can also design a bumper that can absorb some impact and crush in the event of a crash. Bumpers by comparison are much cheaper and easier to replace than other components. One final advantage I like with removable bumpers is for d engine removal. I've got it down after a.couple bronco motor swaps how to remove the.entire core support and clip, hood, and having a bumper to take off helps so you can easily pull the engine without having to lift it sky high. In this way I've stabbed entire drivetrains from one truck to another in almost an afternoon running to running
-
wayfastwhitie
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:36 am
- Bronco Info: 1989 4in lift billie 5100
Re: prerunner bumpers
All look great and good ideas, I'm getting a killer deal plus its my ddi so we'll see what happens. I also don't want to spend a bunch of money on bumpers seeing as its not a race truck and I'll be cruising it most of the time.
-
Jbfab
- Posts: 251
- Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:30 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 centurion bronco 5.8/zf many mods more all the time.
Re: prerunner bumpers
I made mine so all you have to do is remove two bolts and it folds down out of the way. Makes engine swaps and such cake. Also didnt spend big money on dom, used raw tubing since it is a bumper and it is sacrafical.
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: prerunner bumpers
Really like your work Brian, always very clean and functional.yikes wrote:



