Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Good question. I don't know, I guess I have always liked the construction. Mufflers kinda take a beating in an off road truck. For instance look at Toms muffler on his F250, he just mentioned he blew it out and it was only a few years old. I don't know how old the muffler was on my bronco, but it was in three pieces when it came out. The Spintech is just beefy and it's not really any different price wise.
Mike
Mike
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
I was gonna say "Because my big ass can stand on it and it won't even dent" hahaonly1mikey wrote:Good question. I don't know, I guess I have always liked the construction. Mufflers kinda take a beating in an off road truck. For instance look at Toms muffler on his F250, he just mentioned he blew it out and it was only a few years old. I don't know how old the muffler was on my bronco, but it was in three pieces when it came out. The Spintech is just beefy and it's not really any different price wise.
Mike
We blew a brand new Magnaflow into pieces in the ProTruck in one or two races....... Sounded so bad they thought they lost something in the trans.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
-
greaslife
- Posts: 1128
- Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
- Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
- Location: inland impire
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
I was just wondering. I have read a lot about them just haven't herd one yet ( that I know of ) what's it sound like "deep , throaty, raspy ?" I need too replace mine and haven't decided what too run
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
I don't know what's it's going to sounds like on a V8. I've had one of both of my old rangers and they sounded better then anything I heard prior, cept for a dual exhaust with a x pipe on a race truck that was running the same series I was. That sounded good! Yeah I will have to get back to you on how it sounds, maybe I'll get a sound clip once the exhaust is all done!
Updates for last night, all the front lights are back on and wired. I ended up trading a hella 4K euro lens for another cornering beam lens, so now I have a cornering beam on both sides and two euros in the middle converted to HID. One day I'll convert the cornering beams, since I have the ballasts and bulbs.
Old exhaust is 100% out, headers are out, if anyone wants them you are welcome to them, they leak like a mofo and have been cracked and flux-core welded up a few times from what I can see, but they work.
Also the Y pipe stuff that connects to the headers looks to be all aftermarket and kind of hack, going to take a little more work to clean it up then I originally planned. Nothing a DA sander, dremel bit, and some paint cant fix though. Have to wait for the rest of the exhaust stuff to arrive before I can do much more.
Pick-your-part this Saturday. Let's see what kind of goodies I can come up with!
Mike
Updates for last night, all the front lights are back on and wired. I ended up trading a hella 4K euro lens for another cornering beam lens, so now I have a cornering beam on both sides and two euros in the middle converted to HID. One day I'll convert the cornering beams, since I have the ballasts and bulbs.
Old exhaust is 100% out, headers are out, if anyone wants them you are welcome to them, they leak like a mofo and have been cracked and flux-core welded up a few times from what I can see, but they work.
Also the Y pipe stuff that connects to the headers looks to be all aftermarket and kind of hack, going to take a little more work to clean it up then I originally planned. Nothing a DA sander, dremel bit, and some paint cant fix though. Have to wait for the rest of the exhaust stuff to arrive before I can do much more.
Pick-your-part this Saturday. Let's see what kind of goodies I can come up with!
Mike
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
***updates***
stock manifolds are back on

I went with stainless socket head screws, per partybarge's recommendation on some random thread I read somewhere.
The headers that were on here are so badly warped, it's not even funny, so manifolds that don't spew copious amounts of exhaust fumes into the truck should be great hahahaha!
I also finished the tire carrier gusseting. I hope this holds up for a while.


Next on the list is finishing up the gas can swinger. I might redo the "basket" I made, I am not too happy with it.
Mike
stock manifolds are back on

I went with stainless socket head screws, per partybarge's recommendation on some random thread I read somewhere.
The headers that were on here are so badly warped, it's not even funny, so manifolds that don't spew copious amounts of exhaust fumes into the truck should be great hahahaha!
I also finished the tire carrier gusseting. I hope this holds up for a while.


Next on the list is finishing up the gas can swinger. I might redo the "basket" I made, I am not too happy with it.
Mike
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
This just in:

Mike

Mike
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
doesn't appear to be in yet - looks like it's still sitting on the bench 
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Funny guy, just in as from the FedEx guy. Still waiting for my reverse manual valve from Broader.
Mike
Mike
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
you get it from JBG or where? When i was lookin JBG's prices blew everyone else away - even Culhane if he gave me his price.
And on a side note for anyone else reading - the reverse & forward shifters/gates are the same - just the stickers for the gates are different. So save the $10-15 when you order a reverse & just get a standard & change up the sticker.
And on a side note for anyone else reading - the reverse & forward shifters/gates are the same - just the stickers for the gates are different. So save the $10-15 when you order a reverse & just get a standard & change up the sticker.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Why would you put stickers on? It's fun to watch Valets try and drive something with a gate shifter.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
I just bought one from JBG and it was 230$ shipped. They called yesterday and said it was back ordered so now I get to wait.....ChaseTruck754 wrote:you get it from JBG or where? When i was lookin JBG's prices blew everyone else away - even Culhane if he gave me his price.
And on a side note for anyone else reading - the reverse & forward shifters/gates are the same - just the stickers for the gates are different. So save the $10-15 when you order a reverse & just get a standard & change up the sticker.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
hahaha Philo - I love watching valets look like fools. Even with stickers on they are clueless.
And CR - sorry about that - I'm the one that told the wife to order from there. I swear mine was drop shipped from Art Carr. Maybe they are the one that is out of stock? Not sure how but who knows. My thought is if JBG has a wait on um , nobody who drop ships um will have them. You'd have to find someone who has them in stock, on the shelf which is harder than it sounds.
And CR - sorry about that - I'm the one that told the wife to order from there. I swear mine was drop shipped from Art Carr. Maybe they are the one that is out of stock? Not sure how but who knows. My thought is if JBG has a wait on um , nobody who drop ships um will have them. You'd have to find someone who has them in stock, on the shelf which is harder than it sounds.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
I got mine about thirty bucks cheaper 
More goodies in today!
Thank you Best Muffler Shop!


Awesome pricing!
Mike
More goodies in today!
Thank you Best Muffler Shop!


Awesome pricing!
Mike
- economig
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:15 am
- Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
- Location: SW Riverside County
Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Kickin a$$ on this thing again! Stoked
T H R E A T Motorsports
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Just had to get acclimated in the new place. It took a lot longer then I anticipated it would.
Mike
Mike
- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
With a ball drive allen it makes life so easy! I never used stainless though....... Not sure how they will hold torque when heated. You'll be the first to know though. With a manifold I'm not sure it would be an issue either way.............only1mikey wrote:I went with stainless socket head screws, per partybarge's recommendation on some random thread I read somewhere.
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
I have stainless bolts on my headers. No issue.
Use lots of anti sieze.
Use lots of anti sieze.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Repeating for emphasis!philofab wrote:Use lots of anti sieze.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Remember that jerry can swing away I was working on?
Pulled it out of the rafters to start working on it again.
I should have it all buttoned up tonight.


The rest of the exhaust stuff should arrive on Friday.
Mike
Pulled it out of the rafters to start working on it again.
I should have it all buttoned up tonight.


The rest of the exhaust stuff should arrive on Friday.
Mike
-
sdecurti
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:20 am
- Bronco Info: I currently do not own a bronco, but have friends that do and have admired them for a long time.....
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
lookn good mikey, thrown down some dimes....
Last edited by sdecurti on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
