Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Good question. I don't know, I guess I have always liked the construction. Mufflers kinda take a beating in an off road truck. For instance look at Toms muffler on his F250, he just mentioned he blew it out and it was only a few years old. I don't know how old the muffler was on my bronco, but it was in three pieces when it came out. The Spintech is just beefy and it's not really any different price wise.

Mike
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by Silverslk »

only1mikey wrote:Good question. I don't know, I guess I have always liked the construction. Mufflers kinda take a beating in an off road truck. For instance look at Toms muffler on his F250, he just mentioned he blew it out and it was only a few years old. I don't know how old the muffler was on my bronco, but it was in three pieces when it came out. The Spintech is just beefy and it's not really any different price wise.

Mike
I was gonna say "Because my big ass can stand on it and it won't even dent" haha

We blew a brand new Magnaflow into pieces in the ProTruck in one or two races....... Sounded so bad they thought they lost something in the trans.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by greaslife »

I was just wondering. I have read a lot about them just haven't herd one yet ( that I know of ) what's it sound like "deep , throaty, raspy ?" I need too replace mine and haven't decided what too run
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

I don't know what's it's going to sounds like on a V8. I've had one of both of my old rangers and they sounded better then anything I heard prior, cept for a dual exhaust with a x pipe on a race truck that was running the same series I was. That sounded good! Yeah I will have to get back to you on how it sounds, maybe I'll get a sound clip once the exhaust is all done!

Updates for last night, all the front lights are back on and wired. I ended up trading a hella 4K euro lens for another cornering beam lens, so now I have a cornering beam on both sides and two euros in the middle converted to HID. One day I'll convert the cornering beams, since I have the ballasts and bulbs.

Old exhaust is 100% out, headers are out, if anyone wants them you are welcome to them, they leak like a mofo and have been cracked and flux-core welded up a few times from what I can see, but they work.

Also the Y pipe stuff that connects to the headers looks to be all aftermarket and kind of hack, going to take a little more work to clean it up then I originally planned. Nothing a DA sander, dremel bit, and some paint cant fix though. Have to wait for the rest of the exhaust stuff to arrive before I can do much more.

Pick-your-part this Saturday. Let's see what kind of goodies I can come up with!

Mike
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

***updates***

stock manifolds are back on
Image

I went with stainless socket head screws, per partybarge's recommendation on some random thread I read somewhere.

The headers that were on here are so badly warped, it's not even funny, so manifolds that don't spew copious amounts of exhaust fumes into the truck should be great hahahaha!

I also finished the tire carrier gusseting. I hope this holds up for a while.

Image

Image

Next on the list is finishing up the gas can swinger. I might redo the "basket" I made, I am not too happy with it.

Mike
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

This just in:

Image

Mike
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

doesn't appear to be in yet - looks like it's still sitting on the bench ;)
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Funny guy, just in as from the FedEx guy. Still waiting for my reverse manual valve from Broader.

Mike
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

you get it from JBG or where? When i was lookin JBG's prices blew everyone else away - even Culhane if he gave me his price.

And on a side note for anyone else reading - the reverse & forward shifters/gates are the same - just the stickers for the gates are different. So save the $10-15 when you order a reverse & just get a standard & change up the sticker.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by philofab »

Why would you put stickers on? It's fun to watch Valets try and drive something with a gate shifter.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
cuz_im_CR
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:25 pm
Bronco Info: 96 xlt stock

Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by cuz_im_CR »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:you get it from JBG or where? When i was lookin JBG's prices blew everyone else away - even Culhane if he gave me his price.

And on a side note for anyone else reading - the reverse & forward shifters/gates are the same - just the stickers for the gates are different. So save the $10-15 when you order a reverse & just get a standard & change up the sticker.
I just bought one from JBG and it was 230$ shipped. They called yesterday and said it was back ordered so now I get to wait.....
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

hahaha Philo - I love watching valets look like fools. Even with stickers on they are clueless.

And CR - sorry about that - I'm the one that told the wife to order from there. I swear mine was drop shipped from Art Carr. Maybe they are the one that is out of stock? Not sure how but who knows. My thought is if JBG has a wait on um , nobody who drop ships um will have them. You'd have to find someone who has them in stock, on the shelf which is harder than it sounds.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

I got mine about thirty bucks cheaper ;)

More goodies in today!

Thank you Best Muffler Shop!

Image

Image

Awesome pricing!

Mike
User avatar
economig
Posts: 1101
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:15 am
Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
Location: SW Riverside County

Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by economig »

Kickin a$$ on this thing again! Stoked
T H R E A T Motorsports
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Just had to get acclimated in the new place. It took a lot longer then I anticipated it would.

Mike
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BDKW1 »

only1mikey wrote:I went with stainless socket head screws, per partybarge's recommendation on some random thread I read somewhere.
With a ball drive allen it makes life so easy! I never used stainless though....... Not sure how they will hold torque when heated. You'll be the first to know though. With a manifold I'm not sure it would be an issue either way.............
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by philofab »

I have stainless bolts on my headers. No issue.

Use lots of anti sieze.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

philofab wrote:Use lots of anti sieze.
Repeating for emphasis!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Remember that jerry can swing away I was working on?

Pulled it out of the rafters to start working on it again.

I should have it all buttoned up tonight.

Image

Image

The rest of the exhaust stuff should arrive on Friday.

Mike
sdecurti
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:20 am
Bronco Info: I currently do not own a bronco, but have friends that do and have admired them for a long time.....

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by sdecurti »

lookn good mikey, thrown down some dimes....
Last edited by sdecurti on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply