Day job

User avatar
Wood
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:30 am
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Day job

Post by Wood »

Athletic Trainer. I save lives.
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (91.67 KiB) Viewed 2443 times
Drilim
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:28 pm
Bronco Info: 94
Location: Jupiter, Fl

Re: Day job

Post by Drilim »

I started doing electrical layout and design on custom sportfish boats when i got out of high school. Worked as an "apprentice" under one of the best @http://www.tributeboats.com

But as the economy has slowed down, so has the line of people waiting to have a 2 year custom boat built. Now, I'm doing service work, and working for a small 3 guy Marine Electronics company. Its slowly getting busier, but nothing like it was a few years ago.
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: Day job

Post by yikes »

Is that Andy Grider?

Image
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Day job

Post by Nick »

yikes wrote:Is that Andy Grider?

Image
Hhmm...
Image
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
poolman
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco,Body off reconstruction. Auto Fab suspension,mix of 84-96 parts.
Location: Yuma, Az 85365
Contact:

Re: Day job

Post by poolman »

I own a swimming pool service and repair company. I also do landscape and property management
84 Bronco 351W,C-6,9 Inch,Work in process
83 Bronco 302,C-6,8.8, beater for parts
94 Bronco roller for parts
91 F150 4x4for parts
96 Bronco for parts
84 Bronco for 351W
User avatar
Rednek Renegade
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:53 pm
Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco Xlt 5.8L 4V H.O. C6, NP2o8
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, So.Cal
Contact:

Re: Day job

Post by Rednek Renegade »

I work at my Family's business, I am a dismantler by title but really just a junkyard dog!
Project el cheap-o
User avatar
DirtyMexican
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: El Centro, California

Re: Day job

Post by DirtyMexican »

I own a small window tinting business called American Window Tinting. I really like to stick the commercial and residential side of the business but its easy to say that automotive is my bread and butter.

If you guys ever need some tips of what type of high performance film to look for; high heat rejection, uv ray protection, etc. feel free to ask!
towerace1
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:40 pm

Re: Day job

Post by towerace1 »

Im part owner of Alliance Tower Services, we build and repair cell towers as well as install new cell equipment on the towers.
Devin
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:02 pm
Location: Hiding in the woods of Oregon

Re: Day job

Post by Devin »

I'm a parts guy at an International truck dealership. Also have a side job doing carpentry, stonescaping and fish ponds.
Strong, light, cheap. Pick two
User avatar
Jasonj105
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 am
Bronco Info: 1989 Bronco, 5.8, C6
Location: El Centro, CA

Re: Day job

Post by Jasonj105 »

Federal Law Enforcement... That is all.
We Might As Well Give Up And Run, If We Let Them Take Our God And Guns
User avatar
ntsqd
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 pm
Bronco Info: '70 Early Bronco SuperCab Shortbed Pick-up "Bronc-up" aka "Frank(entruck)", '96 OJB "Blanc-Oh!"
Location: upper SoCA

Re: Day job

Post by ntsqd »

Prototype Engineer.
Work: http://www.ecomotors.com/
Nick wrote:I'm a heavy equipment operator I.U.O.E local 12.
Cam, Father of the "Chainlink" crawler is also a union Operator.
Image
flyinbronco wrote:I'm a superintendent for a highway safety specialty contractor. We install guard rail, bridge railings, concrete barrier walls both formed and extruded, overhead sign structures, crash cushions and that sort of stuff.

I'm the guy with the coolest boss ever. He gave me a new Raptor for my new work truck. Man I love that guy.
So are you the guy in the white one that I occasionally see in the afternoons going North on the 101 btwn Ventura & Carp.?
Cross-threaded is tighter than Lock-Tite.
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Day job

Post by Nick »

ntsqd wrote:Prototype Engineer.
Nick wrote:I'm a heavy equipment operator I.U.O.E local 12.
Cam, Father of the "Chainlink" crawler is also a union Operator.
Image
Cool. And you have to post more pics of that carazy machine!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
ntsqd
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 pm
Bronco Info: '70 Early Bronco SuperCab Shortbed Pick-up "Bronc-up" aka "Frank(entruck)", '96 OJB "Blanc-Oh!"
Location: upper SoCA

Re: Day job

Post by ntsqd »

[hijack]Probably the most famous pic of it:
Image
There is a bunch of posts about it on POoR, they called it the "transformer" until the name that Cam gave it became known. Note the 5.0 SEFI engine? That wasn't an accident.[/hijack]
Cross-threaded is tighter than Lock-Tite.
toddz69
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:52 am

Re: Day job

Post by toddz69 »

tcm glx wrote:What does everyone do (day to job)
Manufacturing Engineer for high-reliability communications equipment for satellites/space missions.

Todd Z.
redwagon
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:29 pm

Re: Day job

Post by redwagon »

Collision repair facility Manager....
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Day job

Post by SteveG »

Welcome, Tim!

I'm a service advisor at an independent repair shop.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Broncodawg
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
Location: Bishop, CA

Re: Day job

Post by Broncodawg »

I do traffic safety investigations for Caltrans. Studying areas of high accident concentrations and implementing various signage and striping measures to correct it.
We don't talk about it in these terms, but we try to make the highways safe enough for DUIs to make it home. Nothing we can do about desert racers though! HaHa!
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
damon1272
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Day job

Post by damon1272 »

I work as the Inspection Supervisor for Otay Water District during the day. Nights, weekends, and the occasional day I work at an automotive test facility in the local desert.
User avatar
Wardy
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: Day job

Post by Wardy »

Engineer/Paramedic/Firefighter her in Bullhead City, Az. On the side I'm a motorsport artist and Vender at the off road races selling our apparel. If thats not enough, i try to race as much as I can in our race car.
redwagon
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:29 pm

Re: Day job

Post by redwagon »

SteveG wrote:Welcome, Tim!

I'm a service advisor at an independent repair shop.
Thanks for the welcome Steve...
Post Reply