Day job
Re: Day job
I started doing electrical layout and design on custom sportfish boats when i got out of high school. Worked as an "apprentice" under one of the best @http://www.tributeboats.com
But as the economy has slowed down, so has the line of people waiting to have a 2 year custom boat built. Now, I'm doing service work, and working for a small 3 guy Marine Electronics company. Its slowly getting busier, but nothing like it was a few years ago.
But as the economy has slowed down, so has the line of people waiting to have a 2 year custom boat built. Now, I'm doing service work, and working for a small 3 guy Marine Electronics company. Its slowly getting busier, but nothing like it was a few years ago.
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Day job
Is that Andy Grider?

- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Day job
Hhmm...yikes wrote:Is that Andy Grider?

"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- poolman
- Posts: 179
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:37 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco,Body off reconstruction. Auto Fab suspension,mix of 84-96 parts.
- Location: Yuma, Az 85365
- Contact:
Re: Day job
I own a swimming pool service and repair company. I also do landscape and property management
84 Bronco 351W,C-6,9 Inch,Work in process
83 Bronco 302,C-6,8.8, beater for parts
94 Bronco roller for parts
91 F150 4x4for parts
96 Bronco for parts
84 Bronco for 351W
83 Bronco 302,C-6,8.8, beater for parts
94 Bronco roller for parts
91 F150 4x4for parts
96 Bronco for parts
84 Bronco for 351W
- Rednek Renegade
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco Xlt 5.8L 4V H.O. C6, NP2o8
- Location: Rancho Cucamonga, So.Cal
- Contact:
Re: Day job
I work at my Family's business, I am a dismantler by title but really just a junkyard dog!
Project el cheap-o
- DirtyMexican
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:12 pm
- Location: El Centro, California
Re: Day job
I own a small window tinting business called American Window Tinting. I really like to stick the commercial and residential side of the business but its easy to say that automotive is my bread and butter.
If you guys ever need some tips of what type of high performance film to look for; high heat rejection, uv ray protection, etc. feel free to ask!
If you guys ever need some tips of what type of high performance film to look for; high heat rejection, uv ray protection, etc. feel free to ask!
Re: Day job
Im part owner of Alliance Tower Services, we build and repair cell towers as well as install new cell equipment on the towers.
Re: Day job
I'm a parts guy at an International truck dealership. Also have a side job doing carpentry, stonescaping and fish ponds.
Strong, light, cheap. Pick two
- Jasonj105
- Posts: 134
- Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 am
- Bronco Info: 1989 Bronco, 5.8, C6
- Location: El Centro, CA
Re: Day job
Federal Law Enforcement... That is all.
We Might As Well Give Up And Run, If We Let Them Take Our God And Guns
- ntsqd
- Posts: 389
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 pm
- Bronco Info: '70 Early Bronco SuperCab Shortbed Pick-up "Bronc-up" aka "Frank(entruck)", '96 OJB "Blanc-Oh!"
- Location: upper SoCA
Re: Day job
Prototype Engineer.
Work: http://www.ecomotors.com/

Work: http://www.ecomotors.com/
Cam, Father of the "Chainlink" crawler is also a union Operator.Nick wrote:I'm a heavy equipment operator I.U.O.E local 12.

So are you the guy in the white one that I occasionally see in the afternoons going North on the 101 btwn Ventura & Carp.?flyinbronco wrote:I'm a superintendent for a highway safety specialty contractor. We install guard rail, bridge railings, concrete barrier walls both formed and extruded, overhead sign structures, crash cushions and that sort of stuff.
I'm the guy with the coolest boss ever. He gave me a new Raptor for my new work truck. Man I love that guy.
Cross-threaded is tighter than Lock-Tite.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Day job
Cool. And you have to post more pics of that carazy machine!ntsqd wrote:Prototype Engineer.
Cam, Father of the "Chainlink" crawler is also a union Operator.Nick wrote:I'm a heavy equipment operator I.U.O.E local 12.
![]()
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- ntsqd
- Posts: 389
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 pm
- Bronco Info: '70 Early Bronco SuperCab Shortbed Pick-up "Bronc-up" aka "Frank(entruck)", '96 OJB "Blanc-Oh!"
- Location: upper SoCA
Re: Day job
[hijack]Probably the most famous pic of it:

There is a bunch of posts about it on POoR, they called it the "transformer" until the name that Cam gave it became known. Note the 5.0 SEFI engine? That wasn't an accident.[/hijack]

There is a bunch of posts about it on POoR, they called it the "transformer" until the name that Cam gave it became known. Note the 5.0 SEFI engine? That wasn't an accident.[/hijack]
Cross-threaded is tighter than Lock-Tite.
Re: Day job
Manufacturing Engineer for high-reliability communications equipment for satellites/space missions.tcm glx wrote:What does everyone do (day to job)
Todd Z.
Re: Day job
Collision repair facility Manager....
-
Broncodawg
- Posts: 711
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
- Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
- Location: Bishop, CA
Re: Day job
I do traffic safety investigations for Caltrans. Studying areas of high accident concentrations and implementing various signage and striping measures to correct it.
We don't talk about it in these terms, but we try to make the highways safe enough for DUIs to make it home. Nothing we can do about desert racers though! HaHa!
We don't talk about it in these terms, but we try to make the highways safe enough for DUIs to make it home. Nothing we can do about desert racers though! HaHa!
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
Re: Day job
I work as the Inspection Supervisor for Otay Water District during the day. Nights, weekends, and the occasional day I work at an automotive test facility in the local desert.
Re: Day job
Engineer/Paramedic/Firefighter her in Bullhead City, Az. On the side I'm a motorsport artist and Vender at the off road races selling our apparel. If thats not enough, i try to race as much as I can in our race car.
Re: Day job
Thanks for the welcome Steve...SteveG wrote:Welcome, Tim!
I'm a service advisor at an independent repair shop.
