Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaF250 »

Mike! I love the transformation that's happening here! Nice work and a great approach... thanks for sharing with us all. Can't wait to see it out in Barstow on the 21st.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

only1mikey wrote:2" wider per side. And philo I probably could have gotten away with stock width if I would have been able to mount the coilovers either in front of the master cylinder or below it. Oh well it is what it is. And to be honest the little extra track width isn't even noticeable to the untrained eye. To most people OWL looks like a rusty lifted bronco.

Mike
I'll spare you on what I think it looks like :lol:





























Honestly though - it's looking good! looks like you got some work done after we talked on Friday!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

I got a few things done this weekend but I went to LA for the kings game on Saturday and the rain on Sunday really killed my progress. I have a birthday thing tonight but after that *IT'S* on again!

Mike
Last edited by only1mikey on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

only1mikey wrote:but after that isn't on again!
This autocorrect error makes you sound more like me than you! You actually get stuff done. I sit here & think but take no action :lol:
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Fixed it for ya Steve!

Mike
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

I promise I'll post pics guys, tone of progress I have been working till 1am or later every night this weekend and frankly after cleaning up I am just too damn tired to snap pics.

Quick one. I have a 9" third member detroit locker 31 spline 4.88's, anyone looking to upgrade from 4.56's to 4.88's? I don't think I am going to dig the 4.88's from Simi to Laughlin with no overdrive lol!

Mike
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by philofab »

only1mikey wrote:I have a 9" third member detroit locker 31 spline 4.88's, anyone looking to upgrade from 4.56's to 4.88's? I don't think I am going to dig the 4.88's from Simi to Laughlin with no overdrive lol!

Mike
Bigger tires!
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

I was thinking some 39" tall pizza cutters for highway driving but that doesn't seem practical :roll:

Mike
User avatar
lugobean
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:54 pm
Bronco Info: stocker 94 xlt with 351w and e40d. nothin special... yet!
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by lugobean »

Mike you're in simi? We have a problem my friend! Ive never seen your bronco around!
Chris Lugo
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

That's because I don't daily drive it. It's pretty much a toy.

Mike
User avatar
lugobean
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:54 pm
Bronco Info: stocker 94 xlt with 351w and e40d. nothin special... yet!
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by lugobean »

Ive seen most of the toys around here
Chris Lugo
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Sorry for the failing of the picture taking, My phone started taking real blurry pictures, even after I cleaned the lens real good.

Anyways here is how she is sitting as of 1:45am last night:
Image

Some single swing steering pictures:
Image

Image

Image

Better late then never, I had to remove my spring hanger due to some ovaled holes and I decided to take this opportunity to throw some gussets on the B pillar tie in and snap some pictures for Tony.

B pillar:
Image

A pillar:
Image

Could be any more simple right?

So axles are extended (forgot to take pictures but they came out great very very happy with them! Front end is all put back together, I threw my pumpkin back in (which it is 3.73's not 3.50's) and front end is all buttoned up minus final alignment, front limit straps, and resi mounts, all of which I can't do till my front shocks are back from Bilstein (Thanks again Joel for your awesome service!).

Rear, springs have been re-arched and added to by Deaver, I now have 10" of up travel with a single spare, two totes, and the back seat in it. With a few hundred more pounds it should sit perfect! So excited!

I still have a laundry list of stuff to accomplish and I hope to finish it all but at the same time try and get more then 5 hours of sleep every night this week becuase it has really taken a tole on me.

Anyways enjoy fellas!

Mike
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Looking good Mikey!

I'm only doing 5 hour sleep nights twice a week and it's kickin my butt! Getting old sucks!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Steve no joke I though it was gonna start crying last night (I know I am a sissy whatever). I was like "ok if I just get this thing on all fours I won't be stressing all week about it" but at 1am trying to get the u bolts back on (which are always an inch or so too wide at the top to fit into the top spring plate) and I lost it a few times, threw some shit yelled real loud, you know stupid shit you do when you are frustrated, tired, angry, lol.

Yeah my eyes are bloodshot here at work and I can't wait to be in bed my 11am tonight, it's gonna be soooooo gooooood!

Mike
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

hahaha - you sound like me. I threw a tantrum like a 2 yr. old in my shop last week at about 2 AM when my body/mind just stopped helping me get what I really wanted to get done... Yelling, throwing things & cussing makes me feel better (although just slightly) at times, but never really actually helps anything.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by tcm glx »

Thanks for the pictures!! The mounts look great! Now with the pontoon, I'm gonna have to do the opposite with the bushing mounted at the frame

What's with the front shocks going out to Joel? Clean up or new valving?
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:hahaha - you sound like me. I threw a tantrum like a 2 yr. old in my shop last week at about 2 AM when my body/mind just stopped helping me get what I really wanted to get done... Yelling, throwing things & cussing makes me feel better (although just slightly) at times, but never really actually helps anything.
Yeah I really did it just to get my blood flowing, wake myself up a bit, becuase even then caffeine was no longer working.
tcm glx wrote:What's with the front shocks going out to Joel? Clean up or new valving?
Good question. The shocks are going out becuase the old resi hose lenght wouldn't work anymore, and one side some N2 got past the dividing piston in the resi's so Joel wanted to take a look at them.

Mike
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by AussieRod »

Happy Birthday, Mike! :D
323bronco
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:46 pm
Bronco Info: 1989 BRONCO TTB with 96 front clip

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by 323bronco »

Happy birthday, have a good one.
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

How do you know I am getting older. Are you guys stalking me? More work done last night, Rad arms have strike plates for the bumps, rear shocks are all clearanced, one side was just kissing the frame at droop so I took care of that.

Couple more long nights ahead of me but it should be all worth it. Props again to Joel @ Bilstein, even though he's out of town he's still answering my stupid question and putting up with my BS. Thanks dude!

Mike
Post Reply