Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
- BajaF250
- Posts: 2430
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
- Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Contact:
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Mike! I love the transformation that's happening here! Nice work and a great approach... thanks for sharing with us all. Can't wait to see it out in Barstow on the 21st.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
I'll spare you on what I think it looks likeonly1mikey wrote:2" wider per side. And philo I probably could have gotten away with stock width if I would have been able to mount the coilovers either in front of the master cylinder or below it. Oh well it is what it is. And to be honest the little extra track width isn't even noticeable to the untrained eye. To most people OWL looks like a rusty lifted bronco.
Mike
Honestly though - it's looking good! looks like you got some work done after we talked on Friday!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
I got a few things done this weekend but I went to LA for the kings game on Saturday and the rain on Sunday really killed my progress. I have a birthday thing tonight but after that *IT'S* on again!
Mike
Mike
Last edited by only1mikey on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
This autocorrect error makes you sound more like me than you! You actually get stuff done. I sit here & think but take no actiononly1mikey wrote:but after that isn't on again!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Fixed it for ya Steve!
Mike
Mike
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
I promise I'll post pics guys, tone of progress I have been working till 1am or later every night this weekend and frankly after cleaning up I am just too damn tired to snap pics.
Quick one. I have a 9" third member detroit locker 31 spline 4.88's, anyone looking to upgrade from 4.56's to 4.88's? I don't think I am going to dig the 4.88's from Simi to Laughlin with no overdrive lol!
Mike
Quick one. I have a 9" third member detroit locker 31 spline 4.88's, anyone looking to upgrade from 4.56's to 4.88's? I don't think I am going to dig the 4.88's from Simi to Laughlin with no overdrive lol!
Mike
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Bigger tires!only1mikey wrote:I have a 9" third member detroit locker 31 spline 4.88's, anyone looking to upgrade from 4.56's to 4.88's? I don't think I am going to dig the 4.88's from Simi to Laughlin with no overdrive lol!
Mike
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
I was thinking some 39" tall pizza cutters for highway driving but that doesn't seem practical 
Mike
Mike
- lugobean
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:54 pm
- Bronco Info: stocker 94 xlt with 351w and e40d. nothin special... yet!
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Mike you're in simi? We have a problem my friend! Ive never seen your bronco around!
Chris Lugo
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
That's because I don't daily drive it. It's pretty much a toy.
Mike
Mike
- lugobean
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:54 pm
- Bronco Info: stocker 94 xlt with 351w and e40d. nothin special... yet!
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Ive seen most of the toys around here
Chris Lugo
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Sorry for the failing of the picture taking, My phone started taking real blurry pictures, even after I cleaned the lens real good.
Anyways here is how she is sitting as of 1:45am last night:

Some single swing steering pictures:



Better late then never, I had to remove my spring hanger due to some ovaled holes and I decided to take this opportunity to throw some gussets on the B pillar tie in and snap some pictures for Tony.
B pillar:

A pillar:

Could be any more simple right?
So axles are extended (forgot to take pictures but they came out great very very happy with them! Front end is all put back together, I threw my pumpkin back in (which it is 3.73's not 3.50's) and front end is all buttoned up minus final alignment, front limit straps, and resi mounts, all of which I can't do till my front shocks are back from Bilstein (Thanks again Joel for your awesome service!).
Rear, springs have been re-arched and added to by Deaver, I now have 10" of up travel with a single spare, two totes, and the back seat in it. With a few hundred more pounds it should sit perfect! So excited!
I still have a laundry list of stuff to accomplish and I hope to finish it all but at the same time try and get more then 5 hours of sleep every night this week becuase it has really taken a tole on me.
Anyways enjoy fellas!
Mike
Anyways here is how she is sitting as of 1:45am last night:

Some single swing steering pictures:



Better late then never, I had to remove my spring hanger due to some ovaled holes and I decided to take this opportunity to throw some gussets on the B pillar tie in and snap some pictures for Tony.
B pillar:

A pillar:

Could be any more simple right?
So axles are extended (forgot to take pictures but they came out great very very happy with them! Front end is all put back together, I threw my pumpkin back in (which it is 3.73's not 3.50's) and front end is all buttoned up minus final alignment, front limit straps, and resi mounts, all of which I can't do till my front shocks are back from Bilstein (Thanks again Joel for your awesome service!).
Rear, springs have been re-arched and added to by Deaver, I now have 10" of up travel with a single spare, two totes, and the back seat in it. With a few hundred more pounds it should sit perfect! So excited!
I still have a laundry list of stuff to accomplish and I hope to finish it all but at the same time try and get more then 5 hours of sleep every night this week becuase it has really taken a tole on me.
Anyways enjoy fellas!
Mike
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Looking good Mikey!
I'm only doing 5 hour sleep nights twice a week and it's kickin my butt! Getting old sucks!
I'm only doing 5 hour sleep nights twice a week and it's kickin my butt! Getting old sucks!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Steve no joke I though it was gonna start crying last night (I know I am a sissy whatever). I was like "ok if I just get this thing on all fours I won't be stressing all week about it" but at 1am trying to get the u bolts back on (which are always an inch or so too wide at the top to fit into the top spring plate) and I lost it a few times, threw some shit yelled real loud, you know stupid shit you do when you are frustrated, tired, angry, lol.
Yeah my eyes are bloodshot here at work and I can't wait to be in bed my 11am tonight, it's gonna be soooooo gooooood!
Mike
Yeah my eyes are bloodshot here at work and I can't wait to be in bed my 11am tonight, it's gonna be soooooo gooooood!
Mike
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
hahaha - you sound like me. I threw a tantrum like a 2 yr. old in my shop last week at about 2 AM when my body/mind just stopped helping me get what I really wanted to get done... Yelling, throwing things & cussing makes me feel better (although just slightly) at times, but never really actually helps anything.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Thanks for the pictures!! The mounts look great! Now with the pontoon, I'm gonna have to do the opposite with the bushing mounted at the frame
What's with the front shocks going out to Joel? Clean up or new valving?
What's with the front shocks going out to Joel? Clean up or new valving?
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Yeah I really did it just to get my blood flowing, wake myself up a bit, becuase even then caffeine was no longer working.ChaseTruck754 wrote:hahaha - you sound like me. I threw a tantrum like a 2 yr. old in my shop last week at about 2 AM when my body/mind just stopped helping me get what I really wanted to get done... Yelling, throwing things & cussing makes me feel better (although just slightly) at times, but never really actually helps anything.
Good question. The shocks are going out becuase the old resi hose lenght wouldn't work anymore, and one side some N2 got past the dividing piston in the resi's so Joel wanted to take a look at them.tcm glx wrote:What's with the front shocks going out to Joel? Clean up or new valving?
Mike
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Happy Birthday, Mike! 
-
323bronco
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:46 pm
- Bronco Info: 1989 BRONCO TTB with 96 front clip
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Happy birthday, have a good one.
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
How do you know I am getting older. Are you guys stalking me? More work done last night, Rad arms have strike plates for the bumps, rear shocks are all clearanced, one side was just kissing the frame at droop so I took care of that.
Couple more long nights ahead of me but it should be all worth it. Props again to Joel @ Bilstein, even though he's out of town he's still answering my stupid question and putting up with my BS. Thanks dude!
Mike
Couple more long nights ahead of me but it should be all worth it. Props again to Joel @ Bilstein, even though he's out of town he's still answering my stupid question and putting up with my BS. Thanks dude!
Mike
