mike you hoops make mine look crap. i likeonly1mikey wrote:Got some more work done tonight. Driver side is done minus bumps and straps.
Only have a week and a half to get her ready for the trip, so it's gonna be close!!!!!!!!
Mike
Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
-
greaslife
- Posts: 1128
- Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
- Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
- Location: inland impire
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
- Andy Jones
- Posts: 2209
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
- Bronco Info: In the Works!
- Location: Canyon Lake,ca
- Contact:
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
It'll never work!..
I kid, I kid!! haha! looks good.
I kid, I kid!! haha! looks good.
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
You see that shock angle Andy? Shits gonna karate chop the whoops!
BTW Scott is very excited about those MTR's. Thanks again!!!
Mike
BTW Scott is very excited about those MTR's. Thanks again!!!
Mike
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Best quote ever!!! LOLonly1mikey wrote:You see that shock angle Andy? Shits gonna karate chop the whoops!
Mike
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Lol Chuck Norris style! HiiiiiiYABajaBronco13 wrote:Best quote ever!!! LOLonly1mikey wrote:You see that shock angle Andy? Shits gonna karate chop the whoops!
Mike
No in all honestly like everything that I end up having to deal with, I have 10 pounds of shit to stuff into a 5 lbs bag and I am doing the best that I can to get these shocks to not only clear the hood, but also everything else. Passenger side starts tonight. It's a little bit tighter over there behind the shock BUT at least that side of the truck isn't completely covered in transmission fluid and dirt from my tranny leak.
Mike
- Andy Jones
- Posts: 2209
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
- Bronco Info: In the Works!
- Location: Canyon Lake,ca
- Contact:
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
No Worries! just remind him they should be ready by the 30th.. Waiting on BFG to send me my Tiresonly1mikey wrote:You see that shock angle Andy? Shits gonna karate chop the whoops!
BTW Scott is very excited about those MTR's. Thanks again!!!
Mike
Last edited by Andy Jones on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Good luck with that, BFG is on backorder right now. I went though hell getting two All Terrains.
Mike
Mike
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
-
greaslife
- Posts: 1128
- Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
- Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
- Location: inland impire
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
fing sweet man i dig your work
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
greaslife, thanks man, just trying to get her done, not shooting for bling type work. I need to keep reminding myself what my original plan for this truck was. Quick upgrades so I don't miss any trips.
With that said, I kinda went backwards a little last night.
I just wasn't happy with the bump travel and the amount if could turn the tire at full bump. If I turned it enough it would eat the coil spring. And after contemplating it for a bit I can up with a solution. Widen the beams a few inches.
projected ride height

These are shown with 8" of up travel

I should have taken pictures of the beam off the truck but I was in a hurry to get it on and go to bed


Tonight is the drivers side. Hope it goes a little quicker now that I have the templates from the passenger side.
And axles will be done as soon as the material arrives.
Thanks for looking!
Mike
With that said, I kinda went backwards a little last night.
I just wasn't happy with the bump travel and the amount if could turn the tire at full bump. If I turned it enough it would eat the coil spring. And after contemplating it for a bit I can up with a solution. Widen the beams a few inches.
projected ride height

These are shown with 8" of up travel

I should have taken pictures of the beam off the truck but I was in a hurry to get it on and go to bed


Tonight is the drivers side. Hope it goes a little quicker now that I have the templates from the passenger side.
And axles will be done as soon as the material arrives.
Thanks for looking!
Mike
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
looks good mike! all these upgrades everyone is doing is getting me amped up to get started on my new beams, and 4 link! i am chomping at the bit to get started but unfortunately i am waiting on another fabricator to finish my brackets and links.....damn fab guys always waiting on them.......
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Thanks Scott and I head ya on waiting for stuff, I had to wait a while for my swinger plates to arrive, but they are going to be worth the wait I think!
Mike
Mike
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Im really diggin al the work Mikey, so nice to see WL get a ton of love!! Cant wait to see it out in the desert again!!
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Tony, you'll see it in about a month. April barstow trip, i'll be there.
Mike
Mike
- Pre Run It
- Posts: 203
- Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:53 am
- Bronco Info: 93' 5.8 glass F & B 2.5 pro series FOX with Res, Caged, bfg projects beadlocks currie
- Location: Temecula, Ca
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Im such a fan of this bronco looking back even before it changed hands. This bronco is gettin some love for sure. Nice job!
-
greaslife
- Posts: 1128
- Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
- Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
- Location: inland impire
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
get er done i know that feeling . went nuts in mine so it would be good to go in april for Barstow gathering
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
How much wider are you on each side?
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
Packaging is a pain in the ass on stock width stuff. After installing coil overs on mine I knew I should have cut the ends off and widened it 3-4".
It rubs less now than it did on the stock style coils though.
*** EDIT *** Looks like 1.75" exactly. At least that's what my eye-chronometer comes up with.
It rubs less now than it did on the stock style coils though.
*** EDIT *** Looks like 1.75" exactly. At least that's what my eye-chronometer comes up with.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
2" wider per side. And philo I probably could have gotten away with stock width if I would have been able to mount the coilovers either in front of the master cylinder or below it. Oh well it is what it is. And to be honest the little extra track width isn't even noticeable to the untrained eye. To most people OWL looks like a rusty lifted bronco.
Mike
Mike
-
04yfzkid
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:14 am
- Bronco Info: 97 f-250 Crew Cab Short Bed Diesel TTB
- Location: Minot, ND / Oceanside, CA
Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
That last part is what I love about this thing. Looks so simple and I'm sure it handles well. Like everything that has been done so far, keep up the work dude!only1mikey wrote:2" wider per side. And philo I probably could have gotten away with stock width if I would have been able to mount the coilovers either in front of the master cylinder or below it. Oh well it is what it is. And to be honest the little extra track width isn't even noticeable to the untrained eye. To most people OWL looks like a rusty lifted bronco.
Mike
-Mini Mike
Hopes and dreams racing
Hopes and dreams racing






