Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by greaslife »

only1mikey wrote:Got some more work done tonight. Driver side is done minus bumps and straps.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Only have a week and a half to get her ready for the trip, so it's gonna be close!!!!!!!!

Mike
mike you hoops make mine look crap. i like
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by Andy Jones »

It'll never work!..














































I kid, I kid!! haha! looks good.
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

You see that shock angle Andy? Shits gonna karate chop the whoops!

BTW Scott is very excited about those MTR's. Thanks again!!!

Mike
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaBronco13 »

only1mikey wrote:You see that shock angle Andy? Shits gonna karate chop the whoops!

Mike
Best quote ever!!! LOL
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

BajaBronco13 wrote:
only1mikey wrote:You see that shock angle Andy? Shits gonna karate chop the whoops!

Mike
Best quote ever!!! LOL
Lol Chuck Norris style! HiiiiiiYA

No in all honestly like everything that I end up having to deal with, I have 10 pounds of shit to stuff into a 5 lbs bag and I am doing the best that I can to get these shocks to not only clear the hood, but also everything else. Passenger side starts tonight. It's a little bit tighter over there behind the shock BUT at least that side of the truck isn't completely covered in transmission fluid and dirt from my tranny leak.

Mike
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by Andy Jones »

only1mikey wrote:You see that shock angle Andy? Shits gonna karate chop the whoops!

BTW Scott is very excited about those MTR's. Thanks again!!!

Mike
No Worries! just remind him they should be ready by the 30th.. Waiting on BFG to send me my Tires :roll:
Last edited by Andy Jones on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Good luck with that, BFG is on backorder right now. I went though hell getting two All Terrains.

Mike
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Image

Image

Mike
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by greaslife »

fing sweet man i dig your work
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

greaslife, thanks man, just trying to get her done, not shooting for bling type work. I need to keep reminding myself what my original plan for this truck was. Quick upgrades so I don't miss any trips.

With that said, I kinda went backwards a little last night.

I just wasn't happy with the bump travel and the amount if could turn the tire at full bump. If I turned it enough it would eat the coil spring. And after contemplating it for a bit I can up with a solution. Widen the beams a few inches.

projected ride height
Image

These are shown with 8" of up travel
Image

I should have taken pictures of the beam off the truck but I was in a hurry to get it on and go to bed
Image

Image

Tonight is the drivers side. Hope it goes a little quicker now that I have the templates from the passenger side.

And axles will be done as soon as the material arrives.

Thanks for looking!

Mike
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by bajascott »

looks good mike! all these upgrades everyone is doing is getting me amped up to get started on my new beams, and 4 link! i am chomping at the bit to get started but unfortunately i am waiting on another fabricator to finish my brackets and links.....damn fab guys always waiting on them.......
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Thanks Scott and I head ya on waiting for stuff, I had to wait a while for my swinger plates to arrive, but they are going to be worth the wait I think!

Mike
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by tcm glx »

Im really diggin al the work Mikey, so nice to see WL get a ton of love!! Cant wait to see it out in the desert again!!
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Tony, you'll see it in about a month. April barstow trip, i'll be there.

Mike
User avatar
Pre Run It
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:53 am
Bronco Info: 93' 5.8 glass F & B 2.5 pro series FOX with Res, Caged, bfg projects beadlocks currie
Location: Temecula, Ca

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by Pre Run It »

Im such a fan of this bronco looking back even before it changed hands. This bronco is gettin some love for sure. Nice job!
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by greaslife »

get er done i know that feeling . went nuts in mine so it would be good to go in april for Barstow gathering
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by tcm glx »

How much wider are you on each side?
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by philofab »

Packaging is a pain in the ass on stock width stuff. After installing coil overs on mine I knew I should have cut the ends off and widened it 3-4".

It rubs less now than it did on the stock style coils though.

*** EDIT *** Looks like 1.75" exactly. At least that's what my eye-chronometer comes up with.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

2" wider per side. And philo I probably could have gotten away with stock width if I would have been able to mount the coilovers either in front of the master cylinder or below it. Oh well it is what it is. And to be honest the little extra track width isn't even noticeable to the untrained eye. To most people OWL looks like a rusty lifted bronco.

Mike
04yfzkid
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:14 am
Bronco Info: 97 f-250 Crew Cab Short Bed Diesel TTB
Location: Minot, ND / Oceanside, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by 04yfzkid »

only1mikey wrote:2" wider per side. And philo I probably could have gotten away with stock width if I would have been able to mount the coilovers either in front of the master cylinder or below it. Oh well it is what it is. And to be honest the little extra track width isn't even noticeable to the untrained eye. To most people OWL looks like a rusty lifted bronco.

Mike
That last part is what I love about this thing. Looks so simple and I'm sure it handles well. Like everything that has been done so far, keep up the work dude!
-Mini Mike
Hopes and dreams racing
Post Reply