Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

While I get the not mixing & matching I'm agreeing with Andy on this one. I'd definitely avoid mixing & matching beams & radius arms from different builders unless you talk to the builder to see where the caster is built in, what angles they are at, etc.
But for the "engine cage" kits (more of an upper shock mount really) all this does is hold the top of the shock - like Andy said. IF there are lower shock mounts already on the beams (or radius arms) then mixing & matching here could cause a little issue, but if there are no shock mounts yet - then mix & match away on shock hoops & build the lower shock mount to work with that.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by philofab »

Silverslk wrote:
philofab wrote:Yo! Andy, I thought you were going to call me?
Called you yesterday but you probably saw the 818 number (desk) and was like "What the hell?". hahaha

I'm not a message leaver so I hung up. :D
I missed it cause I was in the back working and then I called it back and got some secret government research facility.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
SuperSixAxis
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:11 pm
Bronco Info: 1996 5.8, E4OD
Location: Honolulu, Hi(Vegas 2012)
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by SuperSixAxis »

Andy, lots of good info on Ricks ride at Autofab.com. I would think John would probably give some advice as well.
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

OK. I went out and took some pics of the beams I have. They are made by BTF Fabrication. I have not called them yet to discuss anything. I just wanted to post up some pics and get opinions on them and if you see anything else I should do to them before starting to install. I value everyones opinion on here so please....speak up!!
Attachments
IMG_6759.JPG
IMG_6759.JPG (91.81 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
IMG_6760.JPG
IMG_6760.JPG (107.14 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
IMG_6761.JPG
IMG_6761.JPG (90.15 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
IMG_6762.JPG
IMG_6762.JPG (91.92 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

more
Attachments
IMG_6763.JPG
IMG_6763.JPG (82.38 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
IMG_6764.JPG
IMG_6764.JPG (86.62 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
IMG_6765.JPG
IMG_6765.JPG (100.84 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
IMG_6766.JPG
IMG_6766.JPG (111.69 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

Last of em
Attachments
IMG_6767.JPG
IMG_6767.JPG (92.49 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
IMG_6768.JPG
IMG_6768.JPG (89.87 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
IMG_6769.JPG
IMG_6769.JPG (89.38 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
IMG_6770.JPG
IMG_6770.JPG (88.1 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by yikes »

Andy, I would plate the backside of the driver's beam all the way to the center section. That area has a tendency to crack. Looks like BTF does nice work. That's not Blue Torch Fab is it?

Image
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

Thanks B!! I wondered about that part. I saw alot on here plated all the way but this is why I asked. and no it Brandon-Travis Fab. http://www.btf-fab.com/

I really like the stuff so far and can't wait to get it on.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by philofab »

It need black spray paint to be ready to go.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
baja-chris
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by baja-chris »

They look great. Paint em and run em!
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by tcm glx »

Silverslk wrote: I value everyones opinion on here so please....speak up!!
They need powdercoat and glossyness action!!
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

tcm glx wrote:
Silverslk wrote: I value everyones opinion on here so please....speak up!!
They need powdercoat and glossyness action!!
Except yours!! :P
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by philofab »

It only costs 99 cents to make beams with spray paint look new again...
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Eh - those beams look like crap Andy - you should just give up on them & donate them to me!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
SuperSixAxis
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:11 pm
Bronco Info: 1996 5.8, E4OD
Location: Honolulu, Hi(Vegas 2012)
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by SuperSixAxis »

I hate seeing rust...on anything! Its like the earth is stealing our parts! LOL
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by only1mikey »

Wow those things sure rusted up fast! They were rust free when they left my place.

But I guess that's what happens when you live right by the beach!

Mike
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

only1mikey wrote:Wow those things sure rusted up fast! They were rust free when they left my place.

But I guess that's what happens when you live right by the beach!

Mike
I blame Chris!!! :(
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Chris is a few miles inland for sure - you should see stuff at my place. I blink and the stuff rusts!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Silverslk wrote:
only1mikey wrote:Wow those things sure rusted up fast! They were rust free when they left my place.

But I guess that's what happens when you live right by the beach!

Mike
I blame Chris!!! :(
I actually almost had them media blasted before I posted them for sale but assumed someone would probably p coat them before installing.
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

While not a special update or even go fast. Its still an update.

I managed to score some OEM floor mats on Ebay for the front. I have been running without and worrying about ruining the carpet.

I also did the Ford "Dash fix" by getting my buddy at the dealer to locate one of the few left in the country. The tab had broken clean off and the dash had been shaking up and down 2-3 inches easy. I didn't know it was broken or about the fix until Tony told me.

Last, my wife decided to get me custom plates for Valentines (they showed up 4-6 weeks after). They are based on the nickname around some friends as the "Turtle". They (friends) claim its because of its color and that I say its a "slow build" but either way......I own it now.
Attachments
IMG_6824.JPG
IMG_6824.JPG (64.92 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
IMG_6827.JPG
IMG_6827.JPG (32.99 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
IMG_6830.JPG
IMG_6830.JPG (83.92 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
Post Reply