BMX bikes

User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

BMX bikes

Post by philofab »

Long before I ever rode an ATC/Quad/Dirt bike or had a drivers licence I rode BMX. I just bought a bicycle today to help get fit again, and I thought I would see how many of you used to be into it.

I got a Haro Monocoque with spin rims. I think this one is aluminum, I have not picked it up yet. I had one in the 90s but it was carbon fiber, I hope to find another someday.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Dezertbronco
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
Location: Highland, CA.

Re: BMX bikes

Post by Dezertbronco »

I still ride a Haro, Did you buy a cruiser?
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: BMX bikes

Post by bajascott »

i have been looking for a 24" redline cruiser to ride with my kids,
my poor knees just dont last that long on my skateboard.
bmx bikes are fun!!
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: BMX bikes

Post by philofab »

Dezertbronco wrote:I still ride a Haro, Did you buy a cruiser?
Nope... a 20", A cruiser would be cool but I have plans to build a fixed gear bike out of a mountain bike for the "other" bike. Two should be plenty.

I had many Haro bikes when I was younger. Group II, Group 1B, Group 1Si, Carbon Fiber Monocoque, ect.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
magic carpet XLT
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:01 pm
Location: santa cruz

Re: BMX bikes

Post by magic carpet XLT »

for the love of god, don't build a fixie. i hope you meant single speed, in which case, i highly recommend it. it will get you in shape real quick.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: BMX bikes

Post by philofab »

magic carpet XLT wrote:for the love of god, don't build a fixie. i hope you meant single speed, in which case, i highly recommend it. it will get you in shape real quick.
What is the difference? I planned on having a flip flop with a free wheel on one side and a non-free wheel on the other.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: BMX bikes

Post by yikes »

A fixed gear and clipless. Woohooo! Quick trip to the hospital. Haha! Philo - fixed gear means no freewheel. Had a friend that used to train with them to help his pedal stroke.
User avatar
Jasonj105
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 am
Bronco Info: 1989 Bronco, 5.8, C6
Location: El Centro, CA

Re: BMX bikes

Post by Jasonj105 »

bajascott wrote:i have been looking for a 24" redline cruiser to ride with my kids,
my poor knees just dont last that long on my skateboard.
bmx bikes are fun!!
Scott, I have a couple of cruiser frames if you want one. A Redline Proline, and a Felt. I also have a complete Intense Sabot 20'' ready to race if anyone wants it. Profile cranks, S&M Slam bars, Sun BFR rims with GT mohawk hubs.
We Might As Well Give Up And Run, If We Let Them Take Our God And Guns
User avatar
Squarehead
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: BMX bikes

Post by Squarehead »

Back in the 80's, I used to ride a Diamond Back (can't remember which model) and then a Dyno Pro Comp (which was really more of a freestyle bike than BMX), and I loved those things! My little brother used to ride a Haro Group 1.

My parents made me play little league until I was in 8th grade...and I hated it the whole time. If they would have just taken me to the BMX track and let me be involved in a sport that I was really interested in, I would have been in heaven. A lesson I won't forget when I have kids of my own.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: BMX bikes

Post by philofab »

yikes wrote:A fixed gear and clipless. Woohooo! Quick trip to the hospital. Haha! Philo - fixed gear means no freewheel. Had a friend that used to train with them to help his pedal stroke.
I want a fixed gear bike, I rode one last time I was in Seattle and it was way cool. I like riding backwards and it should build my calf up.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: BMX bikes

Post by yikes »

So, you are crazy. We used to talk about putting a fixed gear on our downhill bikes for shits n giggles.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: BMX bikes

Post by philofab »

yikes wrote:So, you are crazy. We used to talk about putting a fixed gear on our downhill bikes for shits n giggles.
I wouldn't do it for downhill... it's flat around here where I live. I might be a little crazy, I do after all have a titanium plate in my head.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: BMX bikes

Post by Nick »

philofab wrote: I might be a little crazy, I do after all have a titanium plate in my head.
Well that explains it! :lol:
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
magic carpet XLT
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:01 pm
Location: santa cruz

Re: BMX bikes

Post by magic carpet XLT »

just dont start wearing neon ass hugger jeans and members only jackets...only real gripe i have about fixies is the emo queers that ride them and think that they are skilled riders when they really aren't and give true riders a bad name when they crash into cars and people because they don't know how to ride a bike without brakes.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: BMX bikes

Post by philofab »

Haha, the bike will have brakes...
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
slowpoke-rodriguez
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:27 pm
Bronco Info: etz slow

Re: BMX bikes

Post by slowpoke-rodriguez »

User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: BMX bikes

Post by bajascott »

hhaa thats rad, that is a cool movie!!
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
Dezertbronco
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
Location: Highland, CA.

Re: BMX bikes

Post by Dezertbronco »

bajascott wrote:hhaa thats rad, that is a cool movie!!
Go down to Malcolm Smith motorsports and Buy a copy and Malcolm will sign it and take a picture with you.
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: BMX bikes

Post by bajascott »

i shook his hand before.....along time ago, i dont need an autogragh, and i have the movie..lol
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
Post Reply