BMX bikes
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
BMX bikes
Long before I ever rode an ATC/Quad/Dirt bike or had a drivers licence I rode BMX. I just bought a bicycle today to help get fit again, and I thought I would see how many of you used to be into it.
I got a Haro Monocoque with spin rims. I think this one is aluminum, I have not picked it up yet. I had one in the 90s but it was carbon fiber, I hope to find another someday.
I got a Haro Monocoque with spin rims. I think this one is aluminum, I have not picked it up yet. I had one in the 90s but it was carbon fiber, I hope to find another someday.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
-
Dezertbronco
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
- Location: Highland, CA.
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: BMX bikes
i have been looking for a 24" redline cruiser to ride with my kids,
my poor knees just dont last that long on my skateboard.
bmx bikes are fun!!
my poor knees just dont last that long on my skateboard.
bmx bikes are fun!!
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: BMX bikes
Nope... a 20", A cruiser would be cool but I have plans to build a fixed gear bike out of a mountain bike for the "other" bike. Two should be plenty.Dezertbronco wrote:I still ride a Haro, Did you buy a cruiser?
I had many Haro bikes when I was younger. Group II, Group 1B, Group 1Si, Carbon Fiber Monocoque, ect.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- magic carpet XLT
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:01 pm
- Location: santa cruz
Re: BMX bikes
for the love of god, don't build a fixie. i hope you meant single speed, in which case, i highly recommend it. it will get you in shape real quick.
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: BMX bikes
What is the difference? I planned on having a flip flop with a free wheel on one side and a non-free wheel on the other.magic carpet XLT wrote:for the love of god, don't build a fixie. i hope you meant single speed, in which case, i highly recommend it. it will get you in shape real quick.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: BMX bikes
A fixed gear and clipless. Woohooo! Quick trip to the hospital. Haha! Philo - fixed gear means no freewheel. Had a friend that used to train with them to help his pedal stroke.
- Jasonj105
- Posts: 134
- Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 am
- Bronco Info: 1989 Bronco, 5.8, C6
- Location: El Centro, CA
Re: BMX bikes
Scott, I have a couple of cruiser frames if you want one. A Redline Proline, and a Felt. I also have a complete Intense Sabot 20'' ready to race if anyone wants it. Profile cranks, S&M Slam bars, Sun BFR rims with GT mohawk hubs.bajascott wrote:i have been looking for a 24" redline cruiser to ride with my kids,
my poor knees just dont last that long on my skateboard.
bmx bikes are fun!!
We Might As Well Give Up And Run, If We Let Them Take Our God And Guns
- Squarehead
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:41 pm
Re: BMX bikes
Back in the 80's, I used to ride a Diamond Back (can't remember which model) and then a Dyno Pro Comp (which was really more of a freestyle bike than BMX), and I loved those things! My little brother used to ride a Haro Group 1.
My parents made me play little league until I was in 8th grade...and I hated it the whole time. If they would have just taken me to the BMX track and let me be involved in a sport that I was really interested in, I would have been in heaven. A lesson I won't forget when I have kids of my own.
My parents made me play little league until I was in 8th grade...and I hated it the whole time. If they would have just taken me to the BMX track and let me be involved in a sport that I was really interested in, I would have been in heaven. A lesson I won't forget when I have kids of my own.
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: BMX bikes
I want a fixed gear bike, I rode one last time I was in Seattle and it was way cool. I like riding backwards and it should build my calf up.yikes wrote:A fixed gear and clipless. Woohooo! Quick trip to the hospital. Haha! Philo - fixed gear means no freewheel. Had a friend that used to train with them to help his pedal stroke.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: BMX bikes
So, you are crazy. We used to talk about putting a fixed gear on our downhill bikes for shits n giggles.
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: BMX bikes
I wouldn't do it for downhill... it's flat around here where I live. I might be a little crazy, I do after all have a titanium plate in my head.yikes wrote:So, you are crazy. We used to talk about putting a fixed gear on our downhill bikes for shits n giggles.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: BMX bikes
Well that explains it!philofab wrote: I might be a little crazy, I do after all have a titanium plate in my head.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- magic carpet XLT
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:01 pm
- Location: santa cruz
Re: BMX bikes
just dont start wearing neon ass hugger jeans and members only jackets...only real gripe i have about fixies is the emo queers that ride them and think that they are skilled riders when they really aren't and give true riders a bad name when they crash into cars and people because they don't know how to ride a bike without brakes.
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: BMX bikes
Haha, the bike will have brakes...
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
-
slowpoke-rodriguez
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:27 pm
- Bronco Info: etz slow
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: BMX bikes
hhaa thats rad, that is a cool movie!!
-
Dezertbronco
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
- Location: Highland, CA.
Re: BMX bikes
Go down to Malcolm Smith motorsports and Buy a copy and Malcolm will sign it and take a picture with you.bajascott wrote:hhaa thats rad, that is a cool movie!!
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: BMX bikes
i shook his hand before.....along time ago, i dont need an autogragh, and i have the movie..lol
