Warrior Foundation Donations... SENT!!!
- BajaF250
- Posts: 2430
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
- Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Contact:
Warrior Foundation Donations... SENT!!!
All,
Steve has very graciously set up a paypal account for us to use collect our donations. The donations will go to (every penny) the Warrior Foundation to help the veterans here in the Southern California region for a brighter holiday season.
Many vets that have been seriously wounded are sent here to regional hospitals at Balboa, Camp Pendleton, or 29 Palms. Most of these folks cannot leave the hospital due to injuries and must stay in the barracks or in the hospital over the holidays. Many are far enough along in recuperation, but can't get home due to finances.
So, we can lift spirits in a couple of ways... we can provide enough donations to send a few vets home for the holidays where they can wake up with their families and/or we can bring some of the holiday festivities to their hospital rooms by providing some creature comforts.
I recommend we see what we can collect and try to provide enough resources to send at least two vets home and also provide some home comforts to those that must stay in the hospital.
The paypal account for our donations is: gofastbroncos@gmail.com
[ADMIN EDIT]: The above PayPal account is ONLY being used for these donations. There is no co-mingling of funds. As Tom stated, ALL funds will go to the Wounded Warrior Foundation and nowhere else.[END ADMIN EDIT]
For more information on the Wounded Warrior Foundation go to: http://www.warriorfoundation.com
Steve has very graciously set up a paypal account for us to use collect our donations. The donations will go to (every penny) the Warrior Foundation to help the veterans here in the Southern California region for a brighter holiday season.
Many vets that have been seriously wounded are sent here to regional hospitals at Balboa, Camp Pendleton, or 29 Palms. Most of these folks cannot leave the hospital due to injuries and must stay in the barracks or in the hospital over the holidays. Many are far enough along in recuperation, but can't get home due to finances.
So, we can lift spirits in a couple of ways... we can provide enough donations to send a few vets home for the holidays where they can wake up with their families and/or we can bring some of the holiday festivities to their hospital rooms by providing some creature comforts.
I recommend we see what we can collect and try to provide enough resources to send at least two vets home and also provide some home comforts to those that must stay in the hospital.
The paypal account for our donations is: gofastbroncos@gmail.com
[ADMIN EDIT]: The above PayPal account is ONLY being used for these donations. There is no co-mingling of funds. As Tom stated, ALL funds will go to the Wounded Warrior Foundation and nowhere else.[END ADMIN EDIT]
For more information on the Wounded Warrior Foundation go to: http://www.warriorfoundation.com
- BajaF250
- Posts: 2430
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
- Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Contact:
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
I think we should set a collection goal to meet our expectations. I recommed set our goal at $2,500 to do those things we set out to accomplish.
I will start the donations with $300. Steve, paypal sent...
I will start the donations with $300. Steve, paypal sent...
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
Wow! Awesome Tom. Can't do that, but $50 sent.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
You guys rock! Way to get the ball rolling!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
Way to get things rollin guys!! I'm in for 50, or I can still see if I have the possibility of using those southwest airlines tkts guys
- BajaF250
- Posts: 2430
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
- Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Contact:
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
Hey T,tcm glx wrote:Way to get things rollin guys!! I'm in for 50, or I can still see if I have the possibility of using those southwest airlines tkts guys
I think they are usable if you'd like to donate. I can make arrangements with the WWF.
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
I just paypal'd $50. Thanks for doing this guys. What a great cause.
Any thoughts on pulling a bunch of Off Road magazines from our Baja run and sending those as a care package? I'm game to go out and buy more Off Road magazines.
Chris
Any thoughts on pulling a bunch of Off Road magazines from our Baja run and sending those as a care package? I'm game to go out and buy more Off Road magazines.
Chris
- johncharlesb
- Posts: 510
- Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 pm
- Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
I will put up $50. I am a luddite though and don't know how to make a paypal donation. Is there a street address where I could send a check via the Pony Express or hot air balloon?
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
I want it in a hot air balloon. I'm also going to want a ride in said balloon! Ha!johncharlesb wrote:I will put up $50. I am a luddite though and don't know how to make a paypal donation. Is there a street address where I could send a check via the Pony Express or hot air balloon?
Well since we're not all official-like with a non-profit organization, bank account and all that, Your non-PayPal options are as follows. Send a check directly to me and I'll deposit it in my personal account and transfer the money to the GFB PayPal account. Or, send it directly to Wounded Warriors. Either will work!
By the way, it's SUPER easy to set up a PayPal account. All that's required is a credit or debit card. You can also use a checking account but that takes a bit more effort and time. Even a cave man could do it!
All that said, we will NOT turn down a donation. If someone is generous enough to give, we'll do whatever it takes to get the donation to Wounded Warriors.
John, send me a PM and let me know how you want to handle this.
Thanks!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
I'm in for this..... Funds to follow shortly.
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
I will get my donation in at the end of the month awesome work guys!
Jeremy
- BajaF250
- Posts: 2430
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
- Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Contact:
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
Hey Chris,BajaBronco13 wrote:I just paypal'd $50. Thanks for doing this guys. What a great cause.
Any thoughts on pulling a bunch of Off Road magazines from our Baja run and sending those as a care package? I'm game to go out and buy more Off Road magazines.
Chris
That's a great idea... maybe Off Road would donate a few extra copies... Magazines are on the list of things the guys need in their "care" packages. Laying in a hospital bed is certainly filled with it's fair share of boredom... a good off road mag will certainly provide some modicom of diversion from their daily hospital routines, nurses, medication, doctors... etc.
- SuperSixAxis
- Posts: 363
- Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:11 pm
- Bronco Info: 1996 5.8, E4OD
- Location: Honolulu, Hi(Vegas 2012)
- Contact:
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
$100 sent. I am really proud to be a part of this group. You guys are really World Class people!
-
Broncodawg
- Posts: 711
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
- Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
- Location: Bishop, CA
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
Proudly sending $50 tonight, can't paypal at work.
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
You all have good reason to be proud! I certainly am, to be included in all this. The generosity out of the gate is fantastic! To be perfectly honest, I expected a few bucks here and there, but you gentlemen are STEPPING UP! Thank you for that and thank you for making GFB such a great place!
I also want to note that while we want everyone to think hard about the men and women that dedicate their lives to defend our freedoms, to dig deep and to give big, EVERY donation helps!
One last thing. When sending funds, make sure you send as a "gift". Otherwise, Paypal dings us for fees. I'll make up whatever has been taken out thus far for fees, so don't sweat previous transactions.
YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
I also want to note that while we want everyone to think hard about the men and women that dedicate their lives to defend our freedoms, to dig deep and to give big, EVERY donation helps!
One last thing. When sending funds, make sure you send as a "gift". Otherwise, Paypal dings us for fees. I'll make up whatever has been taken out thus far for fees, so don't sweat previous transactions.
YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
money sent!
i would also like to donate a few gofastbroncos.com shirt and stickers. let me know where to send them.
i would also like to donate a few gofastbroncos.com shirt and stickers. let me know where to send them.
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
i posted an auction item in the parts section to benifit this i wish i could do more......
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =26&t=2626
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =26&t=2626
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
This is awesome guys! I am in, but need to know how long this will be set up for. I just paid mortgage, and leave for the baja 1000 tomorrow. If it will still be open next friday, I would like to put money towards the cause!
Thanks!
Erik
Thanks!
Erik
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
Scott, that's too cool!bajascott wrote:i posted an auction item in the parts section to benifit this i wish i could do more......
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =26&t=2626
It'll still be up after the 1000. Enjoy the race but don't spend all your money!ESHALLBETTER wrote:This is awesome guys! I am in, but need to know how long this will be set up for. I just paid mortgage, and leave for the baja 1000 tomorrow. If it will still be open next friday, I would like to put money towards the cause!
Thanks!
Erik
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations
No worries! I should have some winnings to spendSteveG wrote:Scott, that's too cool!bajascott wrote:i posted an auction item in the parts section to benifit this i wish i could do more......
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =26&t=2626
It'll still be up after the 1000. Enjoy the race but don't spend all your money!ESHALLBETTER wrote:This is awesome guys! I am in, but need to know how long this will be set up for. I just paid mortgage, and leave for the baja 1000 tomorrow. If it will still be open next friday, I would like to put money towards the cause!
Thanks!
Erik
