Warrior Foundation Donations... SENT!!!

User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Warrior Foundation Donations... SENT!!!

Post by BajaF250 »

All,

Steve has very graciously set up a paypal account for us to use collect our donations. The donations will go to (every penny) the Warrior Foundation to help the veterans here in the Southern California region for a brighter holiday season.

Many vets that have been seriously wounded are sent here to regional hospitals at Balboa, Camp Pendleton, or 29 Palms. Most of these folks cannot leave the hospital due to injuries and must stay in the barracks or in the hospital over the holidays. Many are far enough along in recuperation, but can't get home due to finances.

So, we can lift spirits in a couple of ways... we can provide enough donations to send a few vets home for the holidays where they can wake up with their families and/or we can bring some of the holiday festivities to their hospital rooms by providing some creature comforts.

I recommend we see what we can collect and try to provide enough resources to send at least two vets home and also provide some home comforts to those that must stay in the hospital.

The paypal account for our donations is: gofastbroncos@gmail.com

[ADMIN EDIT]: The above PayPal account is ONLY being used for these donations. There is no co-mingling of funds. As Tom stated, ALL funds will go to the Wounded Warrior Foundation and nowhere else.[END ADMIN EDIT]

For more information on the Wounded Warrior Foundation go to: http://www.warriorfoundation.com
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by BajaF250 »

I think we should set a collection goal to meet our expectations. I recommed set our goal at $2,500 to do those things we set out to accomplish.

I will start the donations with $300. Steve, paypal sent...
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by yikes »

Wow! Awesome Tom. Can't do that, but $50 sent.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by SteveG »

You guys rock! Way to get the ball rolling!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by tcm glx »

Way to get things rollin guys!! I'm in for 50, or I can still see if I have the possibility of using those southwest airlines tkts guys
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by BajaF250 »

tcm glx wrote:Way to get things rollin guys!! I'm in for 50, or I can still see if I have the possibility of using those southwest airlines tkts guys
Hey T,
I think they are usable if you'd like to donate. I can make arrangements with the WWF.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I just paypal'd $50. Thanks for doing this guys. What a great cause.

Any thoughts on pulling a bunch of Off Road magazines from our Baja run and sending those as a care package? I'm game to go out and buy more Off Road magazines.

Chris
User avatar
johncharlesb
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 pm
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by johncharlesb »

I will put up $50. I am a luddite though and don't know how to make a paypal donation. Is there a street address where I could send a check via the Pony Express or hot air balloon?
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by SteveG »

johncharlesb wrote:I will put up $50. I am a luddite though and don't know how to make a paypal donation. Is there a street address where I could send a check via the Pony Express or hot air balloon?
I want it in a hot air balloon. I'm also going to want a ride in said balloon! Ha!

Well since we're not all official-like with a non-profit organization, bank account and all that, Your non-PayPal options are as follows. Send a check directly to me and I'll deposit it in my personal account and transfer the money to the GFB PayPal account. Or, send it directly to Wounded Warriors. Either will work!

By the way, it's SUPER easy to set up a PayPal account. All that's required is a credit or debit card. You can also use a checking account but that takes a bit more effort and time. Even a cave man could do it!

All that said, we will NOT turn down a donation. If someone is generous enough to give, we'll do whatever it takes to get the donation to Wounded Warriors.

John, send me a PM and let me know how you want to handle this.

Thanks!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by AussieRod »

I'm in for this..... Funds to follow shortly.
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by Polarcub »

I will get my donation in at the end of the month awesome work guys!
Jeremy
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by BajaF250 »

BajaBronco13 wrote:I just paypal'd $50. Thanks for doing this guys. What a great cause.

Any thoughts on pulling a bunch of Off Road magazines from our Baja run and sending those as a care package? I'm game to go out and buy more Off Road magazines.

Chris
Hey Chris,
That's a great idea... maybe Off Road would donate a few extra copies... Magazines are on the list of things the guys need in their "care" packages. Laying in a hospital bed is certainly filled with it's fair share of boredom... a good off road mag will certainly provide some modicom of diversion from their daily hospital routines, nurses, medication, doctors... etc.
User avatar
SuperSixAxis
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:11 pm
Bronco Info: 1996 5.8, E4OD
Location: Honolulu, Hi(Vegas 2012)
Contact:

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by SuperSixAxis »

$100 sent. I am really proud to be a part of this group. You guys are really World Class people!
Broncodawg
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
Location: Bishop, CA

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by Broncodawg »

Proudly sending $50 tonight, can't paypal at work.
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by SteveG »

You all have good reason to be proud! I certainly am, to be included in all this. The generosity out of the gate is fantastic! To be perfectly honest, I expected a few bucks here and there, but you gentlemen are STEPPING UP! Thank you for that and thank you for making GFB such a great place!

I also want to note that while we want everyone to think hard about the men and women that dedicate their lives to defend our freedoms, to dig deep and to give big, EVERY donation helps!

One last thing. When sending funds, make sure you send as a "gift". Otherwise, Paypal dings us for fees. I'll make up whatever has been taken out thus far for fees, so don't sweat previous transactions.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
PBR
Founder
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by PBR »

money sent!

i would also like to donate a few gofastbroncos.com shirt and stickers. let me know where to send them.
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by bajascott »

i posted an auction item in the parts section to benifit this i wish i could do more......
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =26&t=2626
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

This is awesome guys! I am in, but need to know how long this will be set up for. I just paid mortgage, and leave for the baja 1000 tomorrow. If it will still be open next friday, I would like to put money towards the cause!

Thanks!

Erik
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by SteveG »

bajascott wrote:i posted an auction item in the parts section to benifit this i wish i could do more......
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =26&t=2626
Scott, that's too cool!
ESHALLBETTER wrote:This is awesome guys! I am in, but need to know how long this will be set up for. I just paid mortgage, and leave for the baja 1000 tomorrow. If it will still be open next friday, I would like to put money towards the cause!

Thanks!

Erik
It'll still be up after the 1000. Enjoy the race but don't spend all your money!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: 2011 Wounded Warrior Foundation Donations

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

SteveG wrote:
bajascott wrote:i posted an auction item in the parts section to benifit this i wish i could do more......
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =26&t=2626
Scott, that's too cool!
ESHALLBETTER wrote:This is awesome guys! I am in, but need to know how long this will be set up for. I just paid mortgage, and leave for the baja 1000 tomorrow. If it will still be open next friday, I would like to put money towards the cause!

Thanks!

Erik
It'll still be up after the 1000. Enjoy the race but don't spend all your money!
No worries! I should have some winnings to spend :D , plus Friday is payday.
Post Reply