Barge #3.......... Eventually........

User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by BDKW1 »

Oh, I'm always working, just not on My stuff.........

Like today.
Image
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

you and I both know what I meant ;)

At the 500 I started talking about converting my '74 supercab to a bronco. Luckily I was quickly talked out of it. I still really like the idea just have no time.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
D1cker1
Posts: 1255
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior
Location: ORANGE CUNTY, COMIFORNIA وس إنجليزي - عربي

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by D1cker1 »

what are you doing to the Blue Bronco?

I dream of his suspension setup... Can i have a closer pic of the front?

I want those wheels.. Who makes them?
Last edited by D1cker1 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Integrity, Money, Relevance
1amD1cker1@gmail.com
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by philofab »

I want those wheels.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by BDKW1 »

Good luck on the wheels. APP will still make them for you if you want to buy about 500............

More pictures of it here. http://jdfabrication.com/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=68

Red neck body lift....... Damn tree barely even flexed.

Image

GTFO and don't come back..........

Image
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by Nick »

Who took the chassis?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by BDKW1 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:At the 500 I started talking about converting my '74 supercab to a bronco.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
baja-chris
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by baja-chris »

Notice the licence plate on the truck that towed it away. Old class 8 dude. 1Baja99
User avatar
baja-chris
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by baja-chris »

Nick wrote:Who took the chassis?
It was towed away to serve a better life. You are likely looking at the 2012 Baja 1000 Class 3 winner there! Ha.
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by Nick »

baja-chris wrote:
Nick wrote:Who took the chassis?
It was towed away to serve a better life. You are likely looking at the 2012 Baja 1000 Class 3 winner there! Ha.
You sneaky bastage!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Brian, we (meaning me) need updates on this. Did your other project leave? If so are you at least looking at this thing again? With my new brain fart brewing I really need you to start this before I start mine so I cna see how it's done!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by BDKW1 »

Yeah, I got an update! My rear sending unit still doesn't work. friken tank conversion........
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

as usual - not what I was expecting or wanting - haha

Maybe this will be a bit helpful. Not that you need the cab matchup like I do, but pics may be useful??

I was at the shop last night and I dawned on my I had a scrap pile of what used to be an '87 bronco since my buddy still hadn't taken the load to recycling yet. I cut a bit more off this bronco hunk and held it up to my supercab (still not cut well enough to fit right obviously, but this was a quick test). I was wondering if I might be able to get away with a 80+ donor for the bronco half since I can run a 778/79 tailgate on it and only this section above the bedside would show due to fiberglass bedsides. Looks as if I might need a 78/79 donor to make is a smooth blend from the supbercab to the shell connection part on the bronco. It looks almost doable from the side but you can see the cab angle difference in the 3rd pic.
Attachments
x 164.jpg
x 164.jpg (115.6 KiB) Viewed 1545 times
x 163.jpg
x 163.jpg (95.8 KiB) Viewed 1545 times
x 166.jpg
x 166.jpg (90.07 KiB) Viewed 1545 times
x 165.jpg
x 165.jpg (170.01 KiB) Viewed 1545 times
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by BDKW1 »

You know, I had checked the profile of the Broncos against the newer body style trucks. How cool would a 4 door extra cab body with a Bronco back be......... They weren't close enough to make me want to attempt it.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by philofab »

Superduty style cabs? I think it would be close....
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

BDKW1 wrote:You know, I had checked the profile of the Broncos against the newer body style trucks. How cool would a 4 door extra cab body with a Bronco back be......... They weren't close enough to make me want to attempt it.
I've seen them in the 70's truck bodies. A couple guys have made these road trains. Damn they are loooong!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by BDKW1 »

Update, fixed the sending unit. Seems it was working fine but the brass float had a hole in it. Safety wired the stock diesel plastic one to it and it's all good now. I was think of tack welding them together, but the chance of fire seemed pretty high.......

Also figured out why it would only pull fuel above half a tank. Put the pick up extension on the wrong tube....... The Bronco sending unit with the in tank pump had 2 tubes in addition to the return. It only took a second to realize that I had picked to one that went nowhere for the extension.........

Then it was time to figure out why I had no parking brake and what the growling was coming from the D-side rear drum......... As I was beat uselessly at the drum trying to free it I happened to be looking at the leaf pack. Odd, there seems to be a notch in the main leaf. As I bent down to get a better look I noticed I could see all the way through it. Cool! So I went a picked up these.

Image

After fighting the u-bolts for about 30 MIN I decided to cut them off and replace them. Napa didn't have any replacements on hand and it would be 28$EA and 2 days to get them. So I reused the stockers after a good wire wheeling and left out the overload spring to make them long enough.

While attempting to get the springs out I realized I couldn't get the shackle bolt out with the service bed on it. So I drilled a hole in the service bed to get to it......... The nut promptly rounded off. It was at that point that I determined the springs would have to be cut off and that project was going to wait till the service bed was gone. So I welded the stock spring back together and bolted everything back up minus the overload spring due to the newly shortened U-bolts.

Image

Image

So now that thats all sorted out and I replaced all the missing brake parts, it's time to build radius arms and mounts for these.

Image
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by tcm glx »

Are those Dirt Logic shocks off a superduty? 10" stroke?
Will that work on the front?
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by BDKW1 »

Yes, they come in 3 lengths, Roughly 7-8-9" travels. These are 8". Should get about 11" of wheel travel. Since a SD is a strait axle and I'm TTB, they should end up being a little softer than on a SD. Should be real close though.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Barge #3.......... Eventually........

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Wanna make 2 sets of Rad arms? Or at least just make a fixture & let me borrow it... I'm getting lazy in my old age - haha.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Post Reply