Roll Cages... multiple threads merged
- Deleted Account
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 pm
- Bronco Info: depends on what day
- Location: Ramona, California
Re: Cage Pictures
Site still down, but the photobucket link works. 
Mark Kiefer
Southwest Performance
858-449-2292
http://www.southwestperformance.net
Pics
http://www.photobucket.com/home/southwe ... /allalbums
http://www.facebook.com/SouthwestPerformance
Southwest Performance
858-449-2292
http://www.southwestperformance.net
Pics
http://www.photobucket.com/home/southwe ... /allalbums
http://www.facebook.com/SouthwestPerformance
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Cage Pictures
So it does. Browsing instead of working now...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Cage Pictures
I once posted a link with all of these on afsb, I'll see if I can find and bring it over.
- TrevorPiggott
- Posts: 134
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:16 pm
- Bronco Info: 99 F250 and a 1994 I started building but spends too much time sitting untouched...
- Location: Folsom,CA
Re: Cage Pictures
Checking it out right now, thanks!tcm glx wrote:Check out mar keifers photobucket. He has a link to it on his sig here. He has some of the nicest cage builds up on their.
keep 'em coming everyone!
Be nice to me, I'm learning....and slow in the head...
-
shockseals.com
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
- Location: San Dimas
- Contact:
Re: Cage Pictures
The green/tan bronco A and B pillars are nicest I have seen for a truck that kept some interior...nice work.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: Cage Pictures
FSB has a roll cage thread in 89 - 96 tech..... some do's and dont's on how to build a cage. Lots of pics too. try there 
- TrevorPiggott
- Posts: 134
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:16 pm
- Bronco Info: 99 F250 and a 1994 I started building but spends too much time sitting untouched...
- Location: Folsom,CA
Re: Cage Pictures
Will do, thanks!AusBroncodoc wrote:FSB has a roll cage thread in 89 - 96 tech..... some do's and dont's on how to build a cage. Lots of pics too. try there
Be nice to me, I'm learning....and slow in the head...
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: Cage Pictures
Sorry, its in Tech Write ups, D'oh!
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Cage Pictures
To bring up an old thread, what do you guys think of this cage? Something simple, I just want to know I'm going to walk away.
http://extremecustomparts.com/i-6130877 ... 80-96.html
http://extremecustomparts.com/i-6130877 ... 80-96.html
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Re: Cage Pictures
I am pretty sure this cage does not tie into the frame. As for a cage you get what you pay for.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Cage Pictures
I could build outriggers to tie the cage into the frame.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Re: Cage Pictures
It doesn't seem to tie into the frame, but thats somthing that could be added later, or at least use this for a foundation for the cage. I really like this prebent weld in and just tie into frame yourself. Seems like a really good price for the product, depending on shipping.
-
shockseals.com
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
- Location: San Dimas
- Contact:
Re: Cage Pictures
notching and welding takes way more time than bending. 2" is ridiculous unless you need a score safety tag.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Cage Pictures
It's a shame no one makes a really nice sturdy roll-bar for Broncos. It would be great to have the option of increased protection without committing to a full cage. I've considered building a bushing mounted roll-bar that attaches on three points per side then with a removable diagonal or cross-bar. I was thinking tie in to the top of the leaf shackle and outboard of the body mount (a-la-Autofab) with the two tubes tapering into eachother and into the top tube. Then one back to the the frame near the shackle.
I think it would add significant protection without ruining the truck with a cage.
I think it would add significant protection without ruining the truck with a cage.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Cage Pictures
Theres a guy in Wildomar that builds cages out of 1.75 dom for 1375. I was thinking that route because your right, I don't want to sacrifice the room that a 2" cage does take up.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Cage Pictures
1375 is a good price. the prebent stuff usually gpes around the dash which takes up tons of room.
come up salmon fishing the summer and we can do one here and drive it home after....
haha
save your money and have Mark do it..
come up salmon fishing the summer and we can do one here and drive it home after....
save your money and have Mark do it..
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Cage Pictures
Hahahah this guy does some good work. I've been looking at it all. Really nice stuff. It'll run me closer to 2,000.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Cage Pictures
2000 is still a good price.....
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Cage Pictures
I agree, and its 1.75" .120 dom which works well for me. All he deals with is roll cages bumpers sliders etc. Thats what he does 5 days a week.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Cage Pictures
hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I agree, and its 1.75" .120 dom which works well for me. All he deals with is roll cages bumpers sliders etc. Thats what he does 5 days a week.
Pics or links to his work? Whats the name of the shop?
