Roll Cages... multiple threads merged

User avatar
Deleted Account
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 pm
Bronco Info: depends on what day
Location: Ramona, California

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by Deleted Account »

Site still down, but the photobucket link works. ;)
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

So it does. Browsing instead of working now...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by tcm glx »

I once posted a link with all of these on afsb, I'll see if I can find and bring it over.
User avatar
TrevorPiggott
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:16 pm
Bronco Info: 99 F250 and a 1994 I started building but spends too much time sitting untouched...
Location: Folsom,CA

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by TrevorPiggott »

tcm glx wrote:Check out mar keifers photobucket. He has a link to it on his sig here. He has some of the nicest cage builds up on their.
Checking it out right now, thanks!

keep 'em coming everyone! :D
Be nice to me, I'm learning....and slow in the head...
shockseals.com
Posts: 1116
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
Location: San Dimas
Contact:

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by shockseals.com »

The green/tan bronco A and B pillars are nicest I have seen for a truck that kept some interior...nice work.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by AussieRod »

FSB has a roll cage thread in 89 - 96 tech..... some do's and dont's on how to build a cage. Lots of pics too. try there :mrgreen:
User avatar
TrevorPiggott
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:16 pm
Bronco Info: 99 F250 and a 1994 I started building but spends too much time sitting untouched...
Location: Folsom,CA

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by TrevorPiggott »

AusBroncodoc wrote:FSB has a roll cage thread in 89 - 96 tech..... some do's and dont's on how to build a cage. Lots of pics too. try there :mrgreen:
Will do, thanks!
Be nice to me, I'm learning....and slow in the head...
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by AussieRod »

Sorry, its in Tech Write ups, D'oh!
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

To bring up an old thread, what do you guys think of this cage? Something simple, I just want to know I'm going to walk away.

http://extremecustomparts.com/i-6130877 ... 80-96.html
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
damon1272
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by damon1272 »

I am pretty sure this cage does not tie into the frame. As for a cage you get what you pay for.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I could build outriggers to tie the cage into the frame.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
4eyelove
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:57 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bronco 351w e4od

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by 4eyelove »

It doesn't seem to tie into the frame, but thats somthing that could be added later, or at least use this for a foundation for the cage. I really like this prebent weld in and just tie into frame yourself. Seems like a really good price for the product, depending on shipping.
shockseals.com
Posts: 1116
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
Location: San Dimas
Contact:

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by shockseals.com »

notching and welding takes way more time than bending. 2" is ridiculous unless you need a score safety tag.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by SteveG »

It's a shame no one makes a really nice sturdy roll-bar for Broncos. It would be great to have the option of increased protection without committing to a full cage. I've considered building a bushing mounted roll-bar that attaches on three points per side then with a removable diagonal or cross-bar. I was thinking tie in to the top of the leaf shackle and outboard of the body mount (a-la-Autofab) with the two tubes tapering into eachother and into the top tube. Then one back to the the frame near the shackle.

I think it would add significant protection without ruining the truck with a cage.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Theres a guy in Wildomar that builds cages out of 1.75 dom for 1375. I was thinking that route because your right, I don't want to sacrifice the room that a 2" cage does take up.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by bajascott »

1375 is a good price. the prebent stuff usually gpes around the dash which takes up tons of room.
come up salmon fishing the summer and we can do one here and drive it home after.... :) haha
save your money and have Mark do it..
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Hahahah this guy does some good work. I've been looking at it all. Really nice stuff. It'll run me closer to 2,000.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by bajascott »

2000 is still a good price.....
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I agree, and its 1.75" .120 dom which works well for me. All he deals with is roll cages bumpers sliders etc. Thats what he does 5 days a week.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Cage Pictures

Post by tcm glx »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I agree, and its 1.75" .120 dom which works well for me. All he deals with is roll cages bumpers sliders etc. Thats what he does 5 days a week.

Pics or links to his work? Whats the name of the shop?
Post Reply