Day job

User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Day job

Post by tcm glx »

redwagon wrote:
SteveG wrote:Welcome, Tim!

I'm a service advisor at an independent repair shop.
Thanks for the welcome Steve...

Whats up Tim!! So you gonna start a thread with the convertible Bronco!!
User avatar
Brett Frederickson
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:40 am

Re: Day job

Post by Brett Frederickson »

Lexus service advisor by day.
Class1racing.com team manager/driver/logistics/prep and anything else that damn one car needs, shes worse than a woman.
baja-chris wrote:
Just add $40k and you could have a nice $25k bronco!
User avatar
magic carpet XLT
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:01 pm
Location: santa cruz

Re: Day job

Post by magic carpet XLT »

i am a waiter, volunteer FF and hope to find work with my EMT license soon.
User avatar
denhabr
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:56 pm
Bronco Info: '96 XL 5.0L/E4OD "Autofab" Preunnner/Chase Truck by Utah's Ojive Industries & dp custom fab
Location: Sandy, Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: Day job

Post by denhabr »

Software consultant and project manager with Big Blue...

(Big Blue = IBM) ;)
Last edited by denhabr on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
__________________
Brad
Sandy (SLC), Utah

'96 XL 5.0L/E4OD Preunnner/Chase Truck by Ojive Industries (HoleShotOffroad) & dp custom fab
Autofab Mastercraft RaceRunner Bassani Magnaflow Hella Generals Yukon EatonTT AACS PATC FRPP Accel
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Day job

Post by SteveG »

Big Blue?

How come everyone else's jobs sound so much cooler?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
Rednek Renegade
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:53 pm
Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco Xlt 5.8L 4V H.O. C6, NP2o8
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, So.Cal
Contact:

Re: Day job

Post by Rednek Renegade »

SteveG wrote:Big Blue?

How come everyone else's jobs sound so much cooler?
I was thinkin that since page 1. :shock:
Project el cheap-o
Stimpy
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:03 am

Re: Day job

Post by Stimpy »

I drive a Beer Truck + Race car hauler for Steve Sourapas.
"I only drive as fast as I can see!"........-Jack Burtain
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: Day job

Post by bajascott »

Stimpy wrote:I drive a Beer Truck + Race car hauler for Steve Sourapas.
your job has two of the three things i would like to have in a job.....
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: Day job

Post by yikes »

Stimpy wrote:I drive a Beer Truck + Race car hauler for Steve Sourapas.
OK. Stimpy whenever you take part in GFB get togethers, trips, bbq's, dinner and a movie, etc., we only ask one thing....
User avatar
baja-chris
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Day job

Post by baja-chris »

I'm in semiconductors - engineering and operations (done some sales too), a couple of successful startups under my belt. I'm also involved in Bluwood coated lumber http://www.ecobluproducts.com
User avatar
ntsqd
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 pm
Bronco Info: '70 Early Bronco SuperCab Shortbed Pick-up "Bronc-up" aka "Frank(entruck)", '96 OJB "Blanc-Oh!"
Location: upper SoCA

Re: Day job

Post by ntsqd »

SteveG wrote:How come everyone else's jobs sound so much cooler?
Before you get too envious, I've been told by a higher-up that he isn't sure that our company has funding through the end of the year. If that is the case I've 3 days of employment left and no firm prospects.
Cross-threaded is tighter than Lock-Tite.
redwagon
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:29 pm

Re: Day job

Post by redwagon »

tcm glx wrote:
redwagon wrote:
SteveG wrote:Welcome, Tim!

I'm a service advisor at an independent repair shop.
Thanks for the welcome Steve...

Whats up Tim!! So you gonna start a thread with the convertible Bronco!!
I will post up some pics but no real build thread....its more of a crawler that Bspeeder....
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

What do you do for work?

Post by Nick »

Just curious what some of you guys do, that enables you to feed the go fast addiction.

I'm an equipment operator, and member of I.U.O.E local 12. I run excavators, backhoes, dozers, just about any dirt work machineary. I do underground utilities such as sewer, water, gas, and storm drain.

The current job i'm on is down at the port of Long Beach. The first phase is the storm drain.

Right now, i'm running a loader.
Image

Pipe rigged up, and ready to go in.
Image
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Drilim
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:28 pm
Bronco Info: 94
Location: Jupiter, Fl

Re: What do you do for work?

Post by Drilim »

I started working as an apprentice/summer job type deal for a friend of the family when I was 16 building custom sportfish boats. Took classes in electrical and some networking(cisco). I loved the environment, the work and the progress of watching something start at wood and rolls of glass to a custom one-off, Rolls Royce of the sea. By the time I was 21, I was laying out electrical systems, designing panels to manage loads, and blah blah.

This was a 3 year build. 86' 3-2400hp MTU diesels, Just shy of 6800 gallons fuel capacity/1200 water. Did just under 52 knots. Way out of the norm, way to conceptual. Way to much money.

Image

Image

Just like everyone else, we got slow and took time cuts and some off days. I got hooked up with a few guys I had met while working on another build and now I'm doing strictly electronics. Small operation, Low overhead, nothing to big or small. Its been quite a change of pace but a huge learning curve.

Image

Image
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: What do you do for work?

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'm a Landscape Architect working with/for a local design/build guy. I'm an independent contractor, but on a salary type setup with him and carry his card - so to the outside world I am his employee. I'm pretty much a hired gun.

I sit behind the computer doing cad mainly (finishing an irrigation plan right now for a submittal tomorrow), but also run the field/install crew from time to time.

Here's a couple pics I took today of a spec. house we are wrapping up in Crystal Cove. Not great pics as there still is construction stuff everywhere, but small details I could get decent pics of without too many cords, tools or trash in the way.
Attachments
1 087.jpg
1 087.jpg (90.2 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
1 086.jpg
1 086.jpg (93.61 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
1 085.jpg
1 085.jpg (95.53 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
1 082.jpg
1 082.jpg (94.47 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: What do you do for work?

Post by tcm glx »

I have been in sales for the last 15 years, mostly in leadership roles. Currently work for ADP (the payroll company, not the home alarm company).

For those who do not know ADP, pretty large corporation, they focus on paying people (1 in 6 americans) and make money off the payroll (Called float). We move around 9 Trillion a year.

I run the sales, pricing and contracts for one of their divisions, supporting the national sales team. Cool part of my gig is I get to work with some of the largets employers (Wal Mart, Home Depot, Starbucks) to create a solution to help them with their internal payroll process. I get to travel to random corporate headquarters when we are pitching products.

Prior to ADP, 10 years in Telecommunication Sales (AT&T, Cingular, etc etc)
User avatar
gunit
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: What do you do for work?

Post by gunit »

I sell shotguns, like this one:
DGJ ad pic piotti 1.jpg
DGJ ad pic piotti 1.jpg (271.36 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: What do you do for work?

Post by philofab »

I live off of unemployment. Occasionally I hold someone up, or as I like to call it "Roll them".
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: What do you do for work?

Post by SteveG »

gunit wrote:I sell shotguns, like this one....
Dave, I've browsed your inventory in the past. Some of those are just insane. I can't believe people actually fire them!


By the way, haven't we already done this?

http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... p?f=5&t=61

Merging threads....
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Day job

Post by BDKW1 »

I make parts, parts is parts.........
Post Reply