HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
I've been on here for the past few months and haven't posted my build yet so I thought I'd go ahead and at least write it up before I go home tonight to take pics.
Engine:
5.8 with looowww oil pressure. Never heats up but its tired.
4 row radiator with an external electric fan.
k&n intake (hate it)
3" exhaust system with doug thorley headers
drivetrain
new rear drive line
8.8 complete rebuild w/ 4.11 g2 gears & detroit locker
e4od trans
manual locking hubs with posi front diff
d44 r&p 4.09
suspension (currently on)
deaver front 5.5 coils
deaver j40 springs (stock shackles)
heimed radius arms from threat motorsports
currently bought but havent put on yet:
coil buckets
saw 2.5 x 14" remote resi's
long travel shackles
interior:
herculiner from under rear bench seat back
repainting all interior parts
front bucket seats (reclinable from kragen)
CB (not a race radio unfortunately)
exterior
cheapo light bar with hella 7700's hid conversions
16" eagle alloy rims w/ pro comp xt tires.
front clip is off, easier to take the engine out.
Engine:
5.8 with looowww oil pressure. Never heats up but its tired.
4 row radiator with an external electric fan.
k&n intake (hate it)
3" exhaust system with doug thorley headers
drivetrain
new rear drive line
8.8 complete rebuild w/ 4.11 g2 gears & detroit locker
e4od trans
manual locking hubs with posi front diff
d44 r&p 4.09
suspension (currently on)
deaver front 5.5 coils
deaver j40 springs (stock shackles)
heimed radius arms from threat motorsports
currently bought but havent put on yet:
coil buckets
saw 2.5 x 14" remote resi's
long travel shackles
interior:
herculiner from under rear bench seat back
repainting all interior parts
front bucket seats (reclinable from kragen)
CB (not a race radio unfortunately)
exterior
cheapo light bar with hella 7700's hid conversions
16" eagle alloy rims w/ pro comp xt tires.
front clip is off, easier to take the engine out.
- Attachments
-
- SDC10104a.JPG (115.72 KiB) Viewed 8604 times
Last edited by hobbyturnedobsession on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
** UPDATE ** Motor is shot. Was goin to take pics of it but now its sitting up the hill so when I get back I'm yankin the motor out and buying a long block. Any suggestions?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
-
shockseals.com
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
- Location: San Dimas
- Contact:
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
thank you, ill look into it.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
some new pics i thought i'd add
- Attachments
-
- sorry it took so long but heres a pic of the coil buckets you guys tipped me off to.
- coilbucketg_picture.jpg (257.29 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
-
- shock2_picture.jpg (213.53 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
-
- shock1_picture.jpg (224.49 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
-
- and here are those bottom mount piggyback resis that i asked about
- piggy shocks_picture.jpg (228.39 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Looking good! When does the motor build start?
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
i yanked the engine last night. ill take pics this weekend. im cleaning everything because of all the leaks. Found out when we pulled off the intake there was oil in the water. Hopefully the following weekend. I'll take more pics as soon as I get over where my truck is at.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Your off to a good start Randy, have fun building it!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Thanks guys, your right Nick, its the most fun I've had working on a project. Its addicting!
Also, I'm going to clean the throttle body. 150,000 and it looks pretty dirty. I was reading Yikes's build on fsb and was thinking about tinkering with the butterflies and what not. Could I get some input? And one more thing, I need heim spacers for the shocks I picked up. Any Ideas?
Also, I'm going to clean the throttle body. 150,000 and it looks pretty dirty. I was reading Yikes's build on fsb and was thinking about tinkering with the butterflies and what not. Could I get some input? And one more thing, I need heim spacers for the shocks I picked up. Any Ideas?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Anyone have an idea where i can get the heim spacers for my shocks on the rear? When I got them, they didnt come with any.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- Andy Jones
- Posts: 2209
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
- Bronco Info: In the Works!
- Location: Canyon Lake,ca
- Contact:
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
if your talking about the Alignment cams. you can get them at ORW in temecula or Kartek in Corona.hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Anyone have an idea where i can get the heim spacers for my shocks on the rear? When I got them, they didnt come with any.
-Andy
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Thank you, I thought so but I wasn't sure and havent had a chance to call them.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Got some time this weekend to tinker.
- Attachments
-
- passenger side
- SDC10124.JPG (239.7 KiB) Viewed 8546 times
-
- drivers side
- SDC10115.JPG (232.49 KiB) Viewed 8546 times
-
- pesky coil buckets
- SDC10108.JPG (274.67 KiB) Viewed 8546 times
-
- ok guys take it easy its my first time fabricating shock mounts.
- SDC10113.JPG (292.67 KiB) Viewed 8546 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
and a few more
- Attachments
-
- finished coil buckets
- SDC10126.JPG (250.65 KiB) Viewed 8546 times
-
- engine
- SDC10118.JPG (285.22 KiB) Viewed 8546 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
I need some advice. I need to add 90 degree swivel on the resevoir hose. Can you guys give me some advice as to how to do this?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
I finished the upper portion of the intake. I think it came out pretty well.
- Attachments
-
- intake.jpg (160.17 KiB) Viewed 8510 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
I was wondering, how do I put in 90 degree swivels on the resi hoses?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
So, the engine will be in next week. A roller motor. Thank you guys for the advise. Also, a new filter with the dry charger, power steering pump and lines, gaskets, motor mounts (the super duty's from bronco graveyard) and some new headlights should be in order. Also, 90* swivels for the resis, shock oil (just in case) and some other odds and ends. More info after this weekend.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
NICE, you are going to have a very nice ride when you are done..
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Thank you. If it wasnt for this site, I'd have no idea what direction to go in. I can't wait to see it run again. I'm hoping next weekend I can drive it home.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
