HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I've been on here for the past few months and haven't posted my build yet so I thought I'd go ahead and at least write it up before I go home tonight to take pics.

Engine:
5.8 with looowww oil pressure. Never heats up but its tired.
4 row radiator with an external electric fan.
k&n intake (hate it)
3" exhaust system with doug thorley headers

drivetrain
new rear drive line
8.8 complete rebuild w/ 4.11 g2 gears & detroit locker
e4od trans
manual locking hubs with posi front diff
d44 r&p 4.09

suspension (currently on)
deaver front 5.5 coils
deaver j40 springs (stock shackles)
heimed radius arms from threat motorsports

currently bought but havent put on yet:
coil buckets
saw 2.5 x 14" remote resi's
long travel shackles

interior:
herculiner from under rear bench seat back
repainting all interior parts
front bucket seats (reclinable from kragen)
CB (not a race radio unfortunately)

exterior
cheapo light bar with hella 7700's hid conversions
16" eagle alloy rims w/ pro comp xt tires.
mms_picture(2).jpg
mms_picture(2).jpg (245.83 KiB) Viewed 8772 times

front clip is off, easier to take the engine out.
Attachments
SDC10104a.JPG
SDC10104a.JPG (115.72 KiB) Viewed 8606 times
Last edited by hobbyturnedobsession on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

** UPDATE ** Motor is shot. Was goin to take pics of it but now its sitting up the hill so when I get back I'm yankin the motor out and buying a long block. Any suggestions?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
shockseals.com
Posts: 1116
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
Location: San Dimas
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by shockseals.com »

ATK reman motor.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

thank you, ill look into it.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

some new pics i thought i'd add
Attachments
sorry it took so long but heres a pic of the coil buckets you guys tipped me off to.
sorry it took so long but heres a pic of the coil buckets you guys tipped me off to.
coilbucketg_picture.jpg (257.29 KiB) Viewed 8750 times
shock2_picture.jpg
shock2_picture.jpg (213.53 KiB) Viewed 8750 times
shock1_picture.jpg
shock1_picture.jpg (224.49 KiB) Viewed 8750 times
and here are those bottom mount piggyback resis that i asked about
and here are those bottom mount piggyback resis that i asked about
piggy shocks_picture.jpg (228.39 KiB) Viewed 8750 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by tcm glx »

Looking good! When does the motor build start?
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

i yanked the engine last night. ill take pics this weekend. im cleaning everything because of all the leaks. Found out when we pulled off the intake there was oil in the water. Hopefully the following weekend. I'll take more pics as soon as I get over where my truck is at.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by Nick »

Your off to a good start Randy, have fun building it!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Thanks guys, your right Nick, its the most fun I've had working on a project. Its addicting!
Also, I'm going to clean the throttle body. 150,000 and it looks pretty dirty. I was reading Yikes's build on fsb and was thinking about tinkering with the butterflies and what not. Could I get some input? And one more thing, I need heim spacers for the shocks I picked up. Any Ideas?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Anyone have an idea where i can get the heim spacers for my shocks on the rear? When I got them, they didnt come with any.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by Andy Jones »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Anyone have an idea where i can get the heim spacers for my shocks on the rear? When I got them, they didnt come with any.
if your talking about the Alignment cams. you can get them at ORW in temecula or Kartek in Corona.
-Andy
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Thank you, I thought so but I wasn't sure and havent had a chance to call them.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Got some time this weekend to tinker.
Attachments
passenger side
passenger side
SDC10124.JPG (239.7 KiB) Viewed 8548 times
drivers side
drivers side
SDC10115.JPG (232.49 KiB) Viewed 8548 times
pesky coil buckets
pesky coil buckets
SDC10108.JPG (274.67 KiB) Viewed 8548 times
ok guys take it easy its my first time fabricating shock mounts.
ok guys take it easy its my first time fabricating shock mounts.
SDC10113.JPG (292.67 KiB) Viewed 8548 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

and a few more
Attachments
finished coil buckets
finished coil buckets
SDC10126.JPG (250.65 KiB) Viewed 8548 times
engine
engine
SDC10118.JPG (285.22 KiB) Viewed 8548 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I need some advice. I need to add 90 degree swivel on the resevoir hose. Can you guys give me some advice as to how to do this?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I finished the upper portion of the intake. I think it came out pretty well.
Attachments
intake.jpg
intake.jpg (160.17 KiB) Viewed 8512 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I was wondering, how do I put in 90 degree swivels on the resi hoses?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

So, the engine will be in next week. A roller motor. Thank you guys for the advise. Also, a new filter with the dry charger, power steering pump and lines, gaskets, motor mounts (the super duty's from bronco graveyard) and some new headlights should be in order. Also, 90* swivels for the resis, shock oil (just in case) and some other odds and ends. More info after this weekend.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by bajascott »

NICE, you are going to have a very nice ride when you are done..
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Thank you. If it wasnt for this site, I'd have no idea what direction to go in. I can't wait to see it run again. I'm hoping next weekend I can drive it home.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Post Reply