Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by Rmc »

I bought the peel n seal brand from my local Home Depot roofing dept.i covered the entire trucks floor, it was a 50% noise reduction right off the bat. No odor either. It's a lot thinner than the dynamat but is a cost effective solution. I do believe dynamat works better but for the cost it's hard to argue with peel n seal.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by Rmc »

My only wish with this brand of product is that I could find it locally in larger the 6" roll widths
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Has anyone tried this stuff from Home Depot. It is $18.77 a roll. Which is about a $1.25 a square foot.
I just used it on some kitchen vent ducting.

4Image
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by cs_drums »

I found these are the best for cutting down the noise....Image
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by cs_drums »

I did a ton of research on sound proofing/deadening. Mass is what kills sound. Dynamat/pealnseal/etc. are primarily for cutting out resonance but also add mass as well. Mass load vinyl is what will actually block sound. It is not cheap.
User avatar
1Hondalover
Posts: 819
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 2:30 pm
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....
Location: Santa Clarita

Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by 1Hondalover »

cs_drums wrote:I found these are the best for cutting down the noise....Image
Have to respectively disagree. I've found these to be the best for cutting down the noise.....and I just put 1,200 miles on them to prove it.
Rugged Radios H42-ULT-MD.jpg
Rugged Radios H42-ULT-MD.jpg (31.77 KiB) Viewed 570 times
Just kidding. You're right.....I was not a believer until this last trip. Thank God for an intercom.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by cs_drums »

Are those the noise canceling ones?
User avatar
1Hondalover
Posts: 819
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 2:30 pm
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....
Location: Santa Clarita

Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by 1Hondalover »

Yes Sir.

Features:
• Carbon Fiber style finish
• Dynamic noise cancelling mic
• Hard wired coil cord
• Molded Offroad plug
• Large comfortable gel ear seals
• Cloth ear covers
• Easy to use volume control
User avatar
funinthesun95
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by funinthesun95 »

I do Agree

I have the intercom works very well..... well worth the cost

I still like to drive My beauty non head set some times and, I will never kill the bypass noise and I like bypass

so

Just looking for improvement

Thanks for the Feedback
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Rmc wrote:My only wish with this brand of product is that I could find it locally in larger the 6" roll widths
Robert - Peal n Seal is a bituthane product. Often referred to as "bitch-a-thane" by contractors because it sticks to everything. It's a self adhesive waterproofing mat. If you want a wider roll try a white cap or larger/industrial type construction supply place. They should have rolls up to 36" wide I think. They use the stuff for waterproofing on concrete walls, etc. and you know damn well those guys aren't just rolling up 6" wide sections at a time!
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by tcm glx »

2 yrs in with FATMAT, and I still love it!! Bronco is quiet enough to keep a conversation going at any speed.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet

Post by Rmc »

Thanks Steve, good to know. I was thinking of doubling it up but like I said the 6" at a time thing is bs.
Post Reply