Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet
I bought the peel n seal brand from my local Home Depot roofing dept.i covered the entire trucks floor, it was a 50% noise reduction right off the bat. No odor either. It's a lot thinner than the dynamat but is a cost effective solution. I do believe dynamat works better but for the cost it's hard to argue with peel n seal.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet
My only wish with this brand of product is that I could find it locally in larger the 6" roll widths
- Wrightracing.net
- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
- Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet
Has anyone tried this stuff from Home Depot. It is $18.77 a roll. Which is about a $1.25 a square foot.
I just used it on some kitchen vent ducting.
4
I just used it on some kitchen vent ducting.
4

-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet
I found these are the best for cutting down the noise....

-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet
I did a ton of research on sound proofing/deadening. Mass is what kills sound. Dynamat/pealnseal/etc. are primarily for cutting out resonance but also add mass as well. Mass load vinyl is what will actually block sound. It is not cheap.
- 1Hondalover
- Posts: 819
- Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 2:30 pm
- Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....
- Location: Santa Clarita
Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet
Have to respectively disagree. I've found these to be the best for cutting down the noise.....and I just put 1,200 miles on them to prove it.cs_drums wrote:I found these are the best for cutting down the noise....
Just kidding. You're right.....I was not a believer until this last trip. Thank God for an intercom.
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet
Are those the noise canceling ones?
- 1Hondalover
- Posts: 819
- Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 2:30 pm
- Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....
- Location: Santa Clarita
Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet
Yes Sir.
Features:
• Carbon Fiber style finish
• Dynamic noise cancelling mic
• Hard wired coil cord
• Molded Offroad plug
• Large comfortable gel ear seals
• Cloth ear covers
• Easy to use volume control
Features:
• Carbon Fiber style finish
• Dynamic noise cancelling mic
• Hard wired coil cord
• Molded Offroad plug
• Large comfortable gel ear seals
• Cloth ear covers
• Easy to use volume control
- funinthesun95
- Posts: 1701
- Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet
I do Agree
I have the intercom works very well..... well worth the cost
I still like to drive My beauty non head set some times and, I will never kill the bypass noise and I like bypass
so
Just looking for improvement
Thanks for the Feedback
I have the intercom works very well..... well worth the cost
I still like to drive My beauty non head set some times and, I will never kill the bypass noise and I like bypass
so
Just looking for improvement
Thanks for the Feedback
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet
Robert - Peal n Seal is a bituthane product. Often referred to as "bitch-a-thane" by contractors because it sticks to everything. It's a self adhesive waterproofing mat. If you want a wider roll try a white cap or larger/industrial type construction supply place. They should have rolls up to 36" wide I think. They use the stuff for waterproofing on concrete walls, etc. and you know damn well those guys aren't just rolling up 6" wide sections at a time!Rmc wrote:My only wish with this brand of product is that I could find it locally in larger the 6" roll widths
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet
2 yrs in with FATMAT, and I still love it!! Bronco is quiet enough to keep a conversation going at any speed.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Dynomat, peel n seal , and b-quiet
Thanks Steve, good to know. I was thinking of doubling it up but like I said the 6" at a time thing is bs.
