1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
-
jkrell
- Posts: 232
- Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:09 am
- Bronco Info: Ford F150 Flareside
- Location: So Cal
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
Looks great!
-
dtbback
- Posts: 1677
- Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
Looks awesome!!! Are you linking it?
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
Thanks man. Would look better if you dropped that flareside bed off at my house.jkrell wrote:Looks great!
Not yet. I am trying to figure out what the fuss is all about with these leaf springs things. As of now I think they are stupid and I am fighting ever urge not to throw them in the trash. But I will see these though to the end and get an idea how to get it dialed.dtbback wrote:Looks awesome!!! Are you linking it?
-
dtbback
- Posts: 1677
- Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
Hahaha well I'm sure either way it's going to be awesome! Did you see the front gas tank mod jkrell did on his step side? If you link it I am sure that is well within your capabilities.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
Looking good man. I dig that style bed cage.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
Looks good.
What brand shocks are on the rear & where are the lower mounts? They look a little inboard to be mounted off the top of the spring pad like many people do.
What brand shocks are on the rear & where are the lower mounts? They look a little inboard to be mounted off the top of the spring pad like many people do.
-
dtbback
- Posts: 1677
- Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
Your fab work is always drool worthy. And those polished bypasses are ADOS ( attention deficit ooo shiny) triggering haha!
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
Thanks man. I wish it didn't look like I take pictures with a pager. I always hate the way my stuff looks in pictures.
-
dtbback
- Posts: 1677
- Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
I don't know man. Not sure if your pics would get any better looking. Even with a bikini girl. As long as she isn't in the way lol.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
Maybe I missed it, but what are the tubes and tabs at the back of the bed cage for?
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
I figured they were for stand up spares but had no idea you had such a cool lock down feature!
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
Thanks man, I am not a huge fan of the stand up spares like this, but I wanted the bed to stay open. I stared at the spare mounts for hours trying to figure out how to make them lockable without using a cable. I really wanted it to be a pain in the ass for anyone thinking about taking them. Plus the motto in Merced is "Little Town feel, with big city crime" haha. If your stuff is not bolted down or locked it's probably getting taken.
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
let see a full body shot with the spares ; )
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
I'll get one tomorrow.cs_drums wrote:let see a full body shot with the spares ; )
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
I think your idea is rad & should work well!otter wrote:Thanks man, I am not a huge fan of the stand up spares like this, but I wanted the bed to stay open. I stared at the spare mounts for hours trying to figure out how to make them lockable without using a cable. I really wanted it to be a pain in the ass for anyone thinking about taking them. Plus the motto in Merced is "Little Town feel, with big city crime" haha. If your stuff is not bolted down or locked it's probably getting taken.
As for Merced... I know this as that is where my trailer was stored & used by a buddy for a while. He owns a bunch of properties up there & is trying to sell & get out. Lots of crap up there... My trailer came back with a bit of "tagging" on the fenders. Looks like someone grabbed a rock or something & scratched it in. Kind of like the crap you see in bathrooms at fast food places in ghetto neighborhoods. This is where I'm a big fan of corporal punishment. Get caught tagging once & get a fine & community service. 2nd time = a bit of jail time with more community service. 3rd time chop off a finger. 4th time & the thumb goes as it's very hard to hold a spray can or knife to carve something without a thumb! Low life scum with no respect for other people's belongings...!
Sorry, that went sideways fast! haha.
Back to talk about the cool spare holders.
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
HAHA! I am on the same page. Can't wait to leave here. Should be moving somewhere by June. Fingers crossed. 4 years is way to long to live here. The Central Valley as a whole is a pretty crappy place. Hopefully I can get back to southern California.
- cypher
- Posts: 218
- Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm
- Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension
Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)
Awesome work as usual! I enjoy following your build. Thanks












