1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

jkrell
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:09 am
Bronco Info: Ford F150 Flareside
Location: So Cal

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by jkrell »

Looks great!
dtbback
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by dtbback »

Looks awesome!!! Are you linking it?
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

jkrell wrote:Looks great!
Thanks man. Would look better if you dropped that flareside bed off at my house. :D
dtbback wrote:Looks awesome!!! Are you linking it?
Not yet. I am trying to figure out what the fuss is all about with these leaf springs things. As of now I think they are stupid and I am fighting ever urge not to throw them in the trash. But I will see these though to the end and get an idea how to get it dialed.
dtbback
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by dtbback »

Hahaha well I'm sure either way it's going to be awesome! Did you see the front gas tank mod jkrell did on his step side? If you link it I am sure that is well within your capabilities.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by Rmc »

Looking good man. I dig that style bed cage.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

Got my bedcage done and reinstalled in the truck.

Image
Image
Image

Also got my steering built. All the major fab is done, now it's time to tear her apart clean and paint.

Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Looks good.

What brand shocks are on the rear & where are the lower mounts? They look a little inboard to be mounted off the top of the spring pad like many people do.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

They are 3.5 5 tube FOA's. Mounted right on top of the spring plate.
Image
dtbback
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by dtbback »

Your fab work is always drool worthy. And those polished bypasses are ADOS ( attention deficit ooo shiny) triggering haha!
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

Thanks man. I wish it didn't look like I take pictures with a pager. I always hate the way my stuff looks in pictures.
dtbback
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by dtbback »

I don't know man. Not sure if your pics would get any better looking. Even with a bikini girl. As long as she isn't in the way lol.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by SteveG »

Maybe I missed it, but what are the tubes and tabs at the back of the bed cage for?
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

Nope never showed why they are there. It's set up for two stand up spares. The tabs are for the racket strap and a lock system.

The tube portion slides through the center of the wheel into a boss and uses a 5/8 lockable hitch pin. The top hole on the tad is for the racket strap.

Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I figured they were for stand up spares but had no idea you had such a cool lock down feature!
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

Thanks man, I am not a huge fan of the stand up spares like this, but I wanted the bed to stay open. I stared at the spare mounts for hours trying to figure out how to make them lockable without using a cable. I really wanted it to be a pain in the ass for anyone thinking about taking them. Plus the motto in Merced is "Little Town feel, with big city crime" haha. If your stuff is not bolted down or locked it's probably getting taken.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by cs_drums »

let see a full body shot with the spares ; )
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

cs_drums wrote:let see a full body shot with the spares ; )
I'll get one tomorrow.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

otter wrote:Thanks man, I am not a huge fan of the stand up spares like this, but I wanted the bed to stay open. I stared at the spare mounts for hours trying to figure out how to make them lockable without using a cable. I really wanted it to be a pain in the ass for anyone thinking about taking them. Plus the motto in Merced is "Little Town feel, with big city crime" haha. If your stuff is not bolted down or locked it's probably getting taken.
I think your idea is rad & should work well!

As for Merced... I know this as that is where my trailer was stored & used by a buddy for a while. He owns a bunch of properties up there & is trying to sell & get out. Lots of crap up there... My trailer came back with a bit of "tagging" on the fenders. Looks like someone grabbed a rock or something & scratched it in. Kind of like the crap you see in bathrooms at fast food places in ghetto neighborhoods. This is where I'm a big fan of corporal punishment. Get caught tagging once & get a fine & community service. 2nd time = a bit of jail time with more community service. 3rd time chop off a finger. 4th time & the thumb goes as it's very hard to hold a spray can or knife to carve something without a thumb! Low life scum with no respect for other people's belongings...!

Sorry, that went sideways fast! haha.

Back to talk about the cool spare holders.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by otter »

HAHA! I am on the same page. Can't wait to leave here. Should be moving somewhere by June. Fingers crossed. 4 years is way to long to live here. The Central Valley as a whole is a pretty crappy place. Hopefully I can get back to southern California.
User avatar
cypher
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Re: 1994 F150 (The wife made me do it)

Post by cypher »

Awesome work as usual! I enjoy following your build. Thanks
Post Reply