The Gun Thread
- Becks_Bronco
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm
- Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8
- Location: Antioch
Re: The Gun Thread
*really
Can us iPad users have edit back?
Can us iPad users have edit back?
- Wrightracing.net
- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
- Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
Not just Ipad. Non of us can edit.
- Becks_Bronco
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm
- Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8
- Location: Antioch
Re: The Gun Thread
Haha I know, but most computers don't randomly change your words into nonsense 
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: The Gun Thread
Philo, I love the sights, too. The ergonomics are so good for me, I can close my eyes, bring the gun up online to the target, open them and I am almost spot on every time. Rapid fire at 5M, I put all 10 rds into the 10 in about 7 seconds (in my military days, I could put all 13 from the Browning into the 10 at 5M in 7 seconds). I want the short barrelled version, but not sure they are a permitted import here. Thats our crazy fucked-up gun laws for ya. The other handgun I like is the Baikal 9mm, same as the current Russian service pistol. Thats a nice rugged semi-auto, too.philofab wrote:That right there is almost my favorite carry gun. Super under rated and I would take one over a 911 or Glock any day. I have the M9-A1 version with a handcuff key lock built in. I think it is the same with a slightly longer barrel.AussieRod wrote:Steyr S - A1 9mm Para (Steyr file picture, we arent allowed to take pics at the comp meets). OMFG!!!! I am in LOVE!!!! We are only allowed the 10 shot version here, but this is THE best handgun I have handled in a LONG time.![]()
My first 20 rds were warm up, with 5 flyers outside the 10 ring at 10m, but after that, 130 rds at 5m, 10m and 25m, only one went out of the 10 ring, into the 8 at 12 o'clock. I gotta have one of these. The fit in my hand, ergonomics, etc. are spot on, superbly accurate and reliable. It swallowed 3 boxes of Federal JHP without a single jam or mis-feed. The importer fellow says he will do me a great deal, when I am ready to buy, so I put my name down for one.
How do you like the sights? I love them, I find myself on target before my mind has even figured out what the target is.
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: The Gun Thread
I made a few bucks in Ebay sales recently, so I spoiled myself and bought a couple of new additions for my armoury.
Savage Mk II FV-SR: and a Mossberg MVP Patrol in 300 blackout: The Savage I pick up this Friday (hopefully) and the Mossberg, well, I'm waiting for our useless POS Customs to release it from bond so it can be shipped to my local dealer. Those wankers move slower than mollasses in winter, so I have to wait (up to 8 WEEKS!!!) before I get it. If sales are good next week, I'll order a MVP Pedator in 5.56 to go with them.
Savage Mk II FV-SR: and a Mossberg MVP Patrol in 300 blackout: The Savage I pick up this Friday (hopefully) and the Mossberg, well, I'm waiting for our useless POS Customs to release it from bond so it can be shipped to my local dealer. Those wankers move slower than mollasses in winter, so I have to wait (up to 8 WEEKS!!!) before I get it. If sales are good next week, I'll order a MVP Pedator in 5.56 to go with them.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
Look like nice rifles Rod, good choices.
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: The Gun Thread
Thanks, Mate.Rmc wrote:Look like nice rifles Rod, good choices.
- Wrightracing.net
- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
- Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
I got my next Build started. I am doing an AR15, 223/566 Pistol. I got a 80% lower from Aries and I am debating on a 10" or 7" upper.
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1414562368786.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1414562409553.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1414562368786.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1414562409553.jpg[/attachment]
- Attachments
-
- uploadfromtaptalk1414562409553.jpg (165.71 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
-
- uploadfromtaptalk1414562368786.jpg (215.83 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
Does the law frown on hunting from the cab of the truck Rod?
In my area they will bust you for both spotlighting and shooting from the cab.
In my area they will bust you for both spotlighting and shooting from the cab.
- Wrightracing.net
- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
- Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
I have an interesting question. On an AR15 Pistol, do I have to run a bullet button like I have had to put on my AR15 rifles here in CA? I need to do some research on that. Also I was thinking of doing 20 round magazine's blocked at 10 rounds and if the zombie apocalypse ever comes. I can Unblock them. 
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: The Gun Thread
Robert, I NEVER hunt from the road in my truck, as it is highly illegal. I only shoot from the truck on private property.Rmc wrote:Does the law frown on hunting from the cab of the truck Rod?
In my area they will bust you for both spotlighting and shooting from the cab.
Generally, as a rule, during the day, unless I'm driving the fence lines, I am on foot, stalking, or posting up at a dam or water tank
where the hogs come down to drink morning and at dusk. If I am working for a property owner culling roos, I can usually get within 100 yds at night, but sometimes 2 - 300
yd shots present themselves during the day.
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: The Gun Thread
What's the favorite 9mm?
-
D1cker1
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm
- Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior
- Location: ORANGE CUNTY, COMIFORNIA وس إنجليزي - عربي
Re: The Gun Thread
Rock island armory .45 1911
Best bang for the buck on a .45
Best bang for the buck on a .45
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: The Gun Thread
Yeah was looking at those but my buddy has a near endless supply of 9mm so I'm looking to take advantage of that.
I can't get a 1911 9mm cause that's sacrilege to me. Liked my buddies glock but I'm curious what are some other nice options
I can't get a 1911 9mm cause that's sacrilege to me. Liked my buddies glock but I'm curious what are some other nice options
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: The Gun Thread
Try the Steyr I tried in a few posts above, it's a nice handling gun and might suprise you
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: The Gun Thread
Looked at a bunch of reveiws for the styer. Everyone loves them. They seem to be super reliable and accurate. Now I just have to find one I can shoot. I heard such great things about the XD a few years back but when I shot it I hated it. Felt terrible in my hand. I really like the look of the styer as well. Astetics aren't the biggest factor but it's definitely a bonus.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Well that's gotta be the Glock but there are so many good options these days, buy what you like. I bought a couple M&P's and like them a lot but I like the Glocks just as much. The next handguns I buy will be a 9mm and a 10mm Glock. I always said I would stick to one handgun caliber but there is just something I really love about shooting the 10mm....cs_drums wrote:What's the favorite 9mm?
- Wrightracing.net
- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
- Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
I know it's not a modern gun or as light as the Glock, which I like also, but I am a big fan of the Berretta 92f 9mm but even better is the 40 caliber.
When it comes to the light weight gun's, I like the Sig Sauer X FIVE Tactical 226X5E in .40 S&W and it comes in 9mm also.
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1414740361670.jpg[/attachment]
When it comes to the light weight gun's, I like the Sig Sauer X FIVE Tactical 226X5E in .40 S&W and it comes in 9mm also.
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1414740361670.jpg[/attachment]
- Attachments
-
- uploadfromtaptalk1414740361670.jpg (55.86 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: The Gun Thread
I have about 25,000 rds through a Browning Hi-Power (yes, thats not a mistake, AT LEAST 25,000 rds) and a couple thousand through various others over the years since then, but I just couldn't get any Glock to work for me. I must have wierd hands or something. The just dont feel right. Dont get me wrong, Glocks are accurate, reliable and everyone has one, but sorry, they just don't do " it" for me. Meh, each to their own, just because I'm not a fan, doesn't mean they aren't a great gunSteveG wrote:Well that's gotta be the Glock but there are so many good options these days, buy what you like. I bought a couple M&P's and like them a lot but I like the Glocks just as much. The next handguns I buy will be a 9mm and a 10mm Glock. I always said I would stick to one handgun caliber but there is just something I really love about shooting the 10mm....cs_drums wrote:What's the favorite 9mm?
- Wrightracing.net
- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
- Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
That is kind of how I am with a 1911 .45 although the wide body frame is a little better.
