The Gun Thread

User avatar
Becks_Bronco
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8
Location: Antioch

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Becks_Bronco »

*really

Can us iPad users have edit back?
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Not just Ipad. Non of us can edit.
User avatar
Becks_Bronco
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8
Location: Antioch

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Haha I know, but most computers don't randomly change your words into nonsense :)
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

philofab wrote:
AussieRod wrote:Steyr S - A1 9mm Para (Steyr file picture, we arent allowed to take pics at the comp meets). OMFG!!!! I am in LOVE!!!! We are only allowed the 10 shot version here, but this is THE best handgun I have handled in a LONG time. :D :D My first 20 rds were warm up, with 5 flyers outside the 10 ring at 10m, but after that, 130 rds at 5m, 10m and 25m, only one went out of the 10 ring, into the 8 at 12 o'clock. I gotta have one of these. The fit in my hand, ergonomics, etc. are spot on, superbly accurate and reliable. It swallowed 3 boxes of Federal JHP without a single jam or mis-feed. The importer fellow says he will do me a great deal, when I am ready to buy, so I put my name down for one. :D
That right there is almost my favorite carry gun. Super under rated and I would take one over a 911 or Glock any day. I have the M9-A1 version with a handcuff key lock built in. I think it is the same with a slightly longer barrel.

How do you like the sights? I love them, I find myself on target before my mind has even figured out what the target is.
Philo, I love the sights, too. The ergonomics are so good for me, I can close my eyes, bring the gun up online to the target, open them and I am almost spot on every time. Rapid fire at 5M, I put all 10 rds into the 10 in about 7 seconds (in my military days, I could put all 13 from the Browning into the 10 at 5M in 7 seconds). I want the short barrelled version, but not sure they are a permitted import here. Thats our crazy fucked-up gun laws for ya. The other handgun I like is the Baikal 9mm, same as the current Russian service pistol. Thats a nice rugged semi-auto, too. :D
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

I made a few bucks in Ebay sales recently, so I spoiled myself and bought a couple of new additions for my armoury.
Savage Mk II FV-SR:
28702-1-large.jpg
28702-1-large.jpg (6.53 KiB) Viewed 1589 times
and a Mossberg MVP Patrol in 300 blackout:
Mossberg-MVP-Series-Patrol-Bolt-Action-Rifle-Black-Textured-in-300BLK.jpg
Mossberg-MVP-Series-Patrol-Bolt-Action-Rifle-Black-Textured-in-300BLK.jpg (6.13 KiB) Viewed 1589 times
The Savage I pick up this Friday (hopefully) and the Mossberg, well, I'm waiting for our useless POS Customs to release it from bond so it can be shipped to my local dealer. Those wankers move slower than mollasses in winter, so I have to wait (up to 8 WEEKS!!!) before I get it. If sales are good next week, I'll order a MVP Pedator in 5.56 to go with them. :D
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Rmc »

Look like nice rifles Rod, good choices.
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

Rmc wrote:Look like nice rifles Rod, good choices.
Thanks, Mate. :D I do a lot of my shooting from the truck at night time, when all the paddock vermin are out and about feeding. The #4 is just too long for that, unless I'm a passenger. The Savage fills a gap in the calibres I have, and although the 300 Blackout is still a boutique calibre, I was given almost 700 Taipan .308 130gn HPs, and I have sufficient primers, powder, etc from the day when I had an M1 Carbine, so tooling up for it isnt an issue. It also allows me to fire 220's at subsonic speeds for around farmhouses, etc to keep the noise down. Cant wait to get out and use them :P
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I got my next Build started. I am doing an AR15, 223/566 Pistol. I got a 80% lower from Aries and I am debating on a 10" or 7" upper.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1414562368786.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1414562409553.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1414562409553.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1414562409553.jpg (165.71 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
uploadfromtaptalk1414562368786.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1414562368786.jpg (215.83 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Rmc »

Does the law frown on hunting from the cab of the truck Rod?
In my area they will bust you for both spotlighting and shooting from the cab.
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I have an interesting question. On an AR15 Pistol, do I have to run a bullet button like I have had to put on my AR15 rifles here in CA? I need to do some research on that. Also I was thinking of doing 20 round magazine's blocked at 10 rounds and if the zombie apocalypse ever comes. I can Unblock them. :-)
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

Rmc wrote:Does the law frown on hunting from the cab of the truck Rod?
In my area they will bust you for both spotlighting and shooting from the cab.
Robert, I NEVER hunt from the road in my truck, as it is highly illegal. I only shoot from the truck on private property.
Generally, as a rule, during the day, unless I'm driving the fence lines, I am on foot, stalking, or posting up at a dam or water tank
where the hogs come down to drink morning and at dusk. If I am working for a property owner culling roos, I can usually get within 100 yds at night, but sometimes 2 - 300
yd shots present themselves during the day.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by cs_drums »

What's the favorite 9mm?
D1cker1
Posts: 1255
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior
Location: ORANGE CUNTY, COMIFORNIA وس إنجليزي - عربي

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by D1cker1 »

Rock island armory .45 1911
Best bang for the buck on a .45
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by cs_drums »

Yeah was looking at those but my buddy has a near endless supply of 9mm so I'm looking to take advantage of that.

I can't get a 1911 9mm cause that's sacrilege to me. Liked my buddies glock but I'm curious what are some other nice options
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

Try the Steyr I tried in a few posts above, it's a nice handling gun and might suprise you
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by cs_drums »

Looked at a bunch of reveiws for the styer. Everyone loves them. They seem to be super reliable and accurate. Now I just have to find one I can shoot. I heard such great things about the XD a few years back but when I shot it I hated it. Felt terrible in my hand. I really like the look of the styer as well. Astetics aren't the biggest factor but it's definitely a bonus.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by SteveG »

cs_drums wrote:What's the favorite 9mm?
Well that's gotta be the Glock but there are so many good options these days, buy what you like. I bought a couple M&P's and like them a lot but I like the Glocks just as much. The next handguns I buy will be a 9mm and a 10mm Glock. I always said I would stick to one handgun caliber but there is just something I really love about shooting the 10mm....
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I know it's not a modern gun or as light as the Glock, which I like also, but I am a big fan of the Berretta 92f 9mm but even better is the 40 caliber.

When it comes to the light weight gun's, I like the Sig Sauer X FIVE Tactical 226X5E in .40 S&W and it comes in 9mm also.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1414740361670.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1414740361670.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1414740361670.jpg (55.86 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

SteveG wrote:
cs_drums wrote:What's the favorite 9mm?
Well that's gotta be the Glock but there are so many good options these days, buy what you like. I bought a couple M&P's and like them a lot but I like the Glocks just as much. The next handguns I buy will be a 9mm and a 10mm Glock. I always said I would stick to one handgun caliber but there is just something I really love about shooting the 10mm....
I have about 25,000 rds through a Browning Hi-Power (yes, thats not a mistake, AT LEAST 25,000 rds) and a couple thousand through various others over the years since then, but I just couldn't get any Glock to work for me. I must have wierd hands or something. The just dont feel right. Dont get me wrong, Glocks are accurate, reliable and everyone has one, but sorry, they just don't do " it" for me. Meh, each to their own, just because I'm not a fan, doesn't mean they aren't a great gun :D The Steyr just feels " right" in my hand, just like the Hi-Power does and while it's definately not the cheapest gun around, it shoots great and it's ultra reliable, the perfect "carry" gun. Just my $0.02.
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Wrightracing.net »

That is kind of how I am with a 1911 .45 although the wide body frame is a little better.
Post Reply