Rear Seat Options

User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Post by bajascott »

http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... f=26&t=248
i make them and the brackets are rivoted to the top with large rivots (included with the brackets)
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
shockseals.com
Posts: 1116
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
Location: San Dimas
Contact:

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Post by shockseals.com »

Wood wrote:It is just 40" wide which will keep heads away from the diagonal cage bars and provide a better view out the windshield since that's narrower than front seats. I want to make it easily removable and I will probably ly have to add a removable cross bar for shoulder belts too.
There is already a removable bar behind front seats.
The rear floor is elevated so with the rear seats right behind the drive and passenger the rear occupants can see just like the front passengers. I have heard zero complaints and actually shocked seasoned racers who doubted hte back seats as being functional for prerunning.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
Frontrunner54
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:26 pm
Bronco Info: 1988 EddieBoyEdition... Hungry for whoops.

Re: Bench seat vs. 2 seats in rear

Post by Frontrunner54 »

Suppose its kinda stupid... but growing up, we always faced the back.

I want to build my rear PRP bench to be removable, but reversible as well.
Found.Off.Road.Dominating.
Dezertbronco
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
Location: Highland, CA.

Seat bad bench mounting

Post by Dezertbronco »

I'm looking for suspension seat and bench mounting ideas, can you guys post up your favorites?
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: Seat bad bench mounting

Post by RyanDS650X »

This is what ive got planned. My favorite set up ive seen so far.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1403096919239.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1403096919239.jpg (44.05 KiB) Viewed 905 times
uploadfromtaptalk1403096903602.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1403096903602.jpg (98.6 KiB) Viewed 905 times
uploadfromtaptalk1403096886907.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1403096886907.jpg (71.86 KiB) Viewed 905 times
Dezertbronco
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
Location: Highland, CA.

Re: Seat bad bench mounting

Post by Dezertbronco »

I like it, I'm contemplating installing the front drivers seat on a 6 way electric mount so I can get sone extra leg room and gilt for those long trips. My bench is only 42" wide but I will upgrade it later.
Dezertbronco
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
Location: Highland, CA.

Re: Seat bad bench mounting

Post by Dezertbronco »

I like it, I'm contemplating installing the front drivers seat on a 6 way electric mount so I can get sone extra leg room and gilt for those long trips. My bench is only 42" wide but I will upgrade it later.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Seat bad bench mounting

Post by Rmc »

Here's mine:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (201.23 KiB) Viewed 882 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (184.87 KiB) Viewed 882 times
Dezertbronco
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
Location: Highland, CA.

Re: Seat bad bench mounting

Post by Dezertbronco »

That's sweet, any photos with the bench mounted?
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Seat bad bench mounting

Post by Rmc »

Ill snap one tonight if I get time. Basically I machined 4 1/2-13 bungs and welded them into the tubes ( 1 1/2 .120 wall) this puts the tabs 3/4 of an inch off the floor. It was the lowest way I could think of to maintain head room. With me in the back seat it leaves me 10-12 inches headroom to the cage. I'm about 6ft.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Seat bad bench mounting

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I was looking at that pics of the base earlier Robert & thinking "how the heck does he mount the inner tabs of the seats???? Totally forgot this was for a bench & not 2 individual seats so there's only 4 tabs total :oops:
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Seat bad bench mounting

Post by Rmc »

Yessir you got it Steve.
Dezertbronco
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
Location: Highland, CA.

Re: Seat bad bench mounting

Post by Dezertbronco »

Has anyone installed pump style lumbar in seats?
Contemplating heaters as well.

Your thoughts?
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Seat bad bench mounting

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I ran both in my prp seats. The lumbars were out of my Eddie Bauer seats and I bought the doorman heater kits. Works really well.
Post Reply