Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
While I get the not mixing & matching I'm agreeing with Andy on this one. I'd definitely avoid mixing & matching beams & radius arms from different builders unless you talk to the builder to see where the caster is built in, what angles they are at, etc.
But for the "engine cage" kits (more of an upper shock mount really) all this does is hold the top of the shock - like Andy said. IF there are lower shock mounts already on the beams (or radius arms) then mixing & matching here could cause a little issue, but if there are no shock mounts yet - then mix & match away on shock hoops & build the lower shock mount to work with that.
But for the "engine cage" kits (more of an upper shock mount really) all this does is hold the top of the shock - like Andy said. IF there are lower shock mounts already on the beams (or radius arms) then mixing & matching here could cause a little issue, but if there are no shock mounts yet - then mix & match away on shock hoops & build the lower shock mount to work with that.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
I missed it cause I was in the back working and then I called it back and got some secret government research facility.Silverslk wrote:Called you yesterday but you probably saw the 818 number (desk) and was like "What the hell?". hahahaphilofab wrote:Yo! Andy, I thought you were going to call me?
I'm not a message leaver so I hung up.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- SuperSixAxis
- Posts: 363
- Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:11 pm
- Bronco Info: 1996 5.8, E4OD
- Location: Honolulu, Hi(Vegas 2012)
- Contact:
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
Andy, lots of good info on Ricks ride at Autofab.com. I would think John would probably give some advice as well.
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
OK. I went out and took some pics of the beams I have. They are made by BTF Fabrication. I have not called them yet to discuss anything. I just wanted to post up some pics and get opinions on them and if you see anything else I should do to them before starting to install. I value everyones opinion on here so please....speak up!!
- Attachments
-
- IMG_6759.JPG (91.81 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
-
- IMG_6760.JPG (107.14 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
-
- IMG_6761.JPG (90.15 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
-
- IMG_6762.JPG (91.92 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
more
- Attachments
-
- IMG_6763.JPG (82.38 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
-
- IMG_6764.JPG (86.62 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
-
- IMG_6765.JPG (100.84 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
-
- IMG_6766.JPG (111.69 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
Last of em
- Attachments
-
- IMG_6767.JPG (92.49 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
-
- IMG_6768.JPG (89.87 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
-
- IMG_6769.JPG (89.38 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
-
- IMG_6770.JPG (88.1 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
Andy, I would plate the backside of the driver's beam all the way to the center section. That area has a tendency to crack. Looks like BTF does nice work. That's not Blue Torch Fab is it?

- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
Thanks B!! I wondered about that part. I saw alot on here plated all the way but this is why I asked. and no it Brandon-Travis Fab. http://www.btf-fab.com/
I really like the stuff so far and can't wait to get it on.
I really like the stuff so far and can't wait to get it on.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
It need black spray paint to be ready to go.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- baja-chris
- Posts: 712
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:55 pm
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
They look great. Paint em and run em!
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
They need powdercoat and glossyness action!!Silverslk wrote: I value everyones opinion on here so please....speak up!!
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
Except yours!!tcm glx wrote:They need powdercoat and glossyness action!!Silverslk wrote: I value everyones opinion on here so please....speak up!!
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
It only costs 99 cents to make beams with spray paint look new again...
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
Eh - those beams look like crap Andy - you should just give up on them & donate them to me!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- SuperSixAxis
- Posts: 363
- Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:11 pm
- Bronco Info: 1996 5.8, E4OD
- Location: Honolulu, Hi(Vegas 2012)
- Contact:
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
I hate seeing rust...on anything! Its like the earth is stealing our parts! LOL
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
Wow those things sure rusted up fast! They were rust free when they left my place.
But I guess that's what happens when you live right by the beach!
Mike
But I guess that's what happens when you live right by the beach!
Mike
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
I blame Chris!!!only1mikey wrote:Wow those things sure rusted up fast! They were rust free when they left my place.
But I guess that's what happens when you live right by the beach!
Mike
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
Chris is a few miles inland for sure - you should see stuff at my place. I blink and the stuff rusts!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
I actually almost had them media blasted before I posted them for sale but assumed someone would probably p coat them before installing.Silverslk wrote:I blame Chris!!!only1mikey wrote:Wow those things sure rusted up fast! They were rust free when they left my place.
But I guess that's what happens when you live right by the beach!
Mike
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)
While not a special update or even go fast. Its still an update.
I managed to score some OEM floor mats on Ebay for the front. I have been running without and worrying about ruining the carpet.
I also did the Ford "Dash fix" by getting my buddy at the dealer to locate one of the few left in the country. The tab had broken clean off and the dash had been shaking up and down 2-3 inches easy. I didn't know it was broken or about the fix until Tony told me.
Last, my wife decided to get me custom plates for Valentines (they showed up 4-6 weeks after). They are based on the nickname around some friends as the "Turtle". They (friends) claim its because of its color and that I say its a "slow build" but either way......I own it now.
I managed to score some OEM floor mats on Ebay for the front. I have been running without and worrying about ruining the carpet.
I also did the Ford "Dash fix" by getting my buddy at the dealer to locate one of the few left in the country. The tab had broken clean off and the dash had been shaking up and down 2-3 inches easy. I didn't know it was broken or about the fix until Tony told me.
Last, my wife decided to get me custom plates for Valentines (they showed up 4-6 weeks after). They are based on the nickname around some friends as the "Turtle". They (friends) claim its because of its color and that I say its a "slow build" but either way......I own it now.
- Attachments
-
- IMG_6824.JPG (64.92 KiB) Viewed 1736 times
-
- IMG_6827.JPG (32.99 KiB) Viewed 1736 times
-
- IMG_6830.JPG (83.92 KiB) Viewed 1736 times
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
