fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by tcm glx »

User avatar
funinthesun95
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by funinthesun95 »

kiefer may want that.....hah
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
Seabass
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 pm
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by Seabass »

Not if I get there first :D Thanks for the link!
User avatar
funinthesun95
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by funinthesun95 »

Yep sorry your post....lol.....it is a nice unit with a 56mm throtle body it works well...I will be running one with gt40 heads not sure on the cam yet. Just keeping the motor stuff simple and this set up runs all the stock stuff....nice


Go get it Seabass....
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
Seabass
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 pm
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by Seabass »

Got it :D.

You may want to reconsider the gt40 heads. From what I read even decked to the max the compression is less than the factory heads. I had a set for a song and passed on em. I'm also trying to figure out what cam I wanna run (and still be smog legal) My buddy has an e303 I can have for a six-pack but lots of people are saying it'll put me out of the correct power band. I'm thinking of over gearing (4.88's and 35's) and running it...

It'll be a bit until my wallet catches up with my spending, LOL
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by tcm glx »

Seabass wrote:Got it :D.

You may want to reconsider the gt40 heads. From what I read even decked to the max the compression is less than the factory heads. I had a set for a song and passed on em. I'm also trying to figure out what cam I wanna run (and still be smog legal) My buddy has an e303 I can have for a six-pack but lots of people are saying it'll put me out of the correct power band. I'm thinking of over gearing (4.88's and 35's) and running it...

It'll be a bit until my wallet catches up with my spending, LOL

Glad someone on here grabbed it. I didnt realize they were so popular, I should have jumped on it myself...
Seabass
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 pm
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by Seabass »

I'm super stoked, I'll have to by you a beer at KOH!
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by Polarcub »

Seabass wrote:Got it :D.

You may want to reconsider the gt40 heads. From what I read even decked to the max the compression is less than the factory heads. I had a set for a song and passed on em. I'm also trying to figure out what cam I wanna run (and still be smog legal) My buddy has an e303 I can have for a six-pack but lots of people are saying it'll put me out of the correct power band. I'm thinking of over gearing (4.88's and 35's) and running it...

It'll be a bit until my wallet catches up with my spending, LOL
Running 4.88s with 35s is great if you have overdrive, not really over geared per say.
Jeremy
Seabass
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 pm
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by Seabass »

I was under the impression that 4.56's where a match for 35's?
User avatar
Agui-E7TE
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by Agui-E7TE »

Seabass wrote:I was under the impression that 4.56's where a match for 35's?
They are.. when you have a C6. With the E4OD you can run 4.88 because of the overdrive.
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by Polarcub »

Agui is right...4.56 with overdrive is not a bad combo and if your on the highway alot maybe a better choice. I am partial to the 4.88s if you have overdrive only because you get alot of punch off the line. I cruise comfortably at 70 on the highway at about 2700 rpms. When I have to drop out of OD when towing your pushing higher rpms than you would with 4.56. Mileage may be a little better on the highway as well with 4.56. I know alot of guys are running 4.56 and quite happy with them.
Jeremy
Seabass
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 pm
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by Seabass »

I'm thinking with the extra r's the lower gears give me it'll be closer to the e303 power band
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by AussieRod »

I would NOT recommend the E303 for a Bronco, unless its carbed and race only. The powerband is not suitable for a DD. Isky Cams make a great cam very suited to the heavy Bronco, I dont have the number to hand, but its very torquey and good power right across the range. :D
Seabass
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 pm
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by Seabass »

I get the powerband issue but what's efi vs carb matter? (remember I have a maf truck)


*I'm a ways out from installing a cam and will take all info to heart. With no inflection of mood my response sounds a bit argumentative, but I'm not trying to be :)
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by AussieRod »

E303 has a closer (110 deg) Lobe Centre Angle, which means more overlap, less vacuum and rougher idle. Instant smog fail. Try to keep the LCA at or above 112 degrees if you need to smog the Bronco. The B303 would be a better choice (112 deg) inproving torque and keeping the power range down where you can use it.
User avatar
funinthesun95
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by funinthesun95 »

Seabass wrote:Got it :D.

You may want to reconsider the gt40 heads. From what I read even decked to the max the compression is less than the factory heads. I had a set for a song and passed on em. I'm also trying to figure out what cam I wanna run (and still be smog legal) My buddy has an e303 I can have for a six-pack but lots of people are saying it'll put me out of the correct power band. I'm thinking of over gearing (4.88's and 35's) and running it...

It'll be a bit until my wallet catches up with my spending, LOL
good find and get.....

thanks for the info on the heads......I will do a little more homework...
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
Seabass
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 pm
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by Seabass »

The gt40p's (late model explorers) are better for compression by the way but there are issues with spark plug angles and headers. Still not worth it to me but may interest you.


What do you guys think about throwing 1.7 ratio rockers on the stock cam and valve springs? I'm resealing the valve covers in the next week or two when I put the manifold on and it'd be the perfect time to throw them in.
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by AussieRod »

If it is a flat tappet cam, no. A good improvement is using the hyd. roller Mustang HO factory cam and 1.7 rocker arms. Still smog legal and you have roller lifters to boot :)
Seabass
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 pm
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by Seabass »

I was considering just the rockers with the factory cam for now since I was going to do the valve covers and the intake manifold, but the more I think about it I'll most likely wait untill I have everything and do it all at once. (heads, cam, rockers, push rods, and headers) It'll save me a few bucks in gaskets and I should focus on other stuff instead of redoing the same thing three times. Thanks for all the info. I was up untill 1 am last night window shopping for cams. I'm gonna look into the b303 you recomended, it had a bit more lope than I thought it would since you said it was more of a low power band cam compared to the E303.

When it comes down to actually buying one I'll base my purchase off of the correct power band and ability topass smog but I'll admit to really wanting that lopey idle :D
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w

Post by AussieRod »

Maybe you should consider having a good stocker to fit for smog, then fit your racy engine for the next 2 years ;)
Post Reply