fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
- funinthesun95
- Posts: 1701
- Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
kiefer may want that.....hah
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
Not if I get there first
Thanks for the link!
- funinthesun95
- Posts: 1701
- Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
Yep sorry your post....lol.....it is a nice unit with a 56mm throtle body it works well...I will be running one with gt40 heads not sure on the cam yet. Just keeping the motor stuff simple and this set up runs all the stock stuff....nice
Go get it Seabass....
Go get it Seabass....
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
Got it
.
You may want to reconsider the gt40 heads. From what I read even decked to the max the compression is less than the factory heads. I had a set for a song and passed on em. I'm also trying to figure out what cam I wanna run (and still be smog legal) My buddy has an e303 I can have for a six-pack but lots of people are saying it'll put me out of the correct power band. I'm thinking of over gearing (4.88's and 35's) and running it...
It'll be a bit until my wallet catches up with my spending, LOL
You may want to reconsider the gt40 heads. From what I read even decked to the max the compression is less than the factory heads. I had a set for a song and passed on em. I'm also trying to figure out what cam I wanna run (and still be smog legal) My buddy has an e303 I can have for a six-pack but lots of people are saying it'll put me out of the correct power band. I'm thinking of over gearing (4.88's and 35's) and running it...
It'll be a bit until my wallet catches up with my spending, LOL
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
Seabass wrote:Got it.
You may want to reconsider the gt40 heads. From what I read even decked to the max the compression is less than the factory heads. I had a set for a song and passed on em. I'm also trying to figure out what cam I wanna run (and still be smog legal) My buddy has an e303 I can have for a six-pack but lots of people are saying it'll put me out of the correct power band. I'm thinking of over gearing (4.88's and 35's) and running it...
It'll be a bit until my wallet catches up with my spending, LOL
Glad someone on here grabbed it. I didnt realize they were so popular, I should have jumped on it myself...
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
I'm super stoked, I'll have to by you a beer at KOH!
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
Running 4.88s with 35s is great if you have overdrive, not really over geared per say.Seabass wrote:Got it.
You may want to reconsider the gt40 heads. From what I read even decked to the max the compression is less than the factory heads. I had a set for a song and passed on em. I'm also trying to figure out what cam I wanna run (and still be smog legal) My buddy has an e303 I can have for a six-pack but lots of people are saying it'll put me out of the correct power band. I'm thinking of over gearing (4.88's and 35's) and running it...
It'll be a bit until my wallet catches up with my spending, LOL
Jeremy
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
I was under the impression that 4.56's where a match for 35's?
- Agui-E7TE
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
- Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
They are.. when you have a C6. With the E4OD you can run 4.88 because of the overdrive.Seabass wrote:I was under the impression that 4.56's where a match for 35's?
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
Agui is right...4.56 with overdrive is not a bad combo and if your on the highway alot maybe a better choice. I am partial to the 4.88s if you have overdrive only because you get alot of punch off the line. I cruise comfortably at 70 on the highway at about 2700 rpms. When I have to drop out of OD when towing your pushing higher rpms than you would with 4.56. Mileage may be a little better on the highway as well with 4.56. I know alot of guys are running 4.56 and quite happy with them.
Jeremy
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
I'm thinking with the extra r's the lower gears give me it'll be closer to the e303 power band
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
I would NOT recommend the E303 for a Bronco, unless its carbed and race only. The powerband is not suitable for a DD. Isky Cams make a great cam very suited to the heavy Bronco, I dont have the number to hand, but its very torquey and good power right across the range. 
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
I get the powerband issue but what's efi vs carb matter? (remember I have a maf truck)
*I'm a ways out from installing a cam and will take all info to heart. With no inflection of mood my response sounds a bit argumentative, but I'm not trying to be
*I'm a ways out from installing a cam and will take all info to heart. With no inflection of mood my response sounds a bit argumentative, but I'm not trying to be
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
E303 has a closer (110 deg) Lobe Centre Angle, which means more overlap, less vacuum and rougher idle. Instant smog fail. Try to keep the LCA at or above 112 degrees if you need to smog the Bronco. The B303 would be a better choice (112 deg) inproving torque and keeping the power range down where you can use it.
- funinthesun95
- Posts: 1701
- Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
good find and get.....Seabass wrote:Got it.
You may want to reconsider the gt40 heads. From what I read even decked to the max the compression is less than the factory heads. I had a set for a song and passed on em. I'm also trying to figure out what cam I wanna run (and still be smog legal) My buddy has an e303 I can have for a six-pack but lots of people are saying it'll put me out of the correct power band. I'm thinking of over gearing (4.88's and 35's) and running it...
It'll be a bit until my wallet catches up with my spending, LOL
thanks for the info on the heads......I will do a little more homework...
Good people + Great info = GFB
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
@csracingteam
@Cockstarmotorsports
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
The gt40p's (late model explorers) are better for compression by the way but there are issues with spark plug angles and headers. Still not worth it to me but may interest you.
What do you guys think about throwing 1.7 ratio rockers on the stock cam and valve springs? I'm resealing the valve covers in the next week or two when I put the manifold on and it'd be the perfect time to throw them in.
What do you guys think about throwing 1.7 ratio rockers on the stock cam and valve springs? I'm resealing the valve covers in the next week or two when I put the manifold on and it'd be the perfect time to throw them in.
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
If it is a flat tappet cam, no. A good improvement is using the hyd. roller Mustang HO factory cam and 1.7 rocker arms. Still smog legal and you have roller lifters to boot 
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
I was considering just the rockers with the factory cam for now since I was going to do the valve covers and the intake manifold, but the more I think about it I'll most likely wait untill I have everything and do it all at once. (heads, cam, rockers, push rods, and headers) It'll save me a few bucks in gaskets and I should focus on other stuff instead of redoing the same thing three times. Thanks for all the info. I was up untill 1 am last night window shopping for cams. I'm gonna look into the b303 you recomended, it had a bit more lope than I thought it would since you said it was more of a low power band cam compared to the E303.
When it comes down to actually buying one I'll base my purchase off of the correct power band and ability topass smog but I'll admit to really wanting that lopey idle
When it comes down to actually buying one I'll base my purchase off of the correct power band and ability topass smog but I'll admit to really wanting that lopey idle
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: fuel injected intake manifolds for 351w
Maybe you should consider having a good stocker to fit for smog, then fit your racy engine for the next 2 years 
