Thats a nice old Lee!scraptor wrote:
So the neighbour kid tells me he has an 1896 lee enfield , so I take a look and some crappy phone pictures , a little .303 porn for Rod.
Guess what the kid paid for that.
The Gun Thread
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: The Gun Thread
-
scraptor
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:30 pm
- Bronco Info: 1994 f150 bronco wannabe
- Location: nova scotia canada help me !!!!
Re: The Gun Thread
I'll let the kid know about that Rod, he bought it on it's way to be turned in for scrapping. For $25 , he sanded down the wood and re stained it and was wondering what to top coat it with, also we don't know what that square slider on the bolt is.And it didn't at all work and sound awesome ringing in the new year, local laws and all.
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: The Gun Thread
Linseed oil is a good stock finish, smells weird though, but thats what I use on SMLE's. The square knob? on the right side pic near the barrel is the bolt head..... open the bolt fully, lift the head up and withdraw the bolt from the action. Reverse to refit. If he needs any info, let me know.scraptor wrote:I'll let the kid know about that Rod, he bought it on it's way to be turned in for scrapping. For $25 , he sanded down the wood and re stained it and was wondering what to top coat it with, also we don't know what that square slider on the bolt is.And it didn't at all work and sound awesome ringing in the new year, local laws and all.
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: The Gun Thread
A little side project. I inherited a Lee Enfield in .410 shotgun calibre which my Dad made up for the Bunyip Sambar Study Project the Australian Deer Association was running. It was used as a snake gun at the site. The action is usable, even without the charger bridge, and I have a cut-down Lithgow heavy barrel shortened to 18" that came out of my GranDad's hunting rifle when I was 15 yo. Gonna combine these into a short sporter for pig hunting, with a Addley Precision CNC pic mount and Tasco or ome such holo sight for snap shooting. It's going to be a sweet little rifle with a big voice and 10 rounds of swift .303 British 155 gn SP death to hogs
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
Picked up my new old relic today. If I can find some rounds I may go test it out tomorrow.
Single action 22/22lr/22magnum
Single action 22/22lr/22magnum
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (235.31 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
- FUFIMI
- Posts: 611
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:24 pm
- Bronco Info: 1965 Ford F100 (Señor Mostaza)
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: The Gun Thread
I have some rounds, just text me.Rmc wrote:Picked up my new old relic today. If I can find some rounds I may go test it out tomorrow.
Single action 22/22lr/22magnum
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
Sweet thx brother!FUFIMI wrote:I have some rounds, just text me.Rmc wrote:Picked up my new old relic today. If I can find some rounds I may go test it out tomorrow.
Single action 22/22lr/22magnum
-
D1cker1
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm
- Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior
- Location: ORANGE CUNTY, COMIFORNIA وس إنجليزي - عربي
Re: The Gun Thread
Looking at a glock 19..
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
You can't go wrong with a Glock.D1cker1 wrote:Looking at a glock 19..
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
We did a bit of shooting today. Airsoft to 10mm....
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
What's up with the glock with the brown handle? Coated or grip cover?
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Cover... leather, believe it or not. It feels pretty good in the hand. The owner says it also stays grippy even when wet which is a nice feature. I can't remember what brand he said it was.Rmc wrote:What's up with the glock with the brown handle? Coated or grip cover?
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
Unique, I'd never seen one half n half like that. Pretty cool.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
It is unique. I was surprised by it.
I'd never shot a 10mm before today. That Glock shoots great (no surprise). It has plenty of muzzle flip and follow up shots are slow but it doesn't beat you up like I expected... definitely a hand cannon and I like it!
I'd never shot a 10mm before today. That Glock shoots great (no surprise). It has plenty of muzzle flip and follow up shots are slow but it doesn't beat you up like I expected... definitely a hand cannon and I like it!
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Oh! I forgot to mention one of the best parts of the day. The friend I was shooting with had a couple gallon ziploc bags full of mixed/unkown source .38 special rounds. Most were tame, a few were pretty hot (we were shooting it through a really nice heavy revolver that can handle pretty much anything). Anyway, during one round of shooting, I fill 'er up and start firing. The first two rounds are normal, on the third I notice a significant flash. It was interesting but I don't think much of it... pull the trigger again and was like a damn roman candle! A sure-as-hell fireball flying out of the barrel! It was still on fire when it hit the hill behind the target. We don't know what the hell it was but it was freakin' cool! I want more!
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
Tracer round?
- Wrightracing.net
- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
- Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
I had a couple boxes of green tip tracers in .556 for the AR15. Fun to shoot at night in the desert. Make sure to space them out so you don't trash the barrel.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Maybe. Or maybe even incendiary? It was seriously just like a roman candle. It flared up enough when it hit the ground behind the target (covered in dry leaves) that we worried about a fire for a while. Again... damn cool.Rmc wrote:Tracer round?
Reminded me of this:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvflXiXG_0[/youtube]
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
That reminds me of when I was a dumb young punk...
Out in glamis I brought along some 12 guage aerial flares ( west marine sells red and white) so me being the idiot I like to think I'm not anymore decided to shoot a few off. So they were rated at 1200 ft. I loaded up red,white,red,white ect so no one would come looking to help. I shot off 6 or 7 and said to my friends " I bet that looks cool from a long way off, but straight up you can't see shit or tell how high there going" I looked around and saw a big black patch of open desert ( keep in mind we were off sand highway about wash 40 and I was looking over the r&r tracks and its just after dark) so the campers are very sparse. I aimed about o 45 degrees or so...
Shot off a white one.... Looked just like an areal flare in a war flick until.... Then I saw it! A winnebego out of no place!! The flare tagged his roof and bounced off ( THANK GOD!) landed in the bush about 30 ft from his camp and started the bush on fire! Dude heard the noise apparently and opened the door to see what was cooking. Then I saw some poor guy kicking dirt on a bush in his tighty whiteys as a quicky put the shot gun away.
Well ill tell you this, my first and last experience with flares. I nearly shit myself thinking about what could have happened if I aimed any lower. Glad the big guy was looking out for those folks too. Glad he helped my crappy aim point just a little bit up that night. Bad news, so keep it in mind when you wanna see how far a tracer could go and you think no ones around.
No dammage to the trailer or family only that bush. Btw the flare was out before the trailer door opened. Makes you wonder what he thought. And for you wise guys it was a very very long time ago but something I won't soon forget.
Out in glamis I brought along some 12 guage aerial flares ( west marine sells red and white) so me being the idiot I like to think I'm not anymore decided to shoot a few off. So they were rated at 1200 ft. I loaded up red,white,red,white ect so no one would come looking to help. I shot off 6 or 7 and said to my friends " I bet that looks cool from a long way off, but straight up you can't see shit or tell how high there going" I looked around and saw a big black patch of open desert ( keep in mind we were off sand highway about wash 40 and I was looking over the r&r tracks and its just after dark) so the campers are very sparse. I aimed about o 45 degrees or so...
Shot off a white one.... Looked just like an areal flare in a war flick until.... Then I saw it! A winnebego out of no place!! The flare tagged his roof and bounced off ( THANK GOD!) landed in the bush about 30 ft from his camp and started the bush on fire! Dude heard the noise apparently and opened the door to see what was cooking. Then I saw some poor guy kicking dirt on a bush in his tighty whiteys as a quicky put the shot gun away.
Well ill tell you this, my first and last experience with flares. I nearly shit myself thinking about what could have happened if I aimed any lower. Glad the big guy was looking out for those folks too. Glad he helped my crappy aim point just a little bit up that night. Bad news, so keep it in mind when you wanna see how far a tracer could go and you think no ones around.
No dammage to the trailer or family only that bush. Btw the flare was out before the trailer door opened. Makes you wonder what he thought. And for you wise guys it was a very very long time ago but something I won't soon forget.


