Shock hoops
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Shock hoops
I kind of feel dumb for askin but I've never built shock hoops and was wondering how you all had figured out the shock geometry behind it? I've decided to go all out instead of running replacement stock shocks. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to make my shock hoops? i have the tools to do it, just need to know the key elements. Thanks.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Shock hoops
There is no simple answer to that question! Are you referring to the front?hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I kind of feel dumb for askin but I've never built shock hoops and was wondering how you all had figured out the shock geometry behind it? I've decided to go all out instead of running replacement stock shocks. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to make my shock hoops? i have the tools to do it, just need to know the key elements. Thanks.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: Shock hoops
as Philo said no simple answer, some points to keep in mind you want the shock to not bind in its travel, cycle everything multiple times before you finalize. I would be happy to meet up with you as I am just up the street in menifiee i fyou want to take a look at my set up.
Jeremy
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Shock hoops
that'd be awesome thank you. i dont know anyone around here esp with any kind of bronco let alone one built at all. i'll figure somethin out with you. i could use the help. thank you.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: Shock hoops
No worries drop me a PM I just live back by canyon lake off of Goetz. I am usually home early afternoon most days.
Jeremy
