Winter SUCKS!
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Winter SUCKS!
I just want someone to commiserate with....
-
300
- Posts: 647
- Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm
- Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.
Re: Winter SUCKS!
Says its supposed to be 75 in SLO tomorrow.
I can tell you it was close to that on the same date in 1985. I remember parts of it!
I can tell you it was close to that on the same date in 1985. I remember parts of it!
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: Winter SUCKS!
I hate you guys...
It's 12° out, -3 with windchill. It is so far the warmest day this week. Car washes have been closed for the last 3 or 4 days.
To make matters worse, I ran over the 2x4 block I use to keep my trailer from rolling with the snowblower and I'm having to shovel my driveway by hand!
It's 12° out, -3 with windchill. It is so far the warmest day this week. Car washes have been closed for the last 3 or 4 days.
To make matters worse, I ran over the 2x4 block I use to keep my trailer from rolling with the snowblower and I'm having to shovel my driveway by hand!
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Winter SUCKS!
Snow? What the hell is that?
Although it was in the mid 30's here the other night so I guess we were technically close.
Good thing it's supposed to be back up to 80 on sunday
(sorry Erik)
Bummer on the snow blower - did you wipe out a blade or what? Never been close enough to one of those things to see what was inside or how they actually work.
Although it was in the mid 30's here the other night so I guess we were technically close.
Good thing it's supposed to be back up to 80 on sunday
Bummer on the snow blower - did you wipe out a blade or what? Never been close enough to one of those things to see what was inside or how they actually work.
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: Winter SUCKS!
Not sure..Pulled the pin that holds the auger on the drive shaft and backed it out. When I try to engage the auger it whines and squeels like it is still jammed. I'll have to dig into it in the next few days.ChaseTruck754 wrote:Snow? What the hell is that?
Although it was in the mid 30's here the other night so I guess we were technically close.
Good thing it's supposed to be back up to 80 on sunday(sorry Erik)
Bummer on the snow blower - did you wipe out a blade or what? Never been close enough to one of those things to see what was inside or how they actually work.
Re: Winter SUCKS!
It's -31* with the wind chill bringing it to -49* where I'm at. It warmed up since yesterday 
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Winter SUCKS!
Well that sucks.
Was 86* in Silverado Canyon yesterday
Was 86* in Silverado Canyon yesterday
- Agui-E7TE
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
- Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear
Re: Winter SUCKS!
Check out what the temperature range is like for the International Space Station
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... st21mar_1/
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... st21mar_1/
-
blueoval8493
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:52 pm
- Bronco Info: 1994 F-150 super cab with 347.
Re: Winter SUCKS!
I love winter. The only way to get through it here in snow contry is to buy a sled. I think anybody that was into fast off road vehicle would be atleast alittle intrigued. The acceleration and crazy bump eating suspensions in the newer sleds are amazing. And if you're cold you can always just put on more cloths. Sure beats the hell outta snowblowing/shoveling. 
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Winter SUCKS!
We typically hit the in-laws place in Bend, OR for new years & a couple years ago we rented sleds as a family. LOOOVED it. The in-laws (sister in law mainly) were not super thrilled as we had a very beaten up track that was all whooped out. For me lit was like a cold baja bike ride. They weren't so happy with it. I knew how to handle the whoops though.
I always said if I moved to a snowy place I'd get one for sure as they are fun!
I always said if I moved to a snowy place I'd get one for sure as they are fun!
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Winter SUCKS!
Its way cold in bend right now. I was talking to a friend who lives up there and it was -28 a few weeks ago. They were drinking beer next to the fire and the beer froze.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Winter SUCKS!
DAMN!
I know it's been cold as the in-laws got notice that the management company was turning on the heaters in the condos so the water in the pipes inside the places wouldn't freeze.
In laws are headed up there in a few weeks, for the typical New Years trip, but we can't fly due to the beach ball so we're staying here. May be for the best if it's that cold though.
I know it's been cold as the in-laws got notice that the management company was turning on the heaters in the condos so the water in the pipes inside the places wouldn't freeze.
In laws are headed up there in a few weeks, for the typical New Years trip, but we can't fly due to the beach ball so we're staying here. May be for the best if it's that cold though.
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: Winter SUCKS!
Huh?ChaseTruck754 wrote:DAMN!
.....but we can't fly due to the beach ball so we're staying here......
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Winter SUCKS!
my wife looks like she's hiding a beach ball under her shirt.
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: Winter SUCKS!
I had no idea man. Congrats!ChaseTruck754 wrote:my wife looks like she's hiding a beach ball under her shirt.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Winter SUCKS!
Thanks. Haven't really said much about it on the boards. Just a little here or there like the above.
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: Winter SUCKS!
Good thing you kept the crew and let the supercab go! 
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Winter SUCKS!
That's been the plan for the crew since before I ever even met my wife = family hauler someday.
The supercab was supposed to be a 4 seater play toy, so it still would have fit the family, but just no need for another project right now. That being said - when this crew is done I hope to start another to replace the supercab.
The supercab was supposed to be a 4 seater play toy, so it still would have fit the family, but just no need for another project right now. That being said - when this crew is done I hope to start another to replace the supercab.
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: Winter SUCKS!
When my bronco is done I never want to start another project....ever. Hahaha!
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Winter SUCKS!
yeah but your bronco is for going fast. I made the mistake of building a "normal" truck. Hind sight being 20/20 I would have still built a crew, but more of a well rounded rig - something with a d50TT front that could haul people & arse in the dirt.
