Opinions please
-
stocker
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:09 am
- Bronco Info: 1996-302-33s-e4od w/B&M-4.11s-aussie lockers f/r-leveling kit-m95 shocks-softtopper
- Location: Northern Michigan
Opinions please
I've always liked the prerunner type trucks and I take my Bronco to the dunes about twice a year but I'm sick of the rough ride and my tires rubbing on whoops and some jumps. I know a guy who's built about 25 prerunners and had him give me a quote for making the bronc a little smoother on the dunes but still daily drivable. His plans for the front are deaver coils, extended rad arms, small hoop for mounting king 2.5 resi shocks, extended bump stops and brake lines. Rear is deaver leafs, king 2.5s mounted under truck without cutting the bed up, bump stops and brake lines. He said it would come out to about 13 inches up front and 12 inches rear and a helluva lot smoother and only be lifted about 2 inches over stock.
Is anyone running a similar setup? How do you like it?
Is anyone running a similar setup? How do you like it?
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Opinions please
It will be night and day over stock. I'm not running a similar set up but when you add 2.5's to anything it changes the equation greatly. You should enjoy the result. Good luck with your build.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Opinions please
X2.Rmc wrote:It will be night and day over stock. I'm not running a similar set up but when you add 2.5's to anything it changes the equation greatly. You should enjoy the result. Good luck with your build.
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: Opinions please
Custom Deaver coils?? The off the shelf ons are 5.5" lift
-
stocker
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:09 am
- Bronco Info: 1996-302-33s-e4od w/B&M-4.11s-aussie lockers f/r-leveling kit-m95 shocks-softtopper
- Location: Northern Michigan
Re: Opinions please
I'm not exactly sure what he's doing for the coils, maybe it'll be higher than a few inches lift. The guy is good so I'm sure he'll figure somthing out, he just gave me a rough idea on what he could do to it for "cheap"robertcrav wrote:Custom Deaver coils?? The off the shelf ons are 5.5" lift
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Opinions please
Some say the front deaver 5.5 coils are too tall. You may want to look at the pro comp 4" springs.
Chris
Chris
-
-JD5353-
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:26 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 EB, current build, 44/50 beams, 10.5 axle, 6BT swap, gofast
- Location: Jamul, CA
Re: Opinions please
He could presumably be using the deaver coil with a custom coil bucket, to net the lift wanted and have the advantages of a longer coil.
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Opinions please
Yep he could. Doesn't say above but that maybe an option.-JD5353- wrote:He could presumably be using the deaver coil with a custom coil bucket, to net the lift wanted and have the advantages of a longer coil.
Chris
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: Opinions please
If you're going to build a shock hoop and spend the money on Kings in the front, ditch the coils and just run a coilover. Mounting and packaging it easier and there is more room for future additions with less rework.
-
-JD5353-
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:26 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 EB, current build, 44/50 beams, 10.5 axle, 6BT swap, gofast
- Location: Jamul, CA
Re: Opinions please
I agree with this. I was originally going to go coil bucket, but in the long run you end up about the same cost wise ether way, with adjustability , performance, and like mentioned above packaging and not reworking in the future on the side of the Coilovers.ESHALLBETTER wrote:If you're going to build a shock hoop and spend the money on Kings in the front, ditch the coils and just run a coilover. Mounting and packaging it easier and there is more room for future additions with less rework.
-
stocker
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:09 am
- Bronco Info: 1996-302-33s-e4od w/B&M-4.11s-aussie lockers f/r-leveling kit-m95 shocks-softtopper
- Location: Northern Michigan
Re: Opinions please
I talked to the guy and he said it would add about $600 onto the price but it'd be well worth it. I'll definitely be doing it when the time comes.
-
greaslife
- Posts: 1128
- Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
- Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
- Location: inland impire
Re: Opinions please
Look at my build I'm running almost same set up. The last time it was out it ran hard and felt like a caddy over a woop section. I went from PC 4 inc spring too the deavers nite and day diff. I extended my stock buckets too get her down around 4 inch lift.stocker wrote:I've always liked the prerunner type trucks and I take my Bronco to the dunes about twice a year but I'm sick of the rough ride and my tires rubbing on whoops and some jumps. I know a guy who's built about 25 prerunners and had him give me a quote for making the bronc a little smoother on the dunes but still daily drivable. His plans for the front are deaver coils, extended rad arms, small hoop for mounting king 2.5 resi shocks, extended bump stops and brake lines. Rear is deaver leafs, king 2.5s mounted under truck without cutting the bed up, bump stops and brake lines. He said it would come out to about 13 inches up front and 12 inches rear and a helluva lot smoother and only be lifted about 2 inches over stock.
Is anyone running a similar setup? How do you like it?
-
stocker
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:09 am
- Bronco Info: 1996-302-33s-e4od w/B&M-4.11s-aussie lockers f/r-leveling kit-m95 shocks-softtopper
- Location: Northern Michigan
Re: Opinions please
Look at my build I'm running almost same set up. The last time it was out it ran hard and felt like a caddy over a woop section. I went from PC 4 inc spring too the deavers nite and day diff. I extended my stock buckets too get her down around 4 inch lift.[/quote]
looks like you know how to use a welder haha the cage and extended beams will be later on in my build but the front hoops look good
looks like you know how to use a welder haha the cage and extended beams will be later on in my build but the front hoops look good
- Wrightracing.net
- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
- Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: Opinions please
Chris, Would a progressive coil like your coils you use to have or still have on your coil over shocks be a benefit? Maybe a taller coil bucket with a progressive coil? Just a thought.
-
greaslife
- Posts: 1128
- Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
- Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
- Location: inland impire
Re: Opinions please
looks like you know how to use a welder haha the cage and extended beams will be later on in my build but the front hoops look good
That's all coming off. In the next 6-7 months. I have gotten better with the bender. Oh yah mite just bust out some tig.
That's all coming off. In the next 6-7 months. I have gotten better with the bender. Oh yah mite just bust out some tig.
