So sexcy when she's dirtay!!yikes wrote:Bronco got 120 hard off road miles on it this weekend and wanted more.
Brian's '96
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: Brian's '96
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
Thanks Rob! Was bummed to hear about your trans issue. Hopefully everything will align for the next trip.Quailhunter wrote:Brian...... Bravo! Great job working through your problems and coming out on top! I hope you and your family had a great time!
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
Talked to Tommy Lee this morning. Not much can be done over the phone, but sent the pump back and hoping the failure will clearly fall on their end.
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
Down n dirty parking garage repair. Haha!




-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Brian's '96
ha ha did the same thing to Droopy while entering my downtown LA office. Nice fix B!
Chris
Chris
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Brian's '96
Nice fix B!!! Love it... you could probably charge for that...
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Brian's '96
Is your print for solid body mounts fairly accurate?
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
Sure is. A few guys have made them from that print with good success.Rmc wrote:Is your print for solid body mounts fairly accurate?
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Brian's '96
Cool good to know, I was thinking of making a set before I get too much farther along. Appreciated bro.
-
cdnbronco
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:38 pm
- Bronco Info: 1978 bronco, 3 link front, 4 link rear, fully caged, 460 engine, custom fiberglass,
Re: Brian's '96
Brian I'm thinking of having my steering box rebuilt by Tommy. What is your impression on the result of your rebuilt? Was it Worth it and did you install the steering box? Did the rebuilt cost a lot more than a PSC rebuilt?
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
I'm very pleased with the box rebuild. Tommy plumbed it for the ram, along with the usual list of upgrades. I didn't receive an itemized receipt, but my total cost was $890 shipped for the gearbox and pump. I would assume the box was $500+ of that. It required a new sector shaft, which certainly elevated the price. I returned the pump a week or so ago and immediately received a call to go over the pre-teardown problems; however, I have yet to hear back from them on the root cause. The jury is still out on that. So, although my experience to date has not been the greatest, I am still giving them the benefit of the doubt, given their exemplary track record.cdnbronco wrote:Brian I'm thinking of having my steering box rebuilt by Tommy. What is your impression on the result of your rebuilt? Was it Worth it and did you install the steering box? Did the rebuilt cost a lot more than a PSC rebuilt?
Two weekends ago the box got a really good workout on the Mojave Trail with no issues to report. I have yet to install a ram.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Brian's '96
Does Howe do the same stuff? I got quoted by them a few years back but as I recall they replace it all to Saginaw/Chevy? It's been along time.
-
cdnbronco
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:38 pm
- Bronco Info: 1978 bronco, 3 link front, 4 link rear, fully caged, 460 engine, custom fiberglass,
Re: Brian's '96
Thank you for the response. I already have a PSC-1405 pump so might be able to save a bit on the rebuilt.
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Brian's '96
I hve so many things better to do than be in the internet for a couple straight hours but I just went though all 67 pages of this build and its just killer in about every regard. I have a few questions about a few things but I will have to ask later. Awesome build!
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Brian's '96
Yeti spotting out on the Mojave Trail:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nd7DV9 ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nd7DV9 ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
Haha! Almost blew the turn.
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Brian's '96
Brian,
With the basic channel frame of the FSB why not go with a saginaw 4 bolt box? The ability to bolt something up, buy locally anywhere in the US, was that a motivating factor in going back with the "stock configuration"? I think my 175k 96 is on the loose side and before much really starts to get rolling for me it might need a box among other things. There just seems to be so much that can be done with the saginaw models is why I ask.
With the basic channel frame of the FSB why not go with a saginaw 4 bolt box? The ability to bolt something up, buy locally anywhere in the US, was that a motivating factor in going back with the "stock configuration"? I think my 175k 96 is on the loose side and before much really starts to get rolling for me it might need a box among other things. There just seems to be so much that can be done with the saginaw models is why I ask.
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: Brian's '96
I'm guessing its cause it would require a new pitman arm as well as new steering shaft and a lot more fab. Time and cost to do the initial change verse performance may not be worth it
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
Yes. Already knee deep in a factory box. The steering ram will help it survive. Swapping to a stronger box (bigger sector) would be too costly to justify at this point.cs_drums wrote:I'm guessing its cause it would require a new pitman arm as well as new steering shaft and a lot more fab. Time and cost to do the initial change verse performance may not be worth it

