RMC's el hefe build.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
I'm lucky this stuff wasn't purchased new like this, I needed to remake every ID sleeve in every bushing. I've standardized all leaf bolts to 5/8, the alternative would have been 3 sizes, with 2 sets of weld washers to get it to where the only hardware with semi-correct shank lengths would have jived. Now I just need to machine 4 .250 thick washers to make up the remaining distance of the factory hanger span. I also spot a location in the sheet metal I may need to notch. Ill know for sure when I goto full tuck. All n all a headache but I'm making progress.
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (185.76 KiB) Viewed 1358 times
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
I'm stressing time. As I said I need to get this crap installed( nationals,shocks, hoops n bumps),, race radio, fix a crack in the exhaust, install my gps, and do more clearancing of the center yolk up front. Hopefully before the 10th 
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
And 2 hours later.... Made 8 big ol dang ol washers man. Going to use them for spacers going from the factory 3.5 inch wide spring hangars to the 2.5 inch wide springs. 1.750x.250 5/8 ID. I'm having a hard time believing no one sells these although I didn't look very hard.
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (257.41 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
- Kel Fab Creations
- Posts: 727
- Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:01 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Bronco
- Location: San Jacinto, Ca
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
I would have charged you 25 bucks to cut those on the plasma table including reaming the holes...
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Shoot! Next time bro. I was thinking about you too lol I was thinking there had to be an easier way. The main reason it took me so long was I had to get creative due to not having a part off tool holder that would hold a long enough tool to part off that bar so I had to saw cut them, front and back work each one. Now I'm on the hunt for some additional tooling in addition to my long wish list. I appreciate it Kelly. Ill definitely hit you up in the future.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Out of curiosity have any of you had to notch the square underside body reinforcement just above the shackle? It's sort of behind it. I can see the shackle tagging it when pushed backward at full tuck. I was going assemble everything to see the ride height before I go cutting on it to see if I have to lower the shackle carrier.
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Plasma or laser is definitely the way to go if you have time to plan ahead. I will do anything to avoid part off tools on all but the thinnest of stock or plastic and aluminum. It never comes out flat enough with a part off tool for me and have to face them anyways. (I can hear the pro machinists laughing at me) Project looks good.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Thank you
- Kel Fab Creations
- Posts: 727
- Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:01 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Bronco
- Location: San Jacinto, Ca
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Carbide insert parting tool on a tight machine FTW!
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Dont cut that seam! Itll start ctacking the body! What extended shackles are you running?
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
I believe 6 inch eye to eye, as I said above I have a solo Motorsport shackle perch drop bracket also. I'm kind of unsure of the ride height though. The bracket allows you to move the rear shackle perch down a n inch or so so it will clear I imagine. I just have no idea how squishy these leafs will be considering they came off a 1450 n then got prepped by deaver so I was told. I was thinking of assembling everything, checking ride hieght, disassembling and adding the replicators if needed. If not notch the square tunnel and rebuilding it with a cap( square box inserted into the tunnel and welded in). Anyone running nationals with a 6 inch shackle? Please advise.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Got my spare the other day. Ill get it mounted Saturday. 99$
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (197.95 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Progress! Won't be long now, only 4 days worth of work left lol. Full droop 
Cycling at 18 inches as planned. I took the hard road getting here unfortunately.
Cycling at 18 inches as planned. I took the hard road getting here unfortunately.
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (194.42 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
-
- image.jpg (138.66 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
-
- image.jpg (122.55 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Got my spare mounted today also. Next up custom shackles, bed cage ( truck style), spare tire carrier.
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (251.34 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Looks good. Going to be ready for the Excursion?
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
I'm really trying! I should have the shackles made this afternoon, put it at tuck and start the bedcage I'm hoping to have everything to make it drivable done by Tuesday or Wednesday. I've got a house load of inlaws today and were supposed to go shooting which doesn't help my efforts. Gotta love wives who make plans with their sisters and husbands find out after the fact. So yesterday I was the antisocial one laying under a bronco all afternoon but I don't need no stinking conversation lol I'm on a mission.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
If I don't make this trip I'm gonna srip it and do all my cage ect. But I'm still gonna try.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Fun, back window decided to stop working so I need to fix that before bedcage can be done.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: RMC's el hefe build.
Finished the shackles finally.
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (198.83 KiB) Viewed 947 times
-
- image.jpg (214.63 KiB) Viewed 947 times
