2013 Baja HID run

Races, meets, etc
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by tcm glx »

BAJAHID Excursion 2013 updated list ....

1. Tom - BajaF250. Booked
2. Tony - tcm-glx. Booked
3. Chris, Tony and Christopher- BajaBronco13. Booked

4. Travis - Travisfab (maybe)
5. Ryan - Ryands650X
6. Michael - Guard. Booked
7. Jose - Crisis88
8. Greg - Broncodawg
9. Chris- Philo (Doesnt need to book)
10. Tony - Dicker1
11. Brian - Yikes. Booked
12. Jesse - 323bronco
13. Augi - Augi-E7TE
14. Andy - Silverslk
15. Don - Dondrcc
16. Robert - RMC
17. Steve -SteveG Booked
18. Ruben - Fufimi (maybe)
19. John - Autofab
20. Tiffany and Courtney - Autofab
21. Ryan - Autofab
22. Vic - VRed Booked
23. Will West
24. Chris, Alyssa, Jim and Dawn
25. Mikey - Only1Mikey
26. Patrick - Otter
25. Dave Slapp - y-style
26. Bill from Bill Mobile
27. Buck - Bajabuck Booked[/quote][/quote]
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by tcm glx »

Reposting this..... really important!!!

Image
Image
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by tcm glx »

BAJAHID Excursion 2013 updated list ....

1. Tom - BajaF250. Booked
2. Tony - tcm-glx. Booked
3. Chris, Tony and Christopher- BajaBronco13. Booked

4. Travis - Travisfab (maybe)
5. Ryan - Ryands650X
6. Michael - Guard. Booked
7. Jose - Crisis88
8. Greg - Broncodawg
9. Chris- Philo (Doesnt need to book)
10. Tony - Dicker1
11. Brian - Yikes. Booked
12. Jesse - 323bronco
13. Augi - Augi-E7TE
14. Andy - Silverslk
15. Don - Dondrcc
16. Robert - RMC
17. Steve -SteveG Booked
18. Ruben - Fufimi (maybe)
19. John - Autofab
20. Tiffany and Courtney - Autofab
21. Ryan - Autofab
22. Vic - VRed Booked
23. Will West
24. Chris, Alyssa, Jim and Dawn
25. Mikey - Only1Mikey
26. Dave Slapp - y-style
27. Bill from Bill Mobile
28. Buck - Bajabuck Booked
29. Dale McCue +1 - Booked
HotRod82
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:27 pm
Bronco Info: 99 Explorer -Dixon Front, Giant 64 rear.

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by HotRod82 »

OK, so add me and Mrs. HotRod82 to the list, just booked our room at the Tropicana. Looking forward to finally meeting some of the GFB gang! FYI - to anyone headed to Barstow on the 10th I am hauling my Bronco up and staying at the Holiday Inn Express there at outlet ctr. I will be leaving my truck and trailer there as I have many times when doing the MT on my dualsport. They are really cool there and so far (knock on wood) they have kept an eye on my truck and have had no issues.

Anyone running the MT back to Barstow Sunday? I am game if anyone wants to hit the trail early Sun and run a decent clip back to Barstow....I know a couple different routes if you want to mix it up a bit.

Last - I have a detailed gpx file of the trail if anyone wants it...
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by BajaF250 »

HotRod82 wrote:OK, so add me and Mrs. HotRod82 to the list, just booked our room at the Tropicana. Looking forward to finally meeting some of the GFB gang! FYI - to anyone headed to Barstow on the 10th I am hauling my Bronco up and staying at the Holiday Inn Express there at outlet ctr. I will be leaving my truck and trailer there as I have many times when doing the MT on my dualsport. They are really cool there and so far (knock on wood) they have kept an eye on my truck and have had no issues.

Anyone running the MT back to Barstow Sunday? I am game if anyone wants to hit the trail early Sun and run a decent clip back to Barstow....I know a couple different routes if you want to mix it up a bit.

Last - I have a detailed gpx file of the trail if anyone wants it...
Yup, I too am going to head up on Thu the 10th and already have my reservations at the very same hotel. It's a pretty nice little hotel...nice and clean. Would you mind sending the gps file to me? I'll pm you my email address.
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by BajaF250 »

I had a good question the other day and that was... where are the maps? Well, just to update you all, I'm heading up to Barstow this afternoon and I'm meeting with the National Park Service folks and then tomorrow morning Chris and I will prerun a section of the course and check out our proposed camp spot. I should have maps after I get a better feel for the course, et al.
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by BajaF250 »

A quick update... Chris and I preran about half of the course yesterday... it's going to be terrific. Soda lake is dry enough to blast through (given we don't have any appreciable rain in the next month), there are a couple of water crossings early on, not too deep, sand, rocks, mud, whoops, some nice flat graded sections... and most of all, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL out there. It's soooo green, with the rains they've had out there in the past few months, it's simply gorgeous.

We scouted out a camp site that will work exceptionally well for the group. There will be plenty of room for all the trucks that come along. We counted three fire rings so we'll have to split up the camps around the fires, but they are all pretty close to each other. More on fires in the coming days...

I'll work the maps and the GPS file in the next few days as well. In the meantime, if you want a gps file, please zap me a pm or email with your email address and I'll send it your way when it's done. It will be for the lowrance (.usr) file format.

For those who've run the Mojave road before, you know what you're in for... for those who haven't, you'll be pleased with the trail and the beauty.

Looking forward to having everyone together and enjoying the weekend of fun!! Can't wait!
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by Silverslk »

Not 100% yet but loks like i might be out. Some of you know, I've been looking to local to get a used car for my sister (to drive out to her in Oklahoma due to her finances and location to big city) and my moms Birthday is Pct.15th so I might drive the car out and be there for her Birthday..... Im sure thats more than a good enough reason for most (if not all) on here.
User avatar
crisis88
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 pm
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by crisis88 »

Hey Tom, do you have the GPS coordinates to the camp site for those of us who don't have a lowrance GPS.

Thanks
Jose
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by BajaF250 »

crisis88 wrote:Hey Tom, do you have the GPS coordinates to the camp site for those of us who don't have a lowrance GPS.

Thanks
Jose
Hey Jose,
I don't have it right here with me, but I will get it and post it. What GPS do you have (assuming you have something other than a Lowrance)? There are conversion programs out there you can access for free so you can convert the .usr file to yours... just a thought.
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by BajaF250 »

Just to whet your appetite... the Mojave Road map.

Just a quick reference... we'll all meet up at the Afton Road exit and gather there (see page one on the map)... then depart for the trail run at noon on Friday, 11 Oct.

The Mojave road runs east from there... the trial is highlighted green on the map so you can follow it. (Actually, it turned out yellow(ish) on the posted maps...)

Our proposed camp spot will be at the base of the "Beale Mountains" located on map page two, just above the "IO" in "NATIONAL" printed on the map and just to the west of "Bright Outlook Mine."

The last page of the map to follow...
Attachments
Mojave national preserve, Mojave Road-color_Page_1s.jpg
Mojave national preserve, Mojave Road-color_Page_1s.jpg (177.62 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Mojave national preserve, Mojave Road-color_Page_2s.jpg
Mojave national preserve, Mojave Road-color_Page_2s.jpg (178.31 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Mojave national preserve, Mojave Road-color_Page_3s.jpg
Mojave national preserve, Mojave Road-color_Page_3s.jpg (178.6 KiB) Viewed 852 times
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by BajaF250 »

Last map page...

You can try printing these maps from the site, but don't know the quality of the printout... but, there will be copies in the trail book that everyone will get.
Attachments
Mojave national preserve, Mojave Road-color_Page_4s.jpg
Mojave national preserve, Mojave Road-color_Page_4s.jpg (174.28 KiB) Viewed 852 times
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by BajaF250 »

Silverslk wrote:Not 100% yet but loks like i might be out. Some of you know, I've been looking to local to get a used car for my sister (to drive out to her in Oklahoma due to her finances and location to big city) and my moms Birthday is Pct.15th so I might drive the car out and be there for her Birthday..... Im sure thats more than a good enough reason for most (if not all) on here.
Andy, say it's not so... will miss you if you can't make it...
User avatar
crisis88
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 pm
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by crisis88 »

No worries Tom.
I'm actually using my everyday garmin. But it allows me to enter GPS coordinates to plot locations.

The only reason I'm asking for specifics, is that because I have to wait for the girls and the wife to get out of school and work. I will be playing catch up later that afternoon.

I'm hoping if I know where camp is I can plot a intercept course using the closest paved roads or maybe some pole line roads.

Thanks again
Jose

Oh if there's any others that cant make the start time. maybe we can set up a little chase group. Just a thought.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Here is some pics from this weekend's prerun on the Mojave Trail:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by BajaBronco13 »

More pics:

Image

Image

Image

No tortoises were harmed during this prerun:

Image
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by Travisfab »

You guys can take me off the list, too much to do, too little time. Darn it!
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by tcm glx »

Travisfab wrote:You guys can take me off the list, too much to do, too little time. Darn it!

Darn you Travis!! You started this snowball effect!! Don't bail on us!
User avatar
Quailhunter
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:29 am
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed
Location: San Diego,CA

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by Quailhunter »

Tom I see people dropping , there may be a chance I could swing this trip. Could I be held as a late alternate ?
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 2013 Baja HID run

Post by tcm glx »

BAJAHID Excursion 2013 updated list ....

1. Tom - BajaF250. Booked
2. Tony - tcm-glx. Booked
3. Chris, Tony and Christopher- BajaBronco13. Booked

5. Michael - Guard. Booked
6. Jose - Crisis88
7. Greg - Broncodawg
8. Chris- Philo (Doesnt need to book)
9. Tony - Dicker1
10. Brian - Yikes. Booked
11. Jesse - 323bronco
12. Augi - Augi-E7TE
13. Don - Dondrcc
14. Robert - RMC
15. Steve -SteveG Booked
16. Ruben - Fufimi (maybe)
17. John - Autofab
18. Tiffany and Courtney - Autofab
19. Ryan - Autofab
20. Vic - VRed Booked
21. Will West
22. Chris, Alyssa, Jim and Dawn
23. Dave Slapp - y-style
24. Bill from Bill Mobile
25. Buck - Bajabuck Booked
26. Dale McCue +1 - Booked
27. Rob-Quailhunter maybe
Post Reply