95 Bronco Build!
-
Mojo
- Posts: 444
- Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:55 pm
- Bronco Info: 96eb 5.8, custom SS exh, C&T/uniball, Heim R-arms, 35"bajas 4.88s F53 w/SOLO shackle PRPs
- Location: Prescott, AZ
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Your Bonco is lookin really good Travis. Awesome you're noticing a big improvement in handling with the changes 
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Time for new rear glass... you starting on the 5" rears you told me about a few months ago?Travisfab wrote:Also picked up a housing that should put me at about 86".
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Definitely going to need some larger bedsides now. It's further out than I had hoped, probably not until next year unless we could get some guys to commit and give us a down payment.
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
I was in a pinch to get mine so I got the McNeils. They are ok, didnt like them at first but they have grown on me now I love them.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
cs_drums wrote:I was in a pinch to get mine so I got the McNeils. They are ok, didnt like them at first but they have grown on me now I love them.
When I do them, I am going to do something to match my fronts. I dont like Bronco bedsides that go above the rear window line, and I don't like on mine how sharply they dive down off the top corner. They will have a nice flat top.
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Sounds good. Maybe Ill switch mine out if I like them.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Just picked up these bins. Planning on building some sort of a slide out rack, with an upper shelf.


Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Where did you find those bins at? I can't find them anywhere near me.
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Staples has the best price that ive found.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Staples!! Awesome. Home Depot and lowes by me no longer carry them.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Walmart carries a different brand that have hinged tops. I paid 18.95 for this one.
- Attachments
-
- uploadfromtaptalk1379264449683.jpg (41.53 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Also check Amazon.com. They ha good prices when I was looking
I wound up getting the 27gal tough crates for $9 ea at Costco...
I wound up getting the 27gal tough crates for $9 ea at Costco...
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Got them at Office Depot. The Home Depot bins just weren't going to fly for me, we've hammered so many of those things as pit boxes. I really wanted something that would latch and lock, and last!
Those swag things are nice, but $$
Those swag things are nice, but $$
- Bobby Velazquez
- Posts: 81
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:46 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco XLT 302
- Location: Mexicali, Baja, Mexico
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Wal-Mart used to sell these a couple of years back.... I bought a couple of them but now I couldn't find them anywhere....
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
REI has them as well. Not sure on price though.
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Sport Chalet as well.
-
D1cker1
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm
- Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior
- Location: ORANGE CUNTY, COMIFORNIA وس إنجليزي - عربي
Housing
86" on the housing..
Ideally what width do you want to be for 4.5 Wider beams in the front?
is that 86" without components?(Brakes,Calipers,Studs, Wheels etc)
Ideally what width do you want to be for 4.5 Wider beams in the front?
is that 86" without components?(Brakes,Calipers,Studs, Wheels etc)
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Having a narrower rear track with allows turning easier with a spool and also makes the truck a little more stable is some situations (not ruts). I am doing 4 over in the front and 3 over on each side in the rear.
86 is about 3" wider per side outside to outside. Stock axles are 65" and out side to outside is 80" with standard offset 7-8" wheels.
86 is about 3" wider per side outside to outside. Stock axles are 65" and out side to outside is 80" with standard offset 7-8" wheels.
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Travis! Make me some bedsides that move the rear axle 5" back and can handle a 86" outside to outside measurement, probably a 5" flare.
I want more wheelbase and rear driveline!
I want more wheelbase and rear driveline!


