They are! and combined with removing my bumper and having no front cross member, she was dancing all over the place. It's feeling a lot better now. To re-phrase, my radiator hose wasnt ripped off, but it did crack it enough to where it was leaking pretty bad. My thinking on my under hood setup is to re-enforce the body only. I always see people making supports off their engine cage, which doesnt make sense to me at this point. Without a cage, I believe that it would actually promote cracking. I think that my frame/engine cage should be flexing separately from my body. I am going to do some aluminum pucks under the radiator core support as well. Once she is caged I'll do additional bracing off of it.yikes wrote:The problem is the frames are like spaghetti in these things. When the steel fenders are removed, things really start to loosen up. I didn't realize how bad it was until I pulled the hood due to a broken hinge and went running around Barstow. Scared the shiz out of me. Body begins to crack and just gets worse and worse until nearly unrecoverable. A cage solves it.Rmc wrote:Wow! That's a lot of flex!
95 Bronco Build!
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
It looked good, but I didnt like it. Too heavy. I'm brain storming something now, it will be unlike anything you've seen on a Bronco hood. Main goal is to get hot air out!CITYRAT wrote:What happen to that custom hood in your earlier posts?..
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
My new heater box hates me!

Anyone interested in my wheels and 35's?
I have 4 BFG Bajas, 1 has a sidewall plug, 1 has a chunk taken out of the sidewall all 40% tread range
2 BFG mud terrains, 1 95% tread, 1 50%
1 Maxxis mud terrain 95% tread
1 General 60% tread
5 Factory Alcoa wheels, 4 Plasti Dipped black, the aluminum is perfect underneath.

Anyone interested in my wheels and 35's?
I have 4 BFG Bajas, 1 has a sidewall plug, 1 has a chunk taken out of the sidewall all 40% tread range
2 BFG mud terrains, 1 95% tread, 1 50%
1 Maxxis mud terrain 95% tread
1 General 60% tread
5 Factory Alcoa wheels, 4 Plasti Dipped black, the aluminum is perfect underneath.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
The "riveted" wheels in the pic above - or alcoas? The riveted wheels are cast and not alcoa made.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
I was under the assumption that Alcoa made the wheels in this style as well. If not, then they are Outlaw 2'sChaseTruck754 wrote:The "riveted" wheels in the pic above - or alcoas? The riveted wheels are cast and not alcoa made.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
I'm going to stick to my guns on the wheels and call them factory Alcoas. They have been on the truck since 96!
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
They are factory wheels. Just not made by alcoa for the factory. The cool deal with the alcoa wheels is they are forged & therefor STRONG.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Gotcha!ChaseTruck754 wrote:They are factory wheels. Just not made by alcoa for the factory. The cool deal with the alcoa wheels is they are forged & therefor STRONG.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Scrapped it?.. Sold it?. It had to be lighter than stock hood..
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
[quote="CITYRAT"]Scrapped it?.. Sold it?. It had to be lighter than stock hood..[/quote
I still have it, and it is lighter than a stock hood.
I didnt want to say that I couldnt get it lined up as nicely as I wanted too. I think the louvers may have deformed it slightly.
I still have it, and it is lighter than a stock hood.
I didnt want to say that I couldnt get it lined up as nicely as I wanted too. I think the louvers may have deformed it slightly.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Another update in the fight against flex




-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
That should stop flex dead in its tracks.
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
If you solid mount the front core support but not the rest of the body mounts that is gonna lead to cracks somewhere though.
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Nope. I mounted everything solid. Without a cage it transfers all of the frame flex through the sheet metal and tears things to shreds. It's harsh. Not being negative, but trying to save you from replacing parts in the future...like body parts/cab. I've welded my core support a few times. Haha! Cage solves it.Rmc wrote:That should stop flex dead in its tracks.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Honestly, between my radiator core support, and cab, is two pieces of 3/4 inch square tube, and fiberglass fenders. Right now that area is doing the flexing rather than my core support flopping around. The cage is pretty high on the priority list right now too. I'm honestly not too worried about it.
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Did you adjust your dual rate stopper? DId it help the to soft feeling?
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
cs_drums wrote:Did you adjust your dual rate stopper? DId it help the to soft feeling?
I did, and yes it definitely helped. The truck is handling better then ever now
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
SweeeeeT!
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Finally threw some straps on this beast. I am amazed at how much better it handles! You wouldn't really expect much, but by deleting the last 4 inches of of bump steer travel really helped. I set her right at about 19.5 rather than the 24 it had before.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Chipping away, threw some new upper coils on. I like these 400's much better than the 350's. With the limit straps, and now these springs, the truck is handling better than ever. Much less side to side weight transfer around turns. Next couple things on the list are front and rear bumpers, and mounting my light rack.





Also picked up a housing that should put me at about 86".






Also picked up a housing that should put me at about 86".

