95 Bronco Build!

User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

I looked into the spacer, I thought it was going to be something that pushed the whole assembly out. Being that it is just a little donut, I'm going to get her solid tonight and go from there.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Yeah the spacer is just a little machined piece that goes between the wheel & mounting hub. Simple to add later & simple to make if you need one.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

Kind of the same pic I've posted before, but you can see the rear pins, and I actually used a decent camera.

Image

I'll have it at the El Cajon car show tonight
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

Couple little updates
Image
Image

And the pain a lot of us Bronco guys have felt. Got to have AC!!!
Image
big-d
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:29 pm
Bronco Info: 1987 F150, 351W/418 Stroker, E4OD, F250 1356 W/fixed yokes, Sterling 10.25, D50 TTB 4" over

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by big-d »

I like how you used the hinges with the rear hood pins! Going vintage air under the dash?
User avatar
cypher
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by cypher »

big-d wrote:I like how you used the hinges with the rear hood pins! Going vintage air under the dash?
+1 Very cool
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

big-d wrote:I like how you used the hinges with the rear hood pins! Going vintage air under the dash?
I was thinking the same thing. Haven't seen that done before that I can recall. Any instability there due to multiple "flex" points or is the thing pretty solid?
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

It's decently solid. It shakes around a little when i hit bumps, but it doesnt flap in the wind or anything. I just replaced the stock box, I blew out the old one a while back.
big-d
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:29 pm
Bronco Info: 1987 F150, 351W/418 Stroker, E4OD, F250 1356 W/fixed yokes, Sterling 10.25, D50 TTB 4" over

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by big-d »

Can you tell me the distance from the top of the tire to the top of the fender? Or just from the ground to the top of the fender? I am setting my ride height on my F150 and was just curious where yours is at. I really like the stance on yours and the way it is all coming together.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

big-d wrote:Can you tell me the distance from the top of the tire to the top of the fender? Or just from the ground to the top of the fender? I am setting my ride height on my F150 and was just curious where yours is at. I really like the stance on yours and the way it is all coming together.

20" from the top of a worn down 35 to the fender. It actually sits a little ass high. I'd like to raise it an inch or so.
The rear of my truck, on paper, should be zero lift. 3" lift Deavers, with Giant shackles in the stock location. I think it's a couple inches high than stock.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

More, under hood bracing. The truck is feeling more and more solid.

Image
Image
User avatar
93Broncobuff
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
Location: Huntington Beach, California

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by 93Broncobuff »

bitchin man!!!!!
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

1 more
Image
User avatar
93Broncobuff
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
Location: Huntington Beach, California

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by 93Broncobuff »

way too groovy man!! ahahah
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Rmc »

Looking good, let me know how well that cuts the vibration down. I've been needing to do that for a while.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

Rmc wrote:Looking good, let me know how well that cuts the vibration down. I've been needing to do that for a while.

I drove it earlier today over a decent little washboard. It still has some flex, but it's definitely an improvement from where it was. It was so bad before that it ripped off my lower radiator hose!
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Rmc »

Wow! That's a lot of flex!
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

Rmc wrote:Wow! That's a lot of flex!

Happened on my Mexico run, I'm still rocking the patch!
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by yikes »

Rmc wrote:Wow! That's a lot of flex!
The problem is the frames are like spaghetti in these things. When the steel fenders are removed, things really start to loosen up. I didn't realize how bad it was until I pulled the hood due to a broken hinge and went running around Barstow. Scared the shiz out of me. Body begins to crack and just gets worse and worse until nearly unrecoverable. A cage solves it.
CITYRAT
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:16 pm
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by CITYRAT »

What happen to that custom hood in your earlier posts?..
Post Reply