Greg's 92
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Greg's 92
Looks great. Any drone at highway speed, 2k rpm?
- Agui-E7TE
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
- Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear
Re: Greg's 92
Side exit exhaust is a really fun mod to do.
I did the same to mine and love the way it sounds when I get on it hard. I have a single chamber Flowsound muffler (Flowmaster knock off that's identical in every way). I previously had a Flowmaster 40 series muffler with a single turn down before the axle and it was pretty annoying after a short while. It would rumble and vibrate the ground underneath at all times and set off alarms all the time. Current set up is quieter in the cab unless I stomp on it and alarms only go off half the time now but the best part is that I don't have anymore exhaust coming inside when I drive with the windows down.
It does rumble quite a bit on mine to the point where people have asked me if I have a mild cam in it, which it doesn't. The next one I build might though.
I did the same to mine and love the way it sounds when I get on it hard. I have a single chamber Flowsound muffler (Flowmaster knock off that's identical in every way). I previously had a Flowmaster 40 series muffler with a single turn down before the axle and it was pretty annoying after a short while. It would rumble and vibrate the ground underneath at all times and set off alarms all the time. Current set up is quieter in the cab unless I stomp on it and alarms only go off half the time now but the best part is that I don't have anymore exhaust coming inside when I drive with the windows down.
It does rumble quite a bit on mine to the point where people have asked me if I have a mild cam in it, which it doesn't. The next one I build might though.
- Gregsbronco13
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 5.8 white pretty stock for now
Re: Greg's 92
Yeah same here no drone I the cab .... I did the same thing with a down pipe and had exhaust coming in that's why I like it on the ....now I'm putting in new breaks all the way around should be done in a couple and then were gonna go for a quick spin in the hills
- Gregsbronco13
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 5.8 white pretty stock for now
Re: Greg's 92
Ok this is BS!!! I take the bronco down the road about 1 1/2 mi and get a hunk of metal in the tire
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Greg's 92
damn - that SUCKS. Those things have what - .5 miles on them???
- Gregsbronco13
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 5.8 white pretty stock for now
Re: Greg's 92
Yeah...a weight from the front came off and blew the back..so much for fun shake down today now that I'm getting a tire re balanced and a new back one
- Gregsbronco13
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 5.8 white pretty stock for now
Re: Greg's 92
Ok after some minor on the fly repairs ( vacuum line) I got the bronco running sweet the motor is broke in and now I can start saving money for suspension and a cage.....as you can see I need to start with getting my go fast parts!!! And find a good fab guy for the cage and other stuff I don't trust myself welding ....also I'm going to be selling a KLX 450 with a lot of extras on it (pipe silencer engine plug kit bars carb kit sprockets chain bar risers bla bla ) so if you know anyone ill put up pics in a few day
- Gregsbronco13
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 5.8 white pretty stock for now
Re: Greg's 92
Got the kids seats in now
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Greg's 92
Those things are bad ass. I might have to get a set 
- Gregsbronco13
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 5.8 white pretty stock for now
Re: Greg's 92
What's even better is I got them for free from a friend
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Greg's 92
FreeFittyFree is priceless.
- Gregsbronco13
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 5.8 white pretty stock for now
Re: Greg's 92
Just playing around...it doesn't go fast thru the desert (yet) but it crawls good lol
- Gregsbronco13
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 5.8 white pretty stock for now
Re: Greg's 92
remade my center consul need to get it wrapped now
- Gregsbronco13
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 5.8 white pretty stock for now
Re: Greg's 92
took the family out to the race
- 93Broncobuff
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
- Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: Greg's 92
That looks bitchin man!!!!
- Gregsbronco13
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 5.8 white pretty stock for now
Re: Greg's 92
Thanks!!! It's a SLOW process lol
