Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
I just aquired my first Bronco two weeks ago. After having gone through a few XJ's I felt I wanted to try something different. It's a bone stock '89 5.0 Eddie Bauer. I drove it home about 100 miles without any issues, but it has a tick that comes up that I want to look at. I don't have very big plans for it at the moment, just the regular tune up and maintenance. I will be getting heimed radius arms made for now, some bilstein shocks, and a 4-6" coil. I'll be using drop brackets for now, hopefully a cut and turn in the future.
now on to the pictures.
now on to the pictures.
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Heims are in...


Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Nothing big yet, wheels are coming in this week, leaving truck at shop tomorrow for radius arms and brackets, engine should be pulled out next week for leaky rear main and pan. Went at it with some black rattle can for now
- 93Broncobuff
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
- Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
nice man lookin good!!!!
- 93Broncobuff
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
- Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
lookin good man!!! wat ta go!
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Looking good.
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Pitman arm is coming in tomorrow hopefully I can get the wheels on by the end of the week
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Seems like ill be needing another set of shocks. I was going to use some bilstein 5100s that a buddy removed off his bronco when he went to coilovers, but they are for a 4" coil. Anyone know what size stock is needed for a 6" coil?
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Sorry meant to say shock*
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
ok just got back from the tire shop. Went with 17" Method double standard wheels in black/machined beadlock. Tires are used BFG allterrains 315/70/17.
also got the radius arms installed with 1.25" heims, 6" coils, drop brackets, and some bilstein 5100's.
also got the radius arms installed with 1.25" heims, 6" coils, drop brackets, and some bilstein 5100's.
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Is that spare filled with concrete, bro?! Methods look good.
-
used parts
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 3:52 am
- Bronco Info: 95 302 e4od 4.10 gears 35" goodyears pos trail truck/ only allowed to buy used parts for it
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
looks great, who made the radius arms they are bad ass.
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Thanks.
There's no shocks on the rear, they were too short....
Arms were made by a buddy, send me a pm if you need some.
There's no shocks on the rear, they were too short....
Arms were made by a buddy, send me a pm if you need some.
- 93Broncobuff
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
- Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
looks bitchin brah!!!
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Looks way better, nice progress.
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
I was going through my to-do list, coming up is gears.
There's a tag on the front axle with the following number
610335-4
a google search brought up a result of it being a 4.09 stock ratio D44.
Looks like many are running 4.56s with 35s so I may give that a try.
There's a tag on the front axle with the following number
610335-4
a google search brought up a result of it being a 4.09 stock ratio D44.
Looks like many are running 4.56s with 35s so I may give that a try.













