Travisfab needs our votes!!

User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by Travisfab »

Don't let this guy win!

Image
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I should go take a dump on my 60 & take a pic of it for you so he can see how we feel about SAS on these things.

Funny how some can be open minded to another way of building and others are just plain idiots about it if you don't do it there way. Oh wait, I guess that's sort of how/why this site was formed, so I guess it's not ALL bad :roll:
Olred94
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:00 am
Bronco Info: 94 xlt 5.8 SAS

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by Olred94 »

Weak!!! Can't just let the rigs do the talking?
And FYI making fake accounts won't work you can't vote for 30 days after registering.
But keep up the begging its gotten you this far
Olred94
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:00 am
Bronco Info: 94 xlt 5.8 SAS

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by Olred94 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I should go take a dump on my 60 & take a pic of it for you so he can see how we feel about SAS on these things.

Funny how some can be open minded to another way of building and others are just plain idiots about it if you don't do it there way. Oh wait, I guess that's sort of how/why this site was formed, so I guess it's not ALL bad :roll:

Yea there's idiots that don't know shit and there's people that need all the stuff made for them cause they dot know shit about fabricating but wait that's kinda the same thing right? Haha good attitude over here
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Better yet - if I had the time I'd run over to the shop where the SAS was done (my buddy's shop - and no he's not a tool in regard to hating on TTB like the owner seems to be) and have him take a pic of me pissing on an SAS bronco. There's enough of um around that shop that one is always there for sure & there's enough beer around to work up a good stream!

As you said though - wish they could just let the rigs speak for themselves.

Although... calling on everyone registered over there to vote your way doesn't really seem to hold to that either. So let's pretend I didn't just bring it up :)
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by Travisfab »

Olred94 wrote:Weak!!! Can't just let the rigs do the talking?
And FYI making fake accounts won't work you can't vote for 30 days after registering.
But keep up the begging its gotten you this far
What's even more weak is you signing up for this site just to bitch. Nice first 2 posts.

Thanks for the FYI on new accounts, keep ASSuming

Show me begging?


Got any more you want to try?
Olred94
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:00 am
Bronco Info: 94 xlt 5.8 SAS

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by Olred94 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Better yet - if I had the time I'd run over to the shop where the SAS was done (my buddy's shop - and no he's not a tool in regard to hating on TTB like the owner seems to be) and have him take a pic of me pissing on an SAS bronco. There's enough of um around that shop that one is always there for sure & there's enough beer around to work up a good stream!

As you said though - wish they could just let the rigs speak for themselves.

Although... calling on everyone registered over there to vote your way doesn't really seem to hold to that either. So let's pretend I didn't just bring it up :)
I think you got some places mixed up, two different shops,

@travis
This whole thread created for votes, telling people to borrow girls and wife's phones login all just shit, I give you and your rig credit, it's clean, seems legit but you haven't really done much except snap the same garage pics an reminded people your fingers killing you.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by Travisfab »

Olred94 wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:
@travis
This whole thread created for votes, telling people to borrow girls and wife's phones login all just shit, I give you and your rig credit, it's clean, seems legit but you haven't really done much except snap the same garage pics an reminded people your fingers killing you.
1. I didnt create the thread, even if I did, what's the problem? Are you new to the internet?
2. I myself did not say anything about borrowing girls and wife's phones to login, and there's no font for sarcasm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. If you don't like it, move on, not sure what you're trying to accomplish here

Honestly man, I have been working on my truck for a year and have only had it out a few times. I don't have a lot of pictures. My finger is the only update I have, I would be welding on my muffler, mounting my hood and limit straps, building bumpers and so on, but I'm struggling to wipe my ass to by quite frank. I also dont take pictures of every single nut and bolt I twist on the truck.

Think about man, you registered here just to stir the pot, I don't think anyone would think that's cool.
4x4_mafia_jon
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 6:29 pm
Bronco Info: all stock on some 33s.. just crossed over from the rock crawler dackside

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by 4x4_mafia_jon »

wow steve.. you know nick is just going to delete your shit right??

the diffrence is these riggs go 60+ through shit id rather not go 30. if i was going the speeds these rigs do i would pay someone to do most of my fab work too..

i wouldnt mind fliping agents a rock but to go indo after indow is no joke.. the money invested in these rigs is way higher then what you or i have put up. keep that in mind.

now the rigs do the talking dude im sure the 30+ votes arnt only from gofast members.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Yup - made the mistake of ASSuming based on the pic of it sitting in the front of "The Shop". I hadn't been keeping up on the thread but went over and caught up between my last post & now & realized I was wrong. Seems he did do the work in his own shop, but sure still seems like he used Ed's brackets though - right? If so doesn't he fit into your quote from earlier???
[quote="Olred94Yea there's idiots that don't know shit and there's people that need all the stuff made for them cause they dot know shit about fabricating but wait that's kinda the same thing right?[/quote]


Another funny thing... When one of "The Shop" trucks is running in FOTM & it gets close Ed will (has in the past a few times at least) called me & asked for a favor of checkin in on the thread & throwing some votes that way. I seem to remember it being Ron's truck that got a few votes from over here...
Problem is if there's a desert type truck thrown in vs. an over sized, balloon tired thing (big dumb mud truck as I jokingly call them to Ed) then I can't vote against my roots & my taste & I know these guys can't either. Just like the rest of the country voting for the SAS type rigs because TTB isn't their style.


While BnT's rig is nice but I personally don't get (or agree with rather) the burning of the TTB & flip off so I wouldn't be about to vote his way.

Also, some guys are voting for it saying it's more "well rounded" or do it all type rig than Travis'. My though is Travis' setup would handle more all around stuff than an SAS, but that's just me.
4x4_mafia_jon
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 6:29 pm
Bronco Info: all stock on some 33s.. just crossed over from the rock crawler dackside

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by 4x4_mafia_jon »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Yup - made the mistake of ASSuming based on the pic of it sitting in the front of "The Shop". I hadn't been keeping up on the thread but went over and caught up between my last post & now & realized I was wrong. Seems he did do the work in his own shop, but sure still seems like he used Ed's brackets though - right? If so doesn't he fit into your quote from earlier???
[quote="Olred94Yea there's idiots that don't know shit and there's people that need all the stuff made for them cause they dot know shit about fabricating but wait that's kinda the same thing right?

Another funny thing... When one of "The Shop" trucks is running in FOTM & it gets close Ed will (has in the past a few times at least) called me & asked for a favor of checkin in on the thread & throwing some votes that way. I seem to remember it being Ron's truck that got a few votes from over here...
Problem is if there's a desert type truck thrown in vs. an over sized, balloon tired thing (big dumb mud truck as I jokingly call them to Ed) then I can't vote against my roots & my taste & I know these guys can't either. Just like the rest of the country voting for the SAS type rigs because TTB isn't their style.


While BnT's rig is nice but I personally don't get (or agree with rather) the burning of the TTB & flip off so I wouldn't be about to vote his way.

Also, some guys are voting for it saying it's more "well rounded" or do it all type rig than Travis'. My though is Travis' setup would handle more all around stuff than an SAS, but that's just me.[/quote]

x2 ive see lifted ttb rigs hit the same stuff the 1ton bronco hit..

this is why these two worlds cant seem to get along.. dumb ass comments like that steve wont get you anywhere.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by Travisfab »

Sounds like these guys take their contest pretty seriously!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

4x4_mafia_jon wrote:wow steve.. you know nick is just going to delete your shit right??

the diffrence is these riggs go 60+ through shit id rather not go 30. if i was going the speeds these rigs do i would pay someone to do most of my fab work too..

i wouldnt mind fliping agents a rock but to go indo after indow is no joke.. the money invested in these rigs is way higher then what you or i have put up. keep that in mind.

now the rigs do the talking dude im sure the 30+ votes arnt only from gofast members.
Why would he delete it? And I know for a fact Nick won't - as he can't...

My responses were made in kind to some that were posted. Actually what I'm sure you're refering to was a quote of someone else's post actually...

As for the $$ to invest in the rig - you have zero clue what I have to put in my rig or don't.
And yes $ put into a rig adds up a LOT faster when you pay someone else to do it. That's a big part of the reason I build my own stuff. The other is I LOVE to do so.
If I fab for others (which I get asked to all the time) I charge $75-95/hr. depending on who it is and the project. If I multiplied that rate to the hours I have in the crew cab my truck would probably cost more than a trophy truck. Not that that matters or means anything at all though. So how does what they're actually paid into these rigs make any difference? Some guys do their own work, get deals on parts, help race teams out & score spares that way, etc. and therefore can have less $$ in the truck that other guys. Does that make it any less of a truck????
Just not getting how the price tag means anything.

Oh, and last - ride in a well built desert truck sometime soon if you can. They'll do 110 mph over stuff the mud or rock type rigs get squirelly on at the 60+ mph.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

4x4_mafia_jon wrote:this is why these two worlds cant seem to get along.. dumb ass comments like that steve wont get you anywhere.
Dumb ass comments like what? Being pissed that idiots burn & take flip off pics of the TTB?

Or the joking comment about the overly large, balloon tire trucks? Ask Ed about that one. I seem to make the same comment/joke every time I'm at his shop. Difference there's no keyboard inbetween us so he at least knows I'm joking.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by Travisfab »

I honestly dont think anyone should be arguing about an internet contest. It's really not that important to me.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

We should do a koh type run
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Travisfab wrote:I honestly dont think anyone should be arguing about an internet contest. It's really not that important to me.
I could give a rat's ass about the contest - really. I'm was just trying to find our where I was out of line in my responses.


I was up for a rig of the month type thing like this once on the cummins forum where I have my swap going. I didn't care enough to monitor the thread & post up pics (don't get the whore out your truck with pics to get votes BS) so I got like 5 votes. Actually - only looked at the thread twice. 1st day and like a week in. So no clue how many votes I had, but I don't think it got much higher than the 5 or so I had. haha
Olred94
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:00 am
Bronco Info: 94 xlt 5.8 SAS

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by Olred94 »

Jon are you really giving advise on stupid comments?

We all know the rigs are different and the followers of them have their shit to say, I just figured we have you guys over there doing your shit and hating our ways seems like you guys need one over here, the ttb salute is a tradition over there, and not always personal, b&t just got more creative with his, and he actually sold that set up to a go fast dude that came by "the AutoShop" and discussed his plans and looked at his and everything went real well.

I wouldn't normally make a fuss but in the circumstances where one rig and owner is clearly putting more into a contest and not getting rewarded for it while others that could care less come and click a button and bounce, then yea better believe ill talk some shit, simple as that, can't handle it give up the hobby.

And chase truck who said you were out of line?
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Jon did. Was just trying to figure out where I went sideways in his eyes.
Olred94
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:00 am
Bronco Info: 94 xlt 5.8 SAS

Re: Travisfab needs our votes!!

Post by Olred94 »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Jon did. Was just trying to figure out where I went sideways in his eyes.
No I thought he was trying to give me his bum advise haha

Regardless, gofastbronco doesn't want b&t to win, and I don't want Travis to win, simple as that, but at least I came over here to talk my shit since it was just open season on sas's and no one to stand up for us :mrgreen:
Post Reply